[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BALI ! Tell me anything and yes I know tourists got tricked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: BeachTropic.jpg (847KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
BeachTropic.jpg
847KB, 2560x1600px
BALI !
Tell me anything and yes I know tourists got tricked into eating dog meat
>>
Take a traditional cooking class. Rent a motorbike (don't crash it like I did, though). Snorkel in Pemuteran. Don't go to Ubud.
>>
>>1268421
>Ubud
whats wrong with that?
>>
>>1268423
Ubud is good if you're a vegan hippie. So if that's your thing go nuts. Gilli islands are definitely worth going to
>>
>>1268431
Ubud disappoints everybody, vegan hippies included. Whatever you want it to be, it isn't.
>>
>>1268444

how do you get around there? Rental car?
>>
Don't forget you boogie board
>>
>>1268444
Not me. Thought it was amazing. Monkey forest nigga. Also flying through the streets on scooters with fellow travelers is still the most fun I've had in my travels.
>>
>>1268414

heard shr00ms got outlawed there
>>
>>1268423
Ubud is about the best place to go unless you're a dumfuk normy.
>>
>>1268414
Is it possible to go to Bali and avoid drunk Australians?
>>
>>1268547
Never.
t. Australian
>>
>>1268670

My wife used to live in Australia. She luvs drunk aussies

Anybody been to the north side of the island?
>>
>>1269499
i used to love your wife too

t. drunk aussie
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (215KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
215KB, 720x480px
this is what the beaches really look like on Bali
>>
>>1269599
Smoked him like a durry mate

>>1269629
Didn't look like that when I went, and I only went to kuta beach, which should be the dirtiest beach of them all
>>
>>1269642
pic is Kuta beach. That's exactly how it was when I went last year. (but the pic is not mine)
Apparently it depends on the weather- the sea brings in a lot of trash when it rains on nearby islands.
>>
>>1269499
I'm sure she does
>>
I was there a month ago for about a week. I stayed in Kuta which sucked but it was kinda central to everything so it's a win/lose situation.

Overall there's a lot to see and do there, it's an interesting place but it's just way too crowded with tourists. Next time I want to visit other Indonesian islands where I get a more local experience because I think the country is really cool. I just hated the fact that I was constantly being asked to buy whatever crap or drugs they were selling.

Bali might have been an amazing place some 30+ years ago but now it's just too commercialized, too tourist oriented. Originally it was labeled as an island paradise, but that was changed many decades ago by throngs of tourists looking for cheap drinks and drugs. I'm not one against partying, I go out a lot, but I don't travel to party because you can do that anywhere and it's literally all the same really.

As for the dog thing, I went to a lot of local restaurants (ones where I was the only white guy) and am certain I did not eat dog. My Indonesian friend told me that dog meat is not really served as replacement for something else, it's definitely a distinct texture that's different than pork/beef/chicken. It is eaten there but only in places where it's marked that it is dog meat.
>>
>>1268448

Easier just to get someone to drive you up there.

Taxi places do runs to Ubud all the time, it's basically a must for first time tourists to hang out at the monkey park.
>>
>>1268460

I set my expectations pretty low for the monkey parks in Ubud the first time I went to Bali, expected to see maybe a few glimpses or something, but it's some next level nature shit when you're sitting under a tree with 3 monkeys climbing all over you and sitting in your lap and such, fucking adorable.
>>
>>1268414

nice thread i'm writing some stuff down!
i'm going to bali two month from september to november.

im gonna stay at a good friends place, he has been living here for about two year now.
i'll have around 2,5k€ for that period. Also i'm currently unemployed and it'll probably stay that way for about a year, so i was considering extending my stay for at least 6 month.

what do you guys think ? how would i proceed Visa wise ?
i'll run short on money i guess, but maybe i could find a litle job somewhere i also have around 400euro monthly to stay sort of afloat.

it'll be my first time leaving europe, so i have zero experience in traveling to such an exotic place.

i'
>>
>>1270160
So, if you don't want this >>1269740
I suggest renting a scooter, getting a buddy to go along with you and travel north.
The area around the lakes is great, stay in Munduk, take hikes down both sides of the hill and travel around for a few days. Bratan is also slightly less touristic than Batur. You can also walk around to the lakes..
Don't trust the hike guides, those "jungle treks" aren't Mount Everest expeditions, most are easier than a Sunday hike in the Alps.

Rather than going to Jatiluwih, see the rice fields north of Ubud, there's a bit less people there and the fields are still pretty nice.

There's this rather unvisited temple that's really neat and serene, just off Jatiluwih, called Pura Luhur Batukaru and the scooter ride there on fucked up roads is quite fun if you're into that kind of thing.

Go West as well, somebody already mentioned Pemuteran... Find Dušan (easy divers) and get him to take you diving off Meninjang or whatsitcalled then drink him into the ground the fucker.

And if you're staying there for almost 3 months you definitely have time to either hop over to Java for a look (avoid Surabaya) or over the other side to Lombok and the Gilis.
>>
I spend some time in Bali.

Dont bother with anything south of Ubud. Chenggu, Seminyak, Kuta, Denpasar, its all one big urban conglomeration. Everyhting is spread so far apart you're either forced to use taxis to get anywhere or to rent a motorcycle and risk getting your balls busted by cops. Everyhting is way overpriced there and filled with a weird sort of surfer douchebaggery that I truly hate: slightly too old and too rich people trying to convince other people that they're cool surfers. The place is filled with vapid hostels where the point is to get drunk every night and sit at the beach during the day. Its fun for one night, but thats it.

Ubud is super touristy, but not in the drinking and surfing type of way. Upscale resorts and big temples. Way more chill crowd than southern bali and much cheaper. It's a good place to stay for a couple days and rent a scooter, the roads are less crowded and less cops busting balls. You can do daytrips to waterfalls and some cool temples.

Bali has great roads, I had a great day driving through the mountains. I did get a horrible sunburn: wear long pants and long sleeves.

Lovina on the north coast has black vulcanic beaches and is semi-touristy. You can see dolphins in the morning and still have a party at night.

Amed is focused fishing, diving, free diving and snorkeling. It has a chill, beach hippy vibe, really liket it here.

Gilis are picture perfect atols with broken coral on the beaches. Gili T is hard partying every night of the year. I was there in the low season and it was crowded, expect some serious overcrowding in high season. I saw some see turtles snorkling between the Gilis. Great places for a couple of days. Shame they are going to be destroyed by tourism in five years.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.