[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We read on your resume that you travel a lot. What is the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: interviewer.png (334KB, 547x450px) Image search: [Google]
interviewer.png
334KB, 547x450px
We read on your resume that you travel a lot.
What is the most important thing you learned from traveling?
>>
You can tell by the hands if the prostitute has a penis
>>
Take me to any bus station and I can score weed within 5 minutes.
>>
Don't speak Ukrainian in Russia unless you want to die
>>
File: 1493801090429.png (95KB, 344x496px) Image search: [Google]
1493801090429.png
95KB, 344x496px
>>1268254
The 9 to 5 is a joke bro, and you are a sucker for buying into it, that's not a tie my man, it's a collar for you to be led around by, I already know you are gonna turn me down so I'm gonna pre emptively tell you to go fuck yourself and walk out of here before you can respond!

Yeah! Stuck it to the man once again! This is what success looks like!
>>
>>1268266
*tips welfare check
>>
>>1268254
There is a direct correlation between crime and brown people
>>
- Don't be scared to talk with random people in hostels, most of the time they're just as bored as you and will like to talk with you
- If you're in a non western country, never eat food in markets, no matter how delicious and clean it looks (i know this should be common knowledge, but I love tropical fruit )
- No matter how exactly you plan your trip in advance, when you're in the middle of it you will always make some changes and take new routes, so don't waste too time planning things in detail whil you're at home.
- Stay away from Paraguay
>>
>>1268254
Rome is a shithole, and people will deny it to their deathbeds because it has some historical shit in the city

Rome is a meme
>>
>>1268254
>What is the most important thing you learned from traveling?

How to deal with situations on the fly with language and cultural barriers that I have to take into account while trying to solve a problem.

What was so hard about that?
>>
>>1268326
Rome's landmarks are memes. Rome itself is pretty comfy.
>>
>>1268314
Nah man after traveling in Latin America for a couple of years I can honestly say that there is direct correlation between heterogenous societies and crime. Homogenous societies rarely see any crime at all. White+Indio+African living together is like a powder keg if you add tropical weather.
>>
>>1268316
Market food is best food. Only times I got sick was from obviously bad food that I ate anyways.
>>
>>1268254
But my resume does not mention traveling.

But a good answer in an interview situation would be something about experience getting along with other people different from you, being adaptable, being self-motivated, the wonderful opportunities we have compared to some folks and how much you want to work hard to enjoy them...
>>
>>1268363
That's good advice actually thanks. Been travelling for a long while and now I have to go try to get a job. I know this'll come up in many interviews, so I've been thinking how to spin it. I definitely think stuff like "outgoing", "adaptability", and "communication despite a language barrier" will sound good.
>>
>>1268341
No. maybe in the 3rd world comfy where you are happy to not have anything stolen, but I think smaller towns in Italy where there isn't trash covered shit smelling streets
>>
There's one thing I learned recently. Many people I know (mostly family) who don't travel much keep saying things about how it's important to be near family, make deep connections to where your home is. But as I travel I find that the city I'm from is not where I want to be and it's a constant argument with those people because they live in a world I don't believe in any more.

I learned that everyone lives in their own world and we have a different view on what life should be like. This makes the world and humanity so interesting and wonderful. We are the same species but someone like a CEO of a multinational company in Manhattan lives a completely different life from a rice farmer in Indonesia yet both of them enjoy it. My family has the belief that the lowly farmer surely cannot enjoy his existence yet I met more happy and smiling people on Bali in a week than I would spending my whole life walking around Wall street.

Now of course I see the world from my privileged view point. I have a western passport, a degree and more money saved up than that farmer will make in a decade. But I don't think I want to ever want to strive for that top job any more, I don't think we were meant to live the 9-5 life and you'll have a happier life doing something you enjoy even if it does earn you a lot less.
>>
>>1268387
>it's important to be near family, make deep connections to where your home is.

I'd agree, I might define "my family" and "where I'm from" in larger terms than they have in mind, though.
>>
>>1268387
I'm sorry Sir, we don't hire faggots.
>>
>>1268443
Fuck you nigger now let me suck that dick
>>
>>1268359
Agreed
>>
>>1268316
>>1268329
>>1268363
>>1268387
all these answers make me cringe, yet they would work well in a job interview
>>
>>1268254
That quitting your job with little warning though a career handicap is ultimately worth it, because you can't buy back the time you waste behind a desk; whereas life experience is generally quiet marketable
>>
>>1268254
The more Muslims a country has the shittier it is.
>>
>>1268254
I lied. This is the first time I've left the midwest. I don't like going outside but I do spend a lot of time on 4chan complaining about immigrants, SJWs, and how all women are whores, though. I'm looking to serve this administration in whatever way you see fit, sir.
>>
>>1268254
>What is the most important thing you learned from traveling?

I just finished tons of interviews after I got back from my RTW trip, this is actually what they asked constantly.
>>
>>1268254
To have anal sex with a ladyboy, prepare yourself from the beginning of the day. Eat proper food(so your ass is clean), use butt gun to clean your ass and do little enema first.
It is always advisable to bring gel as well.
>>
>>1268631
So Angola is better then Saudi Arabia then?
>>
>>1268677
In Angola you can eat steak, kiss in public and own a dog without risking a beheading, so yeah I'd say so.
>>
>>1268621

even the Paraguay one?
>>
>>1268812
Now I really want to know what happened in Paraguay.
>>
>>1268316
I've had lots of market food in Japan and I was fine.
>>
>>1269260

I just stayed in the capital, Asuncion

> super dirt poor compared to its neighbour
> huge cockroaches everywhere, we even found one in our food
> there is a huge smelly shanty town exactly in the centre of the city, next to all the main touristic areas
> lots of other smaller shanty towns in main parks, all of them with their black river of shit and piss running through
> armed soldiers will point their fucking M16 at you if you dare to take a picture of the presidential building, or any other government building really

I saw a boy of maybe 6-7 years drunk as shit, in the middle of the street, then he stopped and started throwing up vomit mixed with blood (he vomited like 5 liters of liquid, the biggest throwing up i've ever seen in my life) while people next to him just ignored him and continued walking.

The hostels were cheap though
>>
>>1268350
East Asia is the same. When 99% of the population has the same background and cultural values, shit goes pretty well.
>>
>>1269310
What a bullshit post. It looks way nicer than cities in Bolivia or Northern Argentina. The police are super friendly and of course they all carry weapons, it's a leftover from the dictatorship and crime rates in Paraguay are low. Streets are generally clean and the people super helpful. The "shanty town" located a good walk away from the city center next to the port and is super small and includes a tourist area and it's not dangerous at all you moron. Guards point their weapon at you if you step on the palace grounds which they will tell you not to do so. Even then there are signs that you are not allowed to enter. The parks in the city center are well kept and there are nice affluent districts just like you would find them in Buenos Aires.

And the hostels are not cheap but relatively expensive.

The people were by far the nicest I've met in South America.
>>
>>1269334

I'm sorry to disagree my man, but there is a super big shanty town right next to the Mausoleo where Solano Lopez is buried, another one next to the presidential building, another in front of the river, and another next to the Museo Etnografico. Oh and another smaller one next to the Bank. I think that having this much shacks in the middle of what is supposed to be the most important city of.your country is a pretty good sign that your government isn't very competent in what it's doing.

Also, i've also been several cities in Bolivia, and comparing cities like Sucre or Santa Cruz to Asuncion is like comparing Tokyo to Ouagadogou. As i said, the only good thing was the Hostel, i paid 5€ per night for a super cool hostel with a pool and a qt 8/10 paraguayan barista serving big glasses of Mate and iced Tererè for like 80 euro cents

I'm sure paraguayan people are super nice and helpful, but this doesn't mean that I would never advise anyone to visit Asuncion, especially since there are so many other things to see and do in neighbouring countries.
>>
>>1269343
Paraguay is a pretty stable country, and if there are some shacks that doesn't mean it's a shantytown. The real shantytowns are outside the city center. Slums of the size you see in Retiro Buenos Aires or in Rio. Santa Cruz and Sucre are absolutely dirty apart from the hip tourist center. And that hostel with the pool doesn't cost 5€ because I staid there too.
>>
File: 1383761523700.png (95KB, 300x562px) Image search: [Google]
1383761523700.png
95KB, 300x562px
>>1268631
> mfw
>>
>>1268316
>If you're in a non western country, never eat food in markets, no matter how delicious and clean it looks

Had no problem in Peru, and my stomach is a fucking weakling.
>>
>>1268675
But Anon, aren't you supposed to fuck them?
>>
File: 1433737143755.jpg (32KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1433737143755.jpg
32KB, 394x394px
>>1270441
>>
STAY AWAY FROM SAULT STE MARIE. IT DESERVES TO BE DESTROYED IN AN EVERLASTING BLAZE OF NUCLEAR FIRE
>>
>>1268316
What's wrong with Paraguay?
>>
>>1268625

That sounds nice but finding one decent job is hard. How can you guarantee to finding another one you get back? No way I'm never delivering food again.
>>
>>1268316
>- If you're in a non western country, never eat food in markets, no matter how delicious and clean it looks (i know this should be common knowledge, but I love tropical fruit )
Bought a tomato in China from an old lady with black shit in her fingernails. She handed it to me after weighing it and I ate it after wiping it on my shirt a bit. Nothing happened.

How is this common knowledge? Every guide says to eat street food and markets.
>>
I'm 4 months back from RTW trip and no job yet. Several interviews though so far and things still in the work. It's just shit that it takes like 2-3 months from the time you apply until you start working in the corporate world it seems.
>>
>>1268254
Never trust the chinese
>>
>>1270500
>>1270251

I also ate almost always in city markets and from street food places during my trip in SA, and also drank tap water all the time, did this for 2 weeks and nothing happened, so I thought too that the "hurr durr careful what you eat and drink" was a total meme, and I started thinking my Immunitary system was invincible, Then on my last days of trip I went to this market in peru and ordered some weird soup made with cacahuetes, after a couple of hours I had fever, diahrrea and vomit, I had to spend the last 4 days of the trip laying on the bed in my hostel surrounded by loud germans with smelly feet, instead of visiting the city, eat in nice restaurants and have fun.

Being sick during a trip is the SHITTIEST thing ever, because you're losing precious time that you could use elseway. I had so many plans for those damn last 4 days, but I couldn't move from my bed because my body was expelling shit through any orifice. After that experience, I prefer to avoid funy food, no matter how "authentic" or typical or cheap it is, it's always better than being sick.
>>
>>1270559
was it worth it?
>>
>>1268810
Have fun in Angola then. I'll be fucking hookers and eating pork in Indonesia.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.