[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ Been studying in Florence for about a week now, got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: Florence edit-xlarge.jpg (142KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Florence edit-xlarge.jpg
142KB, 1280x800px
Hey /trv/

Been studying in Florence for about a week now, got about three weeks left before I have to leave and I've had a good time so far, only complaint is the run-down apartments that the school put us up in. Anyway, we were told that there are 500 reported pick-pocketing incidents in Florence a day, so that doesn't even include unreported incidents. My question is if I manage to notice that I'm being pick-pocketed in the act and the guy takes off, I get after and catch up with him what am I supposed to do? I'm completely clueless to the laws here in Italy that might prohibit me from getting into a fight to get my wallet back.

So what should I do if I get pick-pocketed here?
>>
>>1267983
when a gypsy pickpockets you, just let them do it

they'll run towards a more senior gypsy with a knife in case of trouble
>>
File: 1484793671219.jpg (381KB, 3000x1987px) Image search: [Google]
1484793671219.jpg
381KB, 3000x1987px
>>1267983
Just do everything you can to not get mugged, because if you do get pickpocketed >>1268040
is most likely right, they will run to someone who can and will hurt you, not kill, but hurt

So be smart and you'll never be in that situation, ex. don't act touristy, don't wear nice shit, put money and shit in socks, wallet by dick, that's what I do every time I go near gypsys

also a little fun tip is to fill your pockets with condoms or something funny, so when they reach into your pockets they will only get shit
>>
>>1267983

as long as they're dirty gypsie scum and as long you don't kill/permanently injure them, you can do whatever you want to the one you see pickpocketing you. Police won't do shit, because everyone here hates those motherfuckers, just explain them what happened. Be careful though because what >>1268040 says it's true.

The best advice I can give you is to be smart: don't keep your wallet in you rear pockets, don't bring important documents with you, be careful when you're in the middle of the crowd, and if a group of gyppos approach you asking for money or trying to sell things, tell them to fuck off and go far from them asap.

The 500 reported pickpocketing a day seems a bit exaggerate to me btw. I hope my post doesn't trigger any moralfag, I absolutely have no problem with any race/ethnicity/nationality in the world, but hate towards gyppos is one of the few things that really unites every european.
>>
Dude I've been reading your threads about your stay in Florence since the first time, when you still had to leave. Sorry for the rudeness, but you sound retarded.

>we were told that there are 500 reported pick-pocketing incidents in Florence a day
Like, you believe everything they tell you? That sounds like utter bullshit desu. I'd believe it if the city was Rome or Naples, but Florence is much smaller and, regardless of the presence of immigrants, people are nicer and more educated.

>so that doesn't even include unreported incidents
Lost it. I mean, what the fuck. The way you think is dramatic. The very fact that you thought there could be unreported incidents is ridiculous and only shows your anxiety. Did you even make probability calculations?

>if I manage to notice that I'm being pick-pocketed in the act and the guy takes off, I get after and catch up with him what am I supposed to do?
Fucking punch him in the face, holy shit! You don't have balls? Or maybe are you a girl? Either way, if it happens and you keep standing there in silence you're absolutely retarded. Florence is full of people: scream, call for help, chase the bastard.

>I'm completely clueless to the laws here in Italy that might prohibit me from getting into a fight to get my wallet back
HAHAHA! In every fucking country of the world it's legal to kick someone who just robbed you. It's YOUR wallet, nobody can deprive you of it. You are fully entitled to start a fight and resort to violence.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.