[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone /luxurytravel/ here? What's the best hotel you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2112.jpg (153KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2112.jpg
153KB, 1024x683px
Anyone /luxurytravel/ here?

What's the best hotel you've ever stayed at?
>>
"best" for me would imply good value for money.
>>
>>1267150
I'm the same. I been to a bunch of 3 star hotels and smaller boutique hotels that just did everything right. Some 5 star hotels I've stayed at for conferences are just over-priced and really tacky-looking.
>>
>>1267150
Gotta agree with this, stayed in some expensive places and basically never had a good time. Went to some low key hostels or just simple Super 8 hotels with a good location and had just as good of a time.
>>
My favorite, and one of the best hotels I've stayed at is the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in Bangkok. Everything about it just perfect.
>>
>>1267167
This.
I had a far better stay at a motel in LA than at a boutique hotel in Seattle.
>>
>>1267146
>Back to tripadvisor

I stayed at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, it cost 1/3 of my entire trip for 2 nights.
>>
>>1267146
Funny, I was just in Raffles hotel recently to get the Singapore Sling. I walked around a little inside and wasn't impressed at all. Apparently some rooms go for $500 a night. I guess when you have unfathomable wealth it wouldn't matter but if I were to treat someone to a nice hotel it wouldn't be that one.
>>
>>1267207
I've stayed at the Raffles. The basic room is actually really good compared to other luxury hotels where their basic rooms are essentially indistinguishable from a moderately priced Sheraton or Hilton.

Historic luxury hotels like Raffles are the only ones I can see spending money on because they didn't try to cram thousands of rooms into a tower so there's much more character. Although the Panoramic Suite at the Vdara in Vegas was pretty nice.
>>
>>1267146
The Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Hawaii was great 10/10 location although the gastronomy was pretty meh and after 4 days of eating the same stuff, tasting the same no matter if you order a steak, chicken or tuna all served with the same sides it gets boring
Sheraton Iguazu, Argentina again 10/10 location, awesome rooms and unbelievable view but again on the gastronomy side it was meh.
Pizzomunno Vieste Palace Hotel, Vieste, Italy is absolute top tier and as it's 100% mafia run/95% of the customers are Mafia so even the gastronomy was very good. Typical italien but very well done.
Steigenberger Inselhotel Konstanz, Germany, beautiful location, nice rooms, gastronomy is outstanding especially for people that love local fish dishes as most of their menu is pretty much "the catch of the day of the local fisher from the lake"
Hotel Die Post, Bad Kleinkirchheim, Austria, It's only a 4* but boy that's a 4* that deserves 5*. They don't pretend, they deliver from A to Z.

Overall I often prefer to stay in 3* or 4* hotels as I mostly just use them as a place to sleep and deposit my luggage.

>>1267170
Hey buddy, yea I agree that place is absolutely awesome.
>>
>>1267231
Four Seasons in Lanai has major cockroach problems.
>>
>>1267232
Possible, been there some years ago to play golf and chill at the beach. At that time it was a great place to stay at.
>>
>>1267146
Montage Deer Valley in Utah. They have staff to take off your ski boots and rub your feet after you get off the slopes. Also fantastic restaurants
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.