[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im looking to transfer my current job to a new branch opening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: portland.jpg (440KB, 1700x960px) Image search: [Google]
portland.jpg
440KB, 1700x960px
im looking to transfer my current job to a new branch opening next year in Portland.

Should I do it?
I could be getting upward of a $5/hr raise

I hear about the steroid level of gentrification the city is undergoing causing rent to skyrocket entirely out of control. (ive heard as much as rent going up $200 extra per month upon renewal)

gentrification aside, Is Portland still okay to move to?
>>
If you're not bothered by Antifa people everywhere then Portland is pretty nice.
>>
>>1266879
>I could be getting upward of a $5/hr raise

Enjoy that getting sucked dry

>ive heard as much as rent going up $200 extra per month upon renewal)

living in downtown is shit, and most likely more expensive than where you live. Look up the metro/light rail and fight some place outside of portland to live
>>
File: ghoulies1.jpg (126KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
ghoulies1.jpg
126KB, 630x420px
I don't know where you live now but if it's somewhere cheap that 5 bucks won't mean shit when rent is double what you pay now (or triple).

I was born and raised here so it's my natural instinct to tell you to fuck of we're full, which we are. However you've got to do what's right for yourself. Just be ready for gridlock traffic, crumpling infastrucure, hyper-inflated housing prices, and nausea inducing generic hipster culture. This city ain't what it used to be.
>>
File: m.jpg (528KB, 1457x727px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
528KB, 1457x727px
>>1266900
I live in Tampa right now. will be selling my house to finance the move (employer might offer a moving bonus but its up in the air so i cannot go into it thinking it will be there) but mostly to zero out all my debt (made some bad moves in my 20s)
The $5 yes, would amount to shit, but without the need to pay any debt that will allow me to afford better housing.
I fully understand that downtown portland is hell so i wont be living there.
>see pic related. red areas indicate candidate areas
And that the hipster culture is ass fucking the city. The hipsters are quickly taking over Tampa as well, they just dont go full antifa here since nearly everyone in Tampa carries and has zero tolerance for spoiled brat tantrums.

also, if Portland becomes a bust, it would be pretty easy to transfer to another branch elsewhere after a few years.
>>
>>1266905
>gets paid hourly
>owns a house

Jesus christ, what is wrong with people

Portland is a better city than Tampa but cost of living is easily double. Be ready to be poor, i'd only make the move if you hate Tampa.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.