[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For anybody who has been to Japan, what is it like? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7254.jpg (127KB, 960x635px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7254.jpg
127KB, 960x635px
For anybody who has been to Japan, what is it like? I've never been abroad before but my dream is to go to Japan.
>>
File: 1496969776110.jpg (65KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496969776110.jpg
65KB, 720x540px
It's basically one giant anime convention with better sushi than you can imagine. And cute Asian grills as far as the eye can see. Every one of them ready, willing, and able to fight over the chance to get a taste of your gaijin meat.

That's just if you stay in Tokyo. Right before you leave the city you're assigned a companion fighter shibe, and stereotypical annoying, but hot, female sidekick to keep you company while you explore the rest of Japan. Super helpful if a rogue samurai attacks you.

If you do survive the samurai attack, be sure to claim his sword and helmet. Turn these into the nearest Yazuka recruitment center and you'll instantly get membership. It's okay if you don't know Japanese. They have a great language learning center.

Just go, you'll have a great time. I promise.
>>
Racist, crooked teethed pedos: the country
>>
>>1266613
One of the most racist countries on earth
They have a huge overblown ego
They like drawing little naked girls

So it's 4chan the country
>>
>>1266613
the food is unsanitary, it's an overall unsanitary country. if you go i recommend bringing some food from home, maybe ramen or something, that way you don't have to eat in restaurants there. i probably got food poisoning 2-3 times a month while I was there, worse than mexico.
>>
>>1266613
It's fantastic. Just wander the streets all day.
>>
File: TOm cat.jpg (5KB, 110x110px) Image search: [Google]
TOm cat.jpg
5KB, 110x110px
>>1266625
>If you do survive the samurai attack, be sure to claim his sword and helmet.
Fucking kek
>>
>>1266628
>>1266652
>>1266734
thanks for the horrific misinformation.

also OP, i don't personally mind but you're expected to post all japan-related questions in the Japan general >>1266133
>>
>>1266734
oh shit sorry >>1266789 wasn't meant for you, i meant >>1266644
>>
>>1266790
>>1266790
Like it wasn't misinformation.
Just wandering the streets is the easiest way to get attacked by the Roppongi niggers. The Roppongi are a very dangerous Yakuza family, famed for recruiting extremely persistent foreign mercenaries.
>>
>>1266789
>ask a question
>can't accept the answer

sorry man but the food there is diiiiiirty, it just is. Maybe your experience was different than mine, but I don't think you can just override me like that.
>>
>>1266789
japan isn't the glowing city on the hills everyone thinks it is. Wanna have a taste of japan without going there? go to LA's little tokyo or boston's china town. Wanna know why everything stinks and looks run down? because asians don't give a shit.

The country itself is beautiful but go to the remote areas without knowing about japans customs or a decent amount of japanese? Enjoy everyone hating your guts and looking down on you wanting you to leave.
>>
>>1266801
thanks mom
>>
>>1266809
I've never had any problems, I've never heard of anyone ever having any problems, and Japan has a reputation for high quality safe food. Maybe you just got unlucky, but unless you were eating at sketchy sushi restaurants everyday then getting sick from the food is unhealthy. I'm not even a weeb jerking it to fantasies of grorious Nippon, it's just that saying the food is dangerous is directly contrary to the vast majority of people's experiences.
>>
>>1266824
I meant to say getting sick is unlikely, though I guess it is also unhealthy.
>>
>>1266824
pretty sure 99% of japanese food is bottom of the barrel shit that is masked under stupid amounts of sauces and spices shit to mask it.
>>
>>1266809
I wasn't the one asking the question (i adressed OP in my post?). There may be many points worth criticizing in japan but claiming that japanese food in general is unsanitary is honestly ridiculous. Japanese people are obsessed with hygiene and standards are enforced by the government. The vast majority of restaurants are completely clean and sanitary. Japan is a developed country, you can drink the water from the tap and food poisoning shouldn't be a problem in 99,9% of the cases. If you passed by all the good restaurants, went into the only dirty run-down shack and then got dirty food there then that's your own fault

>>1266813
>go to china town to get a taste of japan
>asians don't give a shit
your problem seems to be that you can't distinguish between different countries that happen to be located in the same continent. hygiene standards and awareness between china and japan are worlds apart

>go to remote areas without knowing the language or customs
this would get you a bad reception anywhere in the world. still, even if you did that in japan people would probably tolerate you as long as you don't cause huge trouble to them. it's not true that japan is somehow exceptionally racist. old people are prejudiced all over the world and the small foreign population means that many japanese can be culturally insensitive when dealing with foreigners because they just don't have a lot of experience with them, but in general they are very welcoming especially towards westerners. if anything, white people get positive discrimination. a lot of people don't speak english very well, so some keep away from foreigners to avoid uncomfortable situations, but that isn't motivated by hate, it's because they feel inadequate for not being able to answer you.
and it's true that there are racists in japan, as there are in all countries, especially anti-korean and anti-chinese racism is quite prevalent but saying that japan is the most racist country on earth is just not true.
>>
>>1266827
I'm sure they aren't serving you high quality cuts of meat or anything, but it still seems pretty fresh and edible.
>>
>>1266827
>stupid amounts of sauces and spices
have you ever had japanese food?
>>
>>1266824
Now I'll have you know I've only ever eaten the supposedly top tier Super Tamade brand food and it always gave me the shits. And this is meant to be the best Japan has to offer!
>>
>>1266824
>Japan has a reputation for high quality safe food
>falling for this meme
did you learn that from one of your animus? guy, this is real life i'm talking about and i went there with the same stereotype, i'm just letting op know it's a good idea to pack some ramen. i don't think i went into a restaurant that didn't look questionable when i was there.
>>1266831
> If you passed by all the good restaurants
there you go blaming the filthy gaijin, just so you know after my first few bouts with a twisted stomach i specifically searched for pristine restaurants and i was always let down, beautiful country? yes. sanitary? no.
>>
>>1266852
Considering that the vast majority of people have had the total opposite experience from you, maybe consider that it's not the country that's unsanitary, you just got unlucky.
>>
>>1266831
>your problem seems to be that you can't distinguish between different countries that happen to be located in the same continent.

hahahahaahahahahah doesn't matter one or the other they are both stupidly similar.
>>
>>1266854
You know ramen is some of the most dirt cheap food to mass produce and you can put anything on it to mask the quality of it right? Japanese food is low quality small portions on everything.

>inb4 muh kobe quality
Nigga just learn how to cook

Japanese food is "great" because it is masked by seasonings, and weebs who go there would never complain that it is shit.
>>
File: 1496604601585.png (1MB, 1089x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1496604601585.png
1MB, 1089x1188px
>>1266852
>there you go blaming the filthy gaijin, just so you know after my first few bouts with a twisted stomach i specifically searched for pristine restaurants and i was always let down, beautiful country? yes. sanitary? no.

Maybe you're just a little bitch? I bet you get the runs if you so much as sprinkle red pepper onto your pizza.
>>
>>1266866
Pretty sure shitting like that is usually do to exceptionally high salt
>>
>>1266854
>>1266866
>Maybe you're just a little bitch?
>maybe consider that it's not the country that's unsanitary

maybe consider you are both maximum apologists for a country that doesn't seem to know how to sanitize a meal before serving it to guests? Sorry, but what I see is what I believe and I don't think it's a coincidence that most of the people that think this didn't happen are weeaboos. I wouldn't be surprised if you had the same experience when you were there but you were too much of a bitch to criticize anything Japanese.
>>
>>1266971
No, I guess your experience is just more reliable than everyone who goes to Japan. It's not the most hygienic place in the world, but compared to Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, China, Mexico, most of South America, most of Eastern Europe, and all of Africa, Japan has good food safety. Call it a xenophobic shithole, say the culture quashes individuality and drives up the suicide rate, say they're an ageing population of hypocritical sexual deviants, but the food is just not unhygienic relative to the surrounding region and most of the world. Sorry if you can't tolerate anything less than the pristine environment of a nice European/American restaurant, but honestly even those generally just hide the corner-cutting better than Japan. I don't even know why I keep arguing, you just keep saying over and over that you got sick a few times and therefore the whole place is disgusting, without bothering to acknowledge that pretty much no one thinks this.
>>
>has no idea how Japan is like
>his dream is to go to Japan
Stupid vapid hack detected. Get the fuck out and get a culture.
>>
>>1266613
Fucking amazing. Throw out your amerifaggot ideas of Japan and your weeb shit and it is amazing. I go twice a year for 2 months each time.
>>
>>1266652
You've mistaken Japan with America and China SEA friend.
>>
>>1266789
>>1266790
Dude what a fucking mess with those links
>>
People fixated with Japan are so fucking retarded and simple-minded. They think everything Japanese is unique and peculiar, while the truth is they don't know anything about the rest of the world. Fucking shits.
>>
ITT: Weebs and angry people triggered by weebs
>>
File: yk.jpg (329KB, 1217x907px) Image search: [Google]
yk.jpg
329KB, 1217x907px
>>1266613
It's pretty cool. Two weeks was kinda short though. Going again in September.
>>
>>1267001
Loser
>>
>>1267005
Why is that ?
>>
>>1267012
Literally everyone on this board say they've been to Japan once but they're about to "go back". Why the fuck don't you plan a six months journey so you're done for ever?
>>
>>1267012
You're not riding the ferry wheel.
>>
>>1267018
Money perhaps ?
So you suggest that every country I visit, I should stay 6 months ? Going back to places isn't a bad thing is it ?
>>1267020
True. I didn't. Too crowded.
>>
>>1266971
Just let them go, they're fucking weaboos unable to talk about their favorite country with objectivity and a 360-degree view
>>
>>1266981
>you just keep saying over and over that you got sick a few times and therefore the whole place is disgusting, without bothering to acknowledge that pretty much no one thinks this.
sorry but you don't speak for everyone, and i say it over and over again because IT HAPPENED. It wasn't just me either, everyone i hung out with in the hostel was getting sick. The dirty little secret about Japan is that they don't serve sanitary food, most people that have spent time there know this. I'm actually beginning to wonder if you have actually been there or if you just learned everything you know about it from Tony Bourdain and his little mctravel show.
>>1266987
been to thailand and i ate street food all day, got the shits a few time but that's to be expected. I don't have the same complaint about Thailand because people acknowledge reality there. Meanwhile everybody thinks Japan is some ocd clean mans heaven, it's nothing of the sort.
>>
>>1266613
I was only there for 2 days but I loved it, ad almost wished it had been two weeks and the focus of my trip.

Problem is I'm poor and I don't think Japan is a place that I can enjoy on my budget, but you're probably more well-off so go there and have a great time, Japan is a nice country.
>>
>>1267186
Newcomer to the conversation here, but I've lived in Japan for seven years now and have never gotten sick from food.

>everyone i hung out with in the hostel was getting sick

And you never thought that the hostel might be the problem?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.