[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling the Swedes I decided to cycle from south Sweden (pr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: wojak_adventure.jpg (664KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wojak_adventure.jpg
664KB, 1920x1200px
Calling the Swedes

I decided to cycle from south Sweden (probably Ystad or Karlskrona) to Nordkapp. And I know Nordkapp is in Norway, but I will choose to ride mostly through Sweden. I wanted to avoid big cities, and keep on mostly flat terrain, that's why I'll keep near Bothnia bay once I'll pass Stockholm on the left side. I'll get a map first thing I get to Ystad, but I'll have general route preplanned.

Any tips while I'll be doing research on my own? How about:
>bears?
>ticks, tick with lyme?
>roads, bike routes (which Eurovelo are finished?)
>what would you say about http://www.opencyclemap.org/? is it accurate
>wild camping, forbidden or not?
>general tips & tricks
>cheap shops where I can get some musli and yogurt
>are immigrants a problem outside the cities (>implying at all)?
>>
>Bears are no problem at all.
>A lot of Ticks, get vaccinated.
>There are a lot of roads you can take, just google.
>Everyone is free to camp "wherever they want" in Sweden for 1 night, general rule is that you should be far enough away that you cant see anyone's house, and you have to clean up after yourself and be careful with the nature.
>Food is generally cheep.
>Immigrants are only a problem in the cities. They do not go camping.
>>
Read more about "Allemansrätten" (Right to Roam) here:
https://www.sverigeturism.se/en/swedish-allemansratten-explained/
>>
>>1266586
>bears?
the swedish bear was so heavily hunted during the 17th century that they almost went extinct. Even today wild animals in sweden instinctively avoid humans
>ticks, tick with lyme?
if you plan on moving through vegetation higher than 50 cm, I suggest you get yourself vaccinated
>roads, bike routes (which Eurovelo are finished?)
idk what that is but there's plenty of room on the sides of the highways
>what would you say about http://www.opencyclemap.org/? is it accurate
I'd say you can bike along any swedish road
>wild camping, forbidden or not?
you can make camp anywhere you want
>general tips & tricks
>cheap shops where I can get some musli and yogurt
musli and "fil", processed sour milk, is a very popular combination. Fil is very cheap to, only about 10 SEK per litre
>are immigrants a problem outside the cities (>implying at all)?
none whatsoever
>>
File: DSCF7115.jpg (3MB, 3260x1829px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7115.jpg
3MB, 3260x1829px
>>1266586
Cool! My friend is currently doing kind of the same (but in the opposite direction), and I'm the guy currently biking through Europe.

You've gotten good replies about most questions already I think but I'll add some tips:
Opencyclemap looks good (I did some quick checks for places where I've already been), maps.me has worked great as well even though it's route planner could have a stronger bias towards small (but longer) roads I think.

You'll find Yoghurt and müsli in every store/gas station in the country. I'd recommend porridge with lingonberry jam for breakfast though. It's so lightweight and cheap (and it's worth to get some warm food in the chilly mornings)

Good luck and keep us updated
>>
File: 1-209x300.jpg (17KB, 209x300px) Image search: [Google]
1-209x300.jpg
17KB, 209x300px
>>1266586
Tick-map

ICA and Coop of different varieties are your best bet for groceries nation wide, but also hemköp and city gross if you find them, Gas stations are really expensive for groceries
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.