[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to just fly to europe and wander around like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Nebelostfriesland.jpg (738KB, 2031x1501px) Image search: [Google]
Nebelostfriesland.jpg
738KB, 2031x1501px
Is it possible to just fly to europe and wander around like a bum? The countries would be england, netherlands, germany, denmark, sweden, and norway
>>
>>1266446
yeah, sure.
regular law still applies, but your apperance isn't enough to trigger it anyhow. Sleeping on the streets may be a different thing, but they'll just shoo you away, like they always do
also, hitchhiking is well developed
>>
>>1266446
Idk about the other countries but hitchhiking in Germany is illegal and I hardly see hitchhikers here, that being said it is not impossible and I remember my brother and me once giving a hitchhiker a ride. But it isnĀ“t exactly common
>>
>>1266569
>hitchhiking in Germany is illegal
absolute bullshit, unless something changed during the last year
>>
>>1266574
Nevermind I actually got that wrong, my apologies!
It is only illegal in certain areas (e.g. Autobahn or Roadsides of cross country roads) to encourage cars to stop where it is not safe or to endanger traffic generally. Best is to ask for a ride at gas stations or sth like that. Sorry about my misinformation, I was so sure about that fact for some reason.
>>
>>1266576
yeah, that's what I thought.
It's never allowed to ever walk on highways, so it's also obviously illegal to hitchhike there. But doing so on smaller roads/gas stations is fine. The only european counntries that delegalised hitchiking are Spain and Holland, and you still can do it there, no big deal really.

Also, a lot of my friends hitchhike in Germany fairly often (but mostly to just cross it to get somewhere else). You can't see them, because they are not standing by the roads.
>>
>>1266446
You realise you just chose the most expensive parts of the continent, right (except for switzerland)
>>
I wouldn't attempt hitchhiking anyway but thanks for the information

>>1266587
Yes, they're the only places i would want to see
>>
>>1266662
>I wouldn't attempt hitchhiking anyway
so what, you're gonna walk everywhere? I'm guessing, you're not an authentic bum.
>>
>>1266793
Nope, just someone with no money
>>
>>1267320
If you have no money, why would you want to do a trip like this? It's not going to be fun. Did you seriously plan to dumpster dive or something for food? How long did you intend to do this for?
>>
>>1267343

When I travel in my country with no money (Brazil) I ask food at the restaurants. Somedays I would ask in many restaurants until I was so full that even thinking about food would become a sin. And when I was sleeping church people would give me food. I also ate in governament social work houses.

I am now starving because not traveling. Miss the barbecues soo much, need to hit the road soon.
>>
>>1266587
Isn't that normally where bums go?
>>
>>1267343
Bullshit. Bumming around Europe with no money is the most fun I've ever had. Stealth camping in olive groves, having dinner with locals, hiking in the Alps for weeks at a time.
>>
>>1267343
>It's not going to be fun.
it's the most fun way of traveling, anon. You never tried it, that's all

>>1267348
that's a spirit, OP. I approve. Why not hitchhiking tho? It's really cool here
>>
>>1267385
How did you fees yourself in the Alps?
>>
>>1267343
No dumpster diving sounds pretty bad to me, i'd just buy some of the cheapest stuff available like potatoes or beans and then eat a ton of foraged wild herbs since i'm pretty skilled at identifying them. Also as long as it would take to go from york to amsterdam to oslo seeing all or most of the historical things I would care to see and passing through the big cities just to see them, cycling would be ideally my way of moving

>>1267386
Also just to clarify i'm actually the op not that guy and i'm american
>>
>>1267539
You'd better start soon, then. You know that the summer is not that long when you go farther north?
>>
>>1267551
I'm from michigan so i'm used to severe winters firstly but secondly it's a thing for the future, when i've got a comprehensive list of all the things to aim to see and when i would have enough money for the minimal things I would need
>>
>>1267568
Are you also used to biking long distance in severe winter?
>>
>>1267619
I'm not going in the winter, obviously. Thanks for whatever input you've provided to the thread though, bye
>>
>>1267348
>in my country... (Brazil)

You should honestly think about hitting up Poland while you are there. The culture makes it
very easy to hitchhike, you won't wait more than 15 minutes, and because it's so homogeneous, Poles are very interested and welcoming to foreigners who aren't the typical boring 'white' pole. I went there a few months back as an "exotic Chilean" lol and the local girls loved me.
>>
File: mujahideen.jpg (196KB, 634x828px) Image search: [Google]
mujahideen.jpg
196KB, 634x828px
>>1267735
Is this you?
>>
>>1267735
pole here
the 15 minutes figure is an underestimation. It may as well take an hour or so. More if you're unlucky, but that's always the deal, aye?
otherwise I kind of agree
>>
>>1267809
He's trolling and you are definitely not polish. Poles are some of the most nationalistic/xenophobic people in Europe and hate shitskins with a passion. He is referencing that Chilean dude who got mistaken for a Muslim and nearly beat to death in the streets lol
>>
>>1266446
So I read the thread and you want to do everything on foot with no money ? Yes that's possible but will take years.
If you did this kind of stuff in brazil it'll be easy and safe here compared to what you did.

I've been to pretty much all europe (with a decent budget of 10-20 euros/day) and would recommend Montenegro or Albania instead though. Living like a bum in a big, rich and polluted european city will make you depressed.
>>
>>1266446
>england, netherlands, germany, denmark, sweden, and norway

You could prolly knock on people's door and ask if they have a spare bed, that is, if you are an interesting person that doesn't radiate a repulsive aura.
>>
>>1266446
Would like to know this too.
Currently living in the Netherlands.
I personally wouldn't go there if I were you, there is not much nature.
I don't know your budget, but you'll probably be sleeping outdoors.
>>
>>1267956
> Living like a bum in a big, rich and polluted european city will make you depressed.
This so much.
Avoid cities like the plague.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHNuXz2sN-w
>>
>>1266446
OP, why don't you travel to Austria?
It's a really really really lovely country.
>>
>>1266576
Who would try to hitchhike on the Autobshn? This is Germany. Theres stretches without any speed limit and there are cars running 250 km/h.
>>
>>1267901
yes, I am polish. I don't give a fuck if you believe it though.
>He is referencing that Chilean dude who got mistaken for a Muslim and nearly beat to death in the streets
oh shit, that's sad. I don't read any news, so I don't know shit about the recent happenings

however what you say about nationalism and xenophoby is true only for some, relatively small groups of poles. Hooligans, our version of gopniks, some right-wing golden youth.
So yes, those are to be avoided if you look foreignish, but they are also to be avoided if you are not one of them as well. And it's pretty easy, really. They gather in bigger groups only for some sport events, riots and in the bad districts. You are almost completely safe in the city center, where the cool things are, and in the nature as well.
Now don't tell me those social groups aren't a problem in your country as well.

Some old people are xenophobic, but they are also harmless.

And it's really easy to hitchhike, check the hitchhwiki or any other place if you don't believe me.
>>
>>1267982
>You could prolly knock on people's door and ask if they have a spare bed
come on, it's creepy anywhere in europe.
you could do this if you were a whitey in china perhaps. Or you could do it in mongolia. Possibly also georgia and some parts of russia. Some muslim countries as well (inb4 /pol/ trolls)
but europe? good luck. My bet is somebody would call the cops
>>
>>1267985
>not much nature.
then what the fuck *is* there?
bare, flat ground?
>>
>>1268027
Actually... yes.
>>
>>1268027
Purgatory
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.