[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Outer Banks tomorrow with the senpai. Is there anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: home_the_best_selection.jpg (300KB, 638x389px) Image search: [Google]
home_the_best_selection.jpg
300KB, 638x389px
Going to Outer Banks tomorrow with the senpai.

Is there anything cool or unusual there I should know about?
>>
>>1265663
Go to the Kitty Hawk Kites store. Kites and beach toys, hang gliding lessons and excursions, water sort equipment.

If you get over to the mainland, visit Sanitary Restaurant in Morehead City. Good Carolina style fried seafood, plus you can amuse yourself by contemplating that implication that the Unsanitary Restaurant must be around there somewhere.

The Lost Colony outdoor drama is goofy and dated as fuck, but the Outdoor Historical Pageant/Drama in the summer was a big cultural thing across parts of the Carolinas, and is dying out. If you want to experience it, go do that I guess.
>>
Disregaurd first poster; he's only right about the lost colony sucking. Skip kitty hawk kites and go right across across the street to jockeys ridge. I'd also check out Nags head woods. I think the huge water park across the bridge is open now, but I'm not sure. Uh, you could also go back to collington harbor and go to the little private cut they have back there (give them a random name at the gaurd gate).. Anything else you'd like to know? Born and raised here
>>
>>1265676
have they added vendors to the crowd on JR? Last time I was there (some years) if you wanted to do more than watch, you'd need to trek back off the ridge and across the road to KHK to sign up for anything.

And of course, if you want to do kite surfing or tandem hang gliding or anything, that's all over at the store.

Also, are you seriously advising against eating at the Sanitary, if you happen to be on that side of the causeway?
>>
iirc, there's a WWII battleship moored in Wilmington, the former state capital.
>>
man

holy shit

bringing back memories

How many anons from anywhere in Virginia? used to go to that motherfucker with my own famalam all the time when I was a kid. then found out Dad was cheating on Mom the very fucking day I left for Iraq the first time

then my siblings all wound up being gigantic turdlets

then Dad died

now it's been half my life since I was in the Outer Banks, and I remember a bro of mine still goes there constantly, but I personally would rather take a "short" drive to Virginia (pronounced vuh) Beach, or a "long" drive to Savannah

/blog
>>
>>1265663
Visit Duck and eat at the Roadside, probably the best restaurant in OBX. Duck is probably the best town there in general.

Jockey's Ridge, if you head north you'll get wild horses, all the way south to Hatteras if you want desolate.
>>
>>1265663
Jockey's Ridge is my favorite part of the outer banks
The Weeping Radish is my second favorite, it's a brewery that does german food about 30 minutes north of Kitty Hawk.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.