[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to travel in Europe this summer but I'm scared of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 974europe_travel.png (250KB, 583x237px)
974europe_travel.png
250KB, 583x237px
I want to travel in Europe this summer but I'm scared of terror attacks

How do I gather up the courage to go travelling in this current climate?
>>
>>1265234
not being a pussy
/thread
>>
>>1265305
How do you stop being a pussy?
>>
>>1265305
>>1265307
learn to sage, children
>>
>>1265234
>I'm scared of terror attacks
you're more likely to die being struck by lightning.

this is like people being afraid of flying -- you're much more likely to die in a car accident.
>>
>>1265234
Are you retarded? Seriously.
>>
You're more likely to die in a car accident on the way to the airport.
Like it's been said; the chances of it happening are incredibly slim.

If you're still too scared then I suggest you avoid London, Paris and Berlin for the time being.

Ultimately you have to come to realize that you shouldn't let fear control your life. Bad things may happen, but it shouldn't prevent you from living your life.
>>
I'm leaving to Europe tomorrow and my family is freaking out about the terror attacks.
>>
>>1265325
>19 attacks in france alone since 2014

Have >19 people been struck by lightning in france since then? also hundreds dead not just like 5
>>
>going to France
>mom: "be careful!"
>about what?
>"just... be careful"
>yeah, but how?
>"just..:"

If you're gonna be killed by a fucking suicide bomber, you're just fucked, you can't avoid it. Just go.
>>
>>1265432
Well you could always avoid crowded places
Or like hang behind stuff that could obstruct debris from a suicide bomber's attack
Or just vigilant and be aware of your surroundings especially when things feel off

You may look like an autist though
>>
Remember that wherever you are from is far more dangerous than anywhere in Europe.
>>
I have lost count of how many times this thread has been posted.

I always wonder if /pol/ users are genuinely this retarded or if this is some targeted operation to shit up other boards.
>>
>>1265417
America is retarded, no novelty.
>>
>>1265467
They are pure autism exactly because they raid other boards to make propaganda
>>
>>1265234
Just stay where you are retard. Make sure to wear your helmet too.
>>
The US is a thousand times more dangerous than Europe lol.

And yes I've lived in both places
>>
File: 113204_corsica_villadimare_01.jpg (40KB, 600x352px) Image search: [Google]
113204_corsica_villadimare_01.jpg
40KB, 600x352px
Not OP but i'm in the same boat. Brother just graduated from high school so mom is organizing a trip to Corsica. A few questions:
1) Is Corsica filled with sandniggers/niggers or "souther Italians"?
2) If so, what other country should I convince my mom to rearrange plans for?
3) If 1) is false, what landmarks/parts of the island would you recommend we visit?
>>
>>1265486
Shit like this really shows how fucking brainwashed by the media they are.
"BREAKING NEWS EUROPE RAIDED BY TERRORISTS IT'S OPEN WAR"
"ENEMY WITHIN NO ONE'S SAFE ANYMORE"

H O L Y K E K
(it's not an ironic kek, it's actually a giant, breathless laugh at the top of the lungs)
>>
>>1265491
Cosica is filled with Corsicans. Now fuck off and kys underage faggot.
>>
>>1265528
So "souther Italians". Doesn't matter anyway, our trip got cancelled. get cucked fag
>>
>>1265412
>You're more likely to die in a car accident on the way to the airport.
These kinds of comparisons make no point. Shark attack vs flying, that kind of thing is bull and serves no purpose but to _attempt_ to make OP feel illogical and sheltered from actual reality, but it doesn't.
>Like it's been said; the chances of it happening are incredibly slim.
No. No, it's not. You can't predict the future, and therefore can't predict odds about the future....whatsoever. If you work at MI-5, and were privy to some chatter or actually tracked odds, you could make a real point. But, you can't.
>If you're still too scared then I suggest you avoid London, Paris and Berlin for the time being.
I would avoid Cologne and Hamburg over Berlin, which shouldn't even be a tourist mecca anyway, pun intended.
>Ultimately you have to come to realize that you shouldn't let fear control your life. Bad things may happen, but it shouldn't prevent you from living your life.
Avoid about half the countries with the larger immigration problems. Avoid large crowds. Avoid big festivals/holidays/feast days crowds, aka targets. Avoid being a cheap tourist, cutting corners for private vs public transport, lower priced hotels in areas that aren't business districts. If you don't know what those places are, post your dream itinerary and ask specific advice. There's some reasons to stay home and avoid some travel plans, but there's certainly no reason someone intelligent and wise should be calling you scared or stupid. Adjust your plans to lower the risks.
>>
>>1265533
you are seriously retarded.
>>
>>1265533
>You can't predict the future, and therefore can't predict odds about the future
this is the most retarded thing I've read here the whole month
>>
>>1265234
it's literally nothing, especially compared to gun related deaths in the US
>>
>>1265234
Well if your incorrect, subjective perception deters you from doing something, you should better stay at home 24/7 and never leave the house, that is the safest you can be. You will feel much better.

Thanks for doing what the terrorists want and help create an atmosphere of unwarranted fear and paranoia!
>>
>>1265563
At least in the US, if you stay out of the shitty parts of cities, you can avoid almost all gun violence.
In London, you can get stabbed outside Parlament
>>
>>1265572
Don't try to logic to people who have immature frontal lobes for calculating real risk. This is some kind of competition of namecalling going on. Logic isn't part of the conversation for them.

OP, play whatever mindgame you want with yourself but don't stay home. Consider not going to Europe but making your fun in another way elsewhere in the world. Go to "safe" Europe, alternately, visit Iceland, and phew, no crime whatsoever. Get on a cruise ship and just stop into cities for your flights in and out and spend the rest of your time on a beautiful river, seeing curated highlights of smaller waterfront towns. Or park yourself in somewhere lovely for a week, in a place that isn't too high traffic or targeted. This really isn't about terrorism odds, but also crime for those who aren't in the know, and barring some very religious places in the world with oppressive governments, you get crime when things have expanded/immigration grew too quickly, or there is extreme poverty. You could even saw, it's now or never in some of those cities. Get in now, before another 12mo of abject poverty and growth drains their infrastructure further and creates more of a welfare and crime problem such that impressionable kids find themselves in loser status.
>>
>>1265577
I can't honestly tell if my frontal lobe is too immature or yours. Anyway that shit don't make much sense.
>>
File: southpark2.jpg (70KB, 754x429px) Image search: [Google]
southpark2.jpg
70KB, 754x429px
>>1265577
double dubs is close

alternatively, OP can vanquish his irrational fear of getting allahu'd by confronting the one in a million chance of that occurring by just doing the same things he would if that were not on his mind
>>
>>1265581
you have the still growing brain of a male under age 25 if you disagree with the post you quoted, and are timid like OP or this poster (and his other /pol/ posts) >>1265533
>>
>>1265572
>At least in the US, if you stay out of the shitty parts of cities, you can avoid almost all gun violence.
>i-its only the niggers and spics killing each other!
fucking lol

> In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 U.S. citizens),[2][3] and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms"
So about 100k people got shot in the US in 2013. Even if 90% (being very generous here) of those were in "bad" areas that's still 10k. Now compare this number to the amount of casualties by terrorist attacks in Europe
>>
>>1265586
No I just wasn't sure what point you were trying to make because of your long winded, messed up and autistic writing style
>>
>>1265593
your Trump like ADHD confirms that your brain is, in fact, still growing. I'm not even the guy who made the long post, I'm only >>1265586
>>
>>1265604
>>1265593

Gentlemen, please!

This is /trv/, behave with proper manners. please.
>>
>>1265590
>> In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 U.S. citizens),[2][3] and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms"
>So about 100k people got shot in the US in 2013. Even if 90% (being very generous here) of those were in "bad" areas that's still 10k. Now compare this number to the amount of casualties by terrorist attacks in Europe
You're implying that injuries are equivalent to casualties.
You're implying 100k is a percentage of some other population...when everyone knows the population of many US states exceeds all of Europe's population combined.

I can't wait for someone to think you can draw conclusions well, when you can't even do maths.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/693954/Terror-in-Europe-map-deaths-injuries-attacks-2016
>>
>>1265618
>You're implying that injuries are equivalent to casualties.
might not have been completely accurate, I thought it was a shorter way to say "dead or wounded"

>You're implying 100k is a percentage of some other population...when everyone knows the population of many US states exceeds all of Europe's population combined.
??? Are you fucking retarded? the US has roughly 325m inhabitants while Europe has about 700m (510m for the EU). Even if you'd only count the countries with a significant amount of immigrants, so excluding eastern Europe, you're still well above 320m people. directly comparing the numbers actually is in favour of the US

>http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/693954/Terror-in-Europe-map-deaths-injuries-attacks-2016
Since you're such a mathematical genius feel free to add up all those numbers. Now compare them with the amount of dead or wounded by gun fire each year in the US
>>
>>1265234
Europe is the safest pace on earth. No need to be afraid at all. Just avoid London, Paris and Brussels. But if you really want to be sure visit eastern Europe. There has never been a terror attack.
>>
>>1265234
Don't go to shitty Europe ( France, London, Germany, Sweden etc ) and you'll be fine. Eastern Europe is untouched, especially Poland, Hungary and Czechia. Kraków and Budapest are both top tier cities for tourism, and are pretty Muslim free
>>
>>1265429
>Have >19 people been struck by lightning in france since then?
An estimated 24,000 people each year are killed by lightning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike
>>
>>1265307
removing cum from your diet is a sure shot but that's never gonna happen, now is it OP?
>>1265309
cool wise ass comment BRO but it looks like the thread snowballed after you thought it should fuck off, huh? eat shit! my comment ruled faggot
>>
>>1265778
Yeah and how many in france?....
>>
>>1265234
Europe is safe.
People feeling unsafe are people who get brainwashed to much by the media and never set a foot outside their confort zone.
Just do it and you will be fine
>>
>>1265833
24000(population of France / world population) = more than nineteen
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.