[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does having passport stamps from unrecognized breakaway countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Does having passport stamps from unrecognized breakaway countries bring up questions when you return to your country?
I'm planning on spending some time in europe this summer and one place im interested in is Transnistria. However i am afraid that getting a passport stamp from there will cause troubles when going back into the EU or USA. Any advice?
>>
>>1265197
The people there cross the border all the time in both directions.
Shouldnt really be a problem. And according to Moldova its Moldovian territory anyways.

I also heard you dont get a stamp but some registration papers.
>>
>>1265237
Moldova also doesnt really have any border checkpoints there, a Ukrainian girl told me once. You can enter Transnistria from Ukraine and just cross the border to Moldova. Nobody cares.
>>
>>1265237
>>1265197
true. I was there in 2011, so might be different now, but you get an immigration form, which you MUST keep on you at all times, and deliver when leaving the country. If you lose it, you might be into some shitty times as there is no reprenstation from your country that can help you out there. Also, if staying for more than 3 days or a week or something you must go to some soviet office and register there.
>>
I have been to somali land, that is also a not recognized country. It caused alot of headache when i returned to the border, because the ethiopians wanted to see a somalian stamp. It migh have been a trick to make me pay more money though

Transnitria should not be a problem, but be carefull in other break awaystates, such as the ones in ukraine and georgia, and even kosovo. People are pretty nationalistic in those parts
>>
When I went to Transnistria I didn't get a stamp, only a piece of paper. However, be careful not to enter through Ukraine and leave to Moldova. That will cause problems. Leave whichever way you came.
>>
>>1265197
I've never had my passport stamps or expired visas examined at passport check-ins. I don't know where you live though and what kind of passport you hold.
>>
>>1265454

I managed to do this although only after trying to convince the border control that I'm just a tourist
>>
>>1265197
I can answer it very clearly for you: When you arrive you get a piece of paper (10cmx5cm) which is valid for your 10 hours. If you stay longer you need a registration (for example hotels, hotels, etc) will do it for you.

Nobody in Transnistria will stamp your passport: Only Moldova and Ukraine will stamp your passport.
>>
File: transvisa.jpg (53KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
transvisa.jpg
53KB, 700x525px
>>1266338
here is the piece of paper i was talking about
>>
can confirm the above, went there a few weeks ago. you only get the paper form
>>
>>1265197

having stamps from even recognized countries brings up questions..Pakistan for example.
>>
>>1265197
I plan on travel to Transnistria at some point, tours and booze are cheap - probably least expensive in Europe.

I've noticed most breakaway states realize that travel is a big part of their economy and try to find ways around the stamps

>Transnistria is just paperwork and no stamp
>South Ossettia has no stamp or visa, but they're fucked because you get a Russian exit stamp
>Abkhazia and Karabakh do the same thing with a separate visa, detached from your passport as a card
>North Korea has a visa in the form of papers

You may run into problems if you go to enemy states. Like Kosovo before Serbia, or Armenia before Azerbaijan. Check the visa policy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_United_States_citizens
>>
Also reassuring that you will not get stamped.

Get yourself some Kvint vodka while there. The cognac sucks. Speaking about the Russian troops present within Transnistria in a negative way is a punishable offense now, so best to keep that to yourself.
>>
>>1265241

False. There's a checkpoint going into Transnistria.

They don't stamp your passport. They give you some other papers that you have to keep with you.
>>
>>1266877
She told me there are some check points, but most of the roads are just left alone. Sometimes you get a check, sometimes you dont and you can carry on as usual.
Thats the info I got.
>>
>>1266885
>>1266877
>>1265241

Hello again, the guy from >>1266338
is here

There are 25 checkpoints in total along the border to Moldova and Ukraine. They are guarded by russian peace corps and as mentioned in >>1266340 they will give you a piece of paper upon entry.

The exception is one checkpoint in Dubassary (where the water power plant is) where you can exit to Cocieri (Moldova) and enter Dubassary (PMR) without being checked.

And before someone posts "well than I just cross the border there", please be aware that you need a valid migration proof on both sides (migration card of transnistria or visa stamp moldova depending on which side you are exit to)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.