[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying abroad in Florence for a month, arrived here yesterday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0917.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0917.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Studying abroad in Florence for a month, arrived here yesterday afternoon. I'm excited to see everything that the city has to offer but the living conditions provided are terrible, the worst offense is lack of air conditioning in the Italian summer, I can't sleep in the heat either, doesn't help that we were told that the beds were twin sized and they actually ended up being smaller. I don't speak any Italian either and know nobody here except a professor from back home. I know that the trip is more about seeing what you came to see but the conditions I'm in make it seem like I'm gonna have a rough time.

Pic is our back porch
>>
What school are you attending? I'm going to the lorenzo de medici school in a few months in florence. Sounds like you're miserable. Can't you make friends in class?
>>
Get a Vape (vap-ay) for the mosquitos and a plug in fan, a few electronic stores near city center who mainly cater to students and tourists will rebuy the fan for some % of what you paid when you leave.

Do you want restaurant recs too? Just finished a semester there
>>
>>1264498
I'm at SRISA. I'm sure I can make friends with the (4) people in my class when they actually start tomorrow but I just living here going to prove to be a challenge for multiple reasons

>>1264511
I'd love some, preferably a few where they understand English well enough
>>
File: 20160901_101222.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160901_101222.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>1264519
My favorite panino place in the city is called Sandwichic (ignore the awful name) near San Lorenzo, also they have a student discount. There's also AL Antico Vinnaio, but it's always packed and very touristy.

Another good one is Alla Vecchia Bettola kinda near Santo Spirito - really good traditional neighborhood place, not expensive either.

Esselunga has essential groceries, stationary, etc for cheap, but if you cook try some of the produce from Mercado Central or one of the markets/specialty vendors.

The hike up to Fiesole is very nice and not too many visitors do it, Boboli Gardens are terrific, Archaeological Museum is cool and calm and has a neat new exhibit on the Etruscans.
>>
>>1264544
>tfw most groups got free passes to the Museum so they could skip the line
>tfw my group didn't

Thanks for the recommendations though, I'll be sure to hit some of those up
>>
OP here, having a much better time now that I've made some friends.

Fucking blows that you have to pay for water at restaurants with how hot it is here. I need to know a good place that sells headphones though. I'm living near the Mercado Centrale if that gives enough clues as to where someplace might be

Also this is my first time leaving the country/travelling alone, what's airport security like in Fiumicino? Hopefully the same if not similar to the US? I'd like to know what its like when I head back
>>
File: 6089290_R_SET.jpg (69KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
6089290_R_SET.jpg
69KB, 620x620px
>>1264544
>>1265514
*mercaTo centrale, mer-ca-TO
It's not fucking Spanish

>>1265514
Glad you've made some friends. As regards the high temperature, just go to a second-hand store or some Chinese shop and buy a small fan. It shouldn't cost too much, especially if it's old.

>>1264511
>>1264519
A good restaurant I know in Florence is Paoli. Ristorante Paoli, near the house of Dante. It has cool frescoes inside and it's not too expensive. Check out the website anyway, if you decide to go.
>>
>>1265516
Any decent enough electronics shops in Florence where I can buy a decent set of earphones?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.