[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I desperately need to get to Shenzhen from Nice by car, is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: desprite.png (832KB, 956x556px) Image search: [Google]
desprite.png
832KB, 956x556px
I desperately need to get to Shenzhen from Nice by car, is this even possible for someone with a US passport?
>>
Can I ask why?
>>
Do you have enough time an money to apply for all the visa documents and legal documents for the car?
>>
>>1264027
time, yes
money, depends on the amount.
>>
>>1264023
>by car
Why on earth? Are you buying some fancy classic car or something?
>>
>>1264025
I've always wanted to go to Shenzhen, mainly for the electronics.
>>
>>1264032
why not by car, i love road trips and i think it would be a great experience.
>>
>>1264034
Just a weird, looong route to travel by car -- gas isn't cheap.
>>
>>1264036
>looong route to travel by car
it's only 13,000 km
>>
>>1264034
you said desperately need
>>
>>1264057
Yeah, this. "desperately need" and "sounds cool and I want to try it" are miles apart... you know what else are miles apart? Shenzhen and fucking Nice.
>>
This isn't like in the US, where you can just travel across the continent with little hassle. The roads are probably poorly maintained, you have to cross multiple borders, communicating with people is a hassle, there's no truck stops/diners every 20 mile that you can just stop to grab a bite to eat, etc.

No offense OP, but you seem naive af. I would not recommend it, just fly on a plane ffs.
>>
>>1264033
Why no fly if you're so desperate?
>>
>>1264023
>is this even possible for someone with a US passport?
Probably. Belarus is the only country I know of that is sometimes obnoxious to Americans when issuing visas. It will be expensive and bureaucratic, but I don't see any countries on your route that flat-out don't let Americans in.

You may not be able to get into Russia from France without first going back to the U.S., I don't think--I believe Russia is one of a small handful of nations that don't issue visas in third countries. You should check with consulates for all countries on your route just to be sure.

But the documents for the car will probably be a greater pain in the ass.

Properly researched, this could be an interesting slog through some tens of thousands of miles of Russian hinterlands and Central Asian steppes.

If you ever do this, you must report back here with photos.
>>
>>1264091
Oh, but forgot to mention that Shenzhen is mostly a hideous dump. You can buy any electronics you can get there in much-more-pleasant Hong Kong at a very modest markup, and probably also in much-more-pleasant, maybe-a-little-less-friendly-than-Hong Kong Guangzhou.
>>
let me guess OP's story:
>met a "girl" from Shenzhen online
>she stopped replying to messages after two weeks
>gotta go there stalk her
>afraid of flying

Anyway, you only need Russian, Kazakh and Chinese visas to do it. You need to apply for them in your home country though, or from a country where you have a long-stay visa or residence permit.
Belarus you can cross in under 5 days visa-free period.
>>
>>1264092
Nah, Hong Kong is not that much nicer anymore. Also Hong Kong people go shopping in Shenzhen in masses, too, not just the other way around. Guangzhou has some fun architecture, too.

>>1264093
He'll need a Chinese and an internation drivers license, too.
>>
>>1264103
>Nah, Hong Kong is not that much nicer anymore.
Honestly, it's probably not as nice as Shenzhen by many metrics--it's a lot older, and scruffier from many angles. But I still find it more pleasant to hang out in. It's denser and less sprawling, among other things, and I've never loved the grandiose style of modern Shenzhen architecture, all of which feels like it was thrown up three or four years ago. I will admit, however, that my trips to Shenzhen have almost all been to the outskirts of its newest bleeding-edge-modern industrial estates, to hang out with migrant workers, so my fundamental impression of the place will always be of a muddy construction site full of neon, eighty recently-constructed mid-budget malls, and two million poor people from the sticks.
>Also Hong Kong people go shopping in Shenzhen in masses, too, not just the other way around.
Of course they do! It's cheaper and there's a somewhat greater range of offerings.
>Guangzhou has some fun architecture, too.
In spite of its many flaws, I really like Guangzhou. I'm not sure why it has made such a better impression on me over the years than has Shenzhen--probably at least somewhat because it's older.
>>
>>1264023
>by car

lol no, for that you will need a good truck or jeep, and be versed in automotive mechanics. I'd be surprised if half your "roads" contain any asphalt, have any kind of cell reception, or any where to lodge/eat. You'll also need a fuck load of spare gas.

Your trip is going to be stupid hard, you should be more worried on keeping your car, health, safety, and money in one piece than doing that trip
>>
Driving the route in the OP would probably be about 2% interesting/fun and 98% boring/difficult
>>
Well, I'd love to drive it, it seems super fun and I love road trips. I think it's a cool idea. But you'd need Chinese driving license, and that should be your biggest concern, because you're not really likely to get it.
>>
Driving through western China would probably be pretty interesting, but the rest of this just sounds miserable.
>>
>>1264110
I just got back from Guangzhou and Hong Kong. I enjoyed Hong Kong more though to be fair I live in a small town so it was neat. Guangzhou was nice as well, I appreciated how "open" it felt in certain areas. The dragon-boat festival was neat as well.

OP why do you hate yourself? Isn't their a train that you could take?
>>
>>1264174
>Chinese driving licence
A few hundred RMB and a bottle of baijiu will take care of that.

I'd be much more worried about driving through Terroristan
>>
>>1264023
Just go by ferry
>>
>>1264093
OP here, surprisingly you got 1 and 4 right
>>
>>1264447
>afraid of flying

Why not take a train then, probably would be way more enjoyable and cheaper
>>
>>1264448
>Why not take a train then, probably would be way more enjoyable
Jesus, how long would 13,000km take by train? That'd be weeks.
>>
>>1264447
>afraid of flying
>not driving generally
>not through that nonsense

In the undying words of GySgt Ermey: Jesus Hominem Salvatore Christ
>>
>>1264451
sleeper trains aren't that bad at all, probably cheaper and safer than driving. how long would driving take? as someone that hates flying i understand op, and he might have a good time going overland. doing it for a girl is stupid though, just go to china and meet somebody while you are there.
>>1264448
yeah, agree
>>
>>1264448
>cheaper
>>1264490
>cheaper and safer than driving
you know what's going to be cheapest of all? a fucking plane ticket
>>
>>1264091
>I believe Russia is one of a small handful of nations that don't issue visas in third countries
It's not. No idea about the vehicle though.

>>1264033
Are you looking to work there or something? I know it's kinda THE place for electronics but short of working there what are you really going to get out of it?
>>1264447
>met a "girl" from Shenzhen online
oh never mind

>>1264111
legit the only one of these that is actually a concern is cell reception in china

I know this is a joke OP but if you managed to get the vehicle registration and license stuff sorted I think it would be pretty easy. But it'd be boring. There'll be things to see along the way but driving takes away most of the opportunities to meet other people and this trip is way too long and not interesting enough to do alone
>>
>>1264451
Nice>Paris>Berlin>Warsaw>Moscow in 24 hours or less
Moscow to Beijing in 5 days via the trans-Mongolian railway
Beijing to Shenzhen in 6 hours with high speed rail

Not that bad
>>
>>1264451
>Jesus, how long would 13,000km take by train? That'd be weeks.
Car would take even longer, especially if something goes wrong, there is HUGE risk. A train would take 2 maybe 3 weeks.

>>1264492
>cheaper
When you factor in the time, deal with weather, money, food, spare parts, payment for gas, places to sleep, safety and medical gear you WILL need. It will be by far cheaper. That route is a stupid far, you aren't with roads that are going to be in top condition, doubt your normal cheapo car will do

>>1264492
>you know what's going to be cheapest of all? a fucking plane ticket

OP stated he didn't want to fly because scaredy pants
>>
>>1264919
>It will be by far cheaper
to fly, like I said? I think we're on the same page judging by the tone of your post
>OP stated he didn't want to fly because scaredy pants
yeah I know, which holy shit, statistically OP should be more afraid of "girl" being an axe murderer
>>
>>1264492
>you know what's going to be cheapest of all? a fucking plane ticket
yeah but that's not what he asked about
>>
>>1264451
>Jesus, how long would 13,000km take by train? That'd be weeks.

faster than a car
>>
OP you do realize that around 85% of that itinerary run though a literal desertic wasteland right? It's mostly steppe and mountains, also I don't think the roads will be as in europe or the Us
>>
>>1264915

> Nice>Paris>Berlin>Warsaw>Moscow in 24 hours or less

have you ever seen a map of Europe?
>>
>>1264062
>you know what else are miles apart? Shenzhen and fucking Nice

oh I am laffin
>>
>>1265054

holy fuck some top level bantz in here
>>
>>1264023
Don't know why you're getting so much negativity, it's actually a pretty cool idea, so long as you realise it isn't like a roadtrip through North America. As other people have said, food and gas stations will be few and far between, but as long as you stock up on gas and food you should be fine. Bring a satellite phone in case of emergencies. I'd recommend bringing a friend to alleviate loneliness, and bring some books/download a lot of movie and TV for boredom. Of course you'll also need to obtain all the visas, but it should be doable and fun if you're in for an adventure.
>>
>>1264023

fucking fly there. it's like 400 dollars.
>>
>>1264023

you got the three thousand dollars you'd need for gas?
>>
>>1265058
He should have asked for info about the transmongolian or transiberian route, then people would have been excited. Instead he made the travel aspect sound like a chore.
>>
File: Belarus Visa Free.jpg (140KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
Belarus Visa Free.jpg
140KB, 600x619px
>>1264093

Hmm. Local embassy here says the visa free scheme is only valid when flying to Minsk.
>>
>>1265016
yeah but that's not where the thread went

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbLdIyqul7c
>>
>>1265058
>Don't know why you're getting so much negativity

Because it is pretty obviosu op is going to try and meet some "girl" online he met in China but is too scared to fly for some stupid reason, and going about it in the stupidest way possible.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.