[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ what's the cheapest and easiest way to get another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: many-passports.jpg (23KB, 350x234px) Image search: [Google]
many-passports.jpg
23KB, 350x234px
Hey /trv/ what's the cheapest and easiest way to get another passport/dual citizenship for someone that lives in the US?
>>
Panama

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/the-easiest-country-to-obtain-residency-panama
>>
genetics

I'm in the middle of a lawsuit that's gonna run me ten grand to get Italian citizenship through a parent's parent's parent.

What's your reason for wanting it, though?
>>
>>1263514
Montenegro is pretty easy, too, at least comparatively, and I'm not sure you need to be a real resident. It costs several hundred thousand dollars, though.

If you're not a descendant of people from a country with ancestry citizenship programs (a surprising number, including Spain, Portugal, Ireland, a lot of Eastern European countries, and others), and able to prove it, or married to someone from another country, basically all of these programs require you to be a long term resident making positive contributions to the country, either by doing some sort of legal local work for which there is a demand, or by investing a lot of money locally.
>>
Learn basic Hungarian, make up a story about your Hungarian ancestry, (get somone to) fill in a form for you, done.
If you don't feel like learning Hungarian, there is a scheme, too, for 100k usd you get a residence permit that initially allows you to stay anywhere in the EU for any amount of time, later can be turned into citizenship and passport. The Chinese love it, it's a really simple process. It's on hold now for a few months, going to be back around the end of the year. They might bring back the 50% discount, too.
>>
>>1263554
This is a good shot if you're lucky. Most European countries have citizenship if your grandparent was from there, many have great-grandparent.
>>
>>1263590
source.
>>
>>1263554
I really love China and Iran and have friends in both I would love to visit. Everytime i go to China/Iran I have to apply for a visa and now Iran will barely let US citizens in anymore.
>>
>>1263590
>there is a scheme, too, for 100k usd

You referring to this?
http://www.residency-bond.eu/residency-bond-program.html

The website says it costs €360,000
€60,000 in fees, and €300,000 investment that gets refunded after 5 years
>>
>>1263749
God damn, I don't even have 100 dollars lmao
>>
>>1263715
China requires visa for everyone

Iran's pretty bro for visas for EU, I think?

I was concerned you were all "bawww muh Trump," which actually can be a valid concern, but most people who only do anything about it on the internet aren't the valid complaints
>>
>>1263749
300k is temporary, it should be reduced back to 100k or max 150k by the end of the year. don't buy it now, there is going to be a discount by the end of the year. http://immigration-hungary.com/EN/xmjbqkwt.html http://www.hssdf.com/EN/xgwj.html

the chinese love it cause of how easy it is to get it. you just pay, you get the eu residency permit, after 5 years you get the money back.

>>1263602
http://www.allampolgarsag.gov.hu/images/angol.pdf

allampolgarsag = citizenship
"[...]simplified the procedure and reduced the administrative burden. Every non-Hungarian citizen is eligible for preferential naturalisation if
- he or any of his ancestors was a Hungarian citizen or if he serves reason to believe his or her origin is from Hungary,
- he proves his knowledge of the Hungarian language,
- he has no criminal record and is not under prosecution,
- his naturalisation does not violate the public and national security of Hungary."

because of a friend of mine i had a long discussion about the "he proves his knowledge of the Hungarian language" part. basically if you ask for the naturalization anywhere else other than Hungary, they only expect you to talk about the weather for 2 mins. (as in when you submit the papers at the consulate, they would be like "hey, whats up?" end of. no exam or anything.) for the rest you just have to be white. you can substitute whiteness with higher language skills.
>>
>>1263602
>>1263799
oh, and all this because no one really wants to be hungarian (except the chinese and some middle eastern people for the eu passport). it ain't no german passport, but still gives you visa-free access to 151 countries...
>>
>>1263787
No they don't, I've been thinking about moving full time to the bahamas and working at a hotel or some shit so I can get citizenship. I also have a pretty good chance of getting shipped to Japan with my current job and hopefully getting citizenship there. Both Japanese and Bahamian passports have visa free to china and VOA to Iran
>>
>>1263807
today I learned something, but my approximation was still damned good since holy shit you had to get specific to prove me wrong. #CoolGoalPostsBro
>>
>>1263766
>I don't even have 100 dollars

Then you have roughly 0 need for a passport.
>>
>>1263787
Yeah, in Iran we get cheap and quick VOA when arriving by plane from the EU.

For China the visa process is much less humiliating than the ESTA for the US, so I wouldn't be too motivated to get a new passport just for that...
>>
>>1263832
wtf I want a San Marino passport now
>>
it's not easy, but ecuador gives a good second passport for westerners (china, brazil and russia without visa) if you buy $25,000 of real estate or bonds and mostly stay in the country for 2 years

>>1263549
this is accurate
>>
>>1263974
>ecuador
>mostly stay in the country for 2 years

m8...
>>
>>1263514
My parents are from the Dominican Republic but I was born in America but because they are both citizens that automatically makes me a citizen. The next time I go I have to pay like 100 bucks and bam, Im now a citizen. Its dumb how easy it is.
>>
>>1264019
I'm not some weird anarchist, but yeah, nationality law is entirely arbitrary
>who knew?
>>
>>1264021
Actually insane how easy it is. Interestingly enough being born there doesn't give you citizenship so there are entire generations of people who have been living in the country for 100+ years and not one person in the family has become a citizen.
>>
>>1264022
birthright citizenship is not terribly common
>>
Marry a non-US qt
it's free
>>
>>1263799
I looked into this out of pure curiosity (I am 0% Magyar, so it's not relevant to me personally), and the Hungarian embassy in the US suggests that there's actually quite a lot of documentation required to prove ancestry--birth and marriage certificates of the entire line back until it's Hungarian. So I'm not sure it's really as easy in practice as pretending. As I understand it, the process was mostly designed to lure ethnic Hungarians back from Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, and wherever else they're hanging out in Eastern Europe.
>>
>>1264058
That will b the most expensive "free" you ever got yourself involved in.
>>
>>1264058
>>1264357
it's also almost invariably not a fucking thing any longer
>>
File: 1485395886914.jpg (122KB, 990x714px) Image search: [Google]
1485395886914.jpg
122KB, 990x714px
>>1264357
Work from a position of power and find a suitable woman.

>>1264383
oh yes it is senpai, I'm from a second world country in Europe and I still get a lot of attention that could easily be converted, you just gotta do some leg work and go into a bit more remote areas than usual

I actually have a marriage arranged for dual exchange of citizenship. She wants EU and I want out of this continent.
>>
>>1264499
I'm not saying you can't try to do it. I'm saying your status as an item is only a contributing factor, at best -- and often not at all -- to the amount of time for naturalization.

What I said "not a fucking thing" I meant it ain't getting you citizenship quick, fast, and in a hurry.
>>
File: 1487413283495.png (447KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487413283495.png
447KB, 800x800px
>>1264503

Oh yeah. I mean, in this life you either have time or money ($100,000 money). I sure as hell have 5 years rather than this amount of money for citizenship, which won't change a lot t b h.
>>
>>1264503
>What I said "not a fucking thing" I meant it ain't getting you citizenship quick, fast, and in a hurry.
This. You basically have to prove that you're a long-term couple who have built a life together, and that refusing one of you residency would be breaking up a family unit (even if it's just two of you); immigration authorities are always on the look out for visa scammers.
>>
>>1264499
There should be personal ads for that sort of exchange
>qt
That's unnecessary and completely irrelevant though.
>>
>>1264542
"not a fucking thing" guy again: actually had to write a fairly TLDR letter (signed, notarized, tax ID number) about a friend who met spouse while working abroad and how they were living together, that the 3 of us all did stuff together constantly, and had done double dates together before and after the wedding. The wedding of which I had taken shitty photographs.

>not a citizen until they had a kid
>this shit is not like /trv/ thinks
>>
>saving from page 10
>>
>>1264768
Won't work if you aren't from a Middle-east or African country.
>>
>tfw triple national

U.S., U.K., France.
>>
>>1265842
Won't work, period.
>>
>>1265843
Having a US passport is such a drag if you have another citizenship you're using more. Double taxation.
>>
>>1264768
Fuck off back to /pol/, you basement-dwelling virgin NEET Burger.
>>
>>1265846
Yeah, unfortunately it was my first one. I don't really plan on moving anytime soon, I just like the options multiple nationalities gives me.
>>
>>1263832

> San Marino

lol I'd love to hear the story behind this
>>
>>1265846
Tax lawyer here, and if your other citizenships are from other western coutnries this is usually not a problem as most of those countries have signed tax treaties with the US which deal with the technical difficulties of distributing the taxation rights between the states
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.