[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have the opportunity to go to Sri Lanka for a week or two in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: sri-lanka-banyan-sigiriya-rock.jpg (959KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sri-lanka-banyan-sigiriya-rock.jpg
959KB, 1920x1080px
I have the opportunity to go to Sri Lanka for a week or two in August. What am I supposed to do in this meme country? I haven't done any research on it at all except look at pretty pictures.
>>
>>1263244
if you like looking at ancient rubb-i mean, historical sites, then just visit the random various sites i guess
if you like nature theres a fuck ton of elephants and a some evasive leopards if you're lucky
if you to stay in modern civilisation, dont leave colombo
>>
>>1263244
>What am I supposed to do in this meme country?
Eat bad food, pay exorbitant rates to enter the historical sites, and fend of some of the most aggressive touts you will ever run into.
>>
>>1263282
if you think theyre aggressive, never go to india
>>
>>1263244
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yala_National_Park
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneriya_National_Park
> anuradhapura
> sirigiya
> sri pada
> tea gardens
Have fun at the scenic beaches too.
>>
File: beach.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
beach.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
>>1263244

I went for two weeks in December, 10/10 would do again.

>great food
>nice people
>beaches
>elephants
>historic sights

Just a really chill, down to earth place. Heaven if you like spicy food.

Pic related, beach I spent 5 days on doing nothing but drinking and eating curry.
>>
>>1263244
it is quite hot and all those tuk tuk drivers will follow you.

But there are also nice things to see: https://youtu.be/ibxL0sf53Ic

Good thing is you do not need a lot of money.
Don't miss the chance to drink some local tea and for buddas sake put off your shoes when you visit temples https://youtu.be/kvHu6ngnnSg
>>
People complain about paying $25 to enter tourist sites like Anuradhapura or Sigriya, but once you're inside, you realize it's worth it. Some of the best ancient ruins anywhere in the world.
Still, it is overall expensive compared to other SEA countries; good luck finding a hotel for less than $20.
The country suits itself well to independent travel. Transport is good. People speak English. there's a lot to see in a small area.
The food is love-it-or-hate-it. It mostly depends on whether you like nuclear-tier spice.
Typical Sri Lankan restaurant experience: imagine descending a staircase into a sweaty, windowless restaurant filled with mustachioed men eating soup with their hands. They serve you a dozen little bowls filled with things you can't identify; in fact you're certain you didn't order half of them. The pain is acute as the spice hits you, but like a kid hogging the chips and salsa at a party, you just keep going and going. You pay the waiter and flee back up the steps, blinking in the sunlight, streaming mucous from the eyes and nose.
That's option A; option B is to eat short eats three meals a day; pic related.
>>
unawatuna is a russian wasteland, mirrisa has a nice beach, with loads of hot tourists, the bar boys can get nasty at night.
Hika is a shit hole, Yala has some elephants, and if you are lucky, a leopard.
Galle has good coffee...
Kandy is annoying..
Ella is backpacker land, really nice though, rent a scooter.
Negombo is near the airport.
Don't expect many sri lankan women to talk to you.

this guys explains the food pretty well>>1263461
look for anything deviled, roti or kottu
>>
>>1263542
>>1263461
>>1263311
>>1263309
>>1263301
>>1263282
>>1263248

Thanks for the replies. I've been to India so I feel ok being aggressively solicited for scams/tuk tuk rides/whatever all the time.

Any optimal method of transportation to get around? Train/bus/hire a driver?
>>
>>1263612
Hire a driver if you want to go inland if you can afford it.

You can get a train from Colombo to Galle, which is worth checking out. Pretty Portugese colonial fort town.

If I could go back I'd head up north to Jaffna etc.
>>
File: shriek.png (72KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
shriek.png
72KB, 1200x627px
>>
>>1263244
>What am I supposed to do in this meme country?

Fuck a Sri Lankan qt
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.