[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I travel as cheap as I can? I need tips since I just started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 7EkhfpA.jpg (574KB, 1769x2662px) Image search: [Google]
7EkhfpA.jpg
574KB, 1769x2662px
How do I travel as cheap as I can? I need tips since I just started and I don't have alot of money.

I found out about couchsurfing, is it really free to stay at a host or just less expensive? Where do I find cheap airline tickets websites that won't scam me?

Let's say I want to travel from Romania to New York, what do I do?
>>
>>1262805
read the sticky.
>>
>>1262805
>I found out about couchsurfing, is it really free to stay at a host or just less expensive?
It's free.

>How do I travel as cheap as I can?
Hitchhiking, train hopping (not recommended), dumpster diving and so on...

AIRBNB is quite cheap and you can make some friends this way since lot of them are (former) travellers or couchsurfers. If you dont care about comfort, then get a tent and ask people if you can set it on their garden.
>>
>>1263212
t-thanks

I see airbnb offers are smething like 70 euros per night so I'm better off with couchsurfing

is skyscanner legit for tickets?
>>
>>1263280
>is skyscanner legit for tickets?
Yes, but Skyscanner is basically just a search engine that connects you with different companies. Some of these companies have poor reputations for customer service if something goes wrong. It's best to try to book direct with the airline, unless it's hugely more expensive.
>>
Are you a cute romanian girl? MissTravel.com
>>
>>1263302
>"please upgrade to view replies"
>>
File: 1466918124644.jpg (86KB, 720x691px) Image search: [Google]
1466918124644.jpg
86KB, 720x691px
>>1263212
Why did you respond to this mamaliga freeloader?

>Let's say I want to travel from Romania to New York, what do I do?
Buy tickets from RO to England/Norway with Wizz/RyanAir and use lowcost NorwegianAir or Iceland lowcost carriers to NY. This is by far the cheapest option.

>I found out about couchsurfing, is it really free to stay at a host or just less expensive?
It's free if you're an attractive and interesting person to the opposite sex. Also host people before you use it. Otherwise don't bother.
>>
>>1263341
>Also host people before you use it. Otherwise don't bother.
why?
>>
File: 1485185220221.png (287KB, 718x667px) Image search: [Google]
1485185220221.png
287KB, 718x667px
>>1263716

Well, it's in the site's culture. I got rejected the first time I tried to get a host because I hadn't hosted anyone. Which is totally understandable to be honest, it's not meant to be a "free place to stay" type of deal because people actually do let you in their apartment, and while it is still free ALWAYS BRING A GIFT, preferably from your country which can't be bought in the country where you are going. I got a shitton of Netherlands cheese and I'm loving it. I've got some malay dodol and also loved it. It's just a top-tier gesture that people do.

tl;dr

before you request a couch

>host a person
>bring a gift
>interact with your host to a degree you're both comfortable

Otherwise just use a cheap ass hostel, there are plenty of those.
>>
>>1262805
where are you in ro?
>>
>>1263280
>I see airbnb offers are smething like 70 euros per night
You know you can change your price settings, right? In nearly every major city you can find places for ~20 USD/night. In most, you can find them for ~10-15. I do it all the time. Yeah, it's a shitty shared room with a dozen other people, but I doubt you care much based on your question.
>>
>>1263791
Craiova

>>1263839
>>1263726
thanks
>>
dumpster dive
camp
hitchhike

Is this too cheap OP?
>>
Workaway.info

Your welcome
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.