[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does Peru get good? I've been coming down the north

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: 4L_RM0rLW4E.jpg (116KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
4L_RM0rLW4E.jpg
116KB, 780x439px
When does Peru get good?

I've been coming down the north coast for a week now (riding a motorbike down from Canada) and it has to be the shitiest country I've ever been to (and I've been to a lot). Traffic is absolutely terrifying (worse than anywhere in Asia; a million times worse than any other country in the Americas). It's Africa-tier trash strewn and ugly (again, nothing else like it on this trip; it makes Honduras look like a well-functioning country). Gas is crazy expensive. Beer is +2x any other country. There are roving plagues of locusts (wish this was a joke), and it's COLD even at sea-level due to PERPETUAL thick cloud cover.

Do people saying Peru is worth a visit just go to Machu Pichu and straight home, or are there other nice parts to it I haven't seen yet? Because I'm seriously considering turning around and ending the trip in Ecuador.
>>
Were you the guy that I told to skip Peru and go via the Amazon to Brazil?

That's still what I recommend. Get to Iquitos, put your motorbike on the boat to Manaus, and enjoy a real awesome culture. You can get pretty far (maybe to the east coast of Brazil?) by boat with enough time.

>Do people saying Peru is worth a visit just go to Machu Pichu and straight home, or are there other nice parts to it I haven't seen yet?

Pretty much. The places worth seeing:
> Machu Pichu / Cusco / Sacred valley (genuinely not over-hyped IMO)
> Iquitos (if you're into Ayahuasca or want to get to Brazil cheap, otherwise no reason to go)
> Arequipa (kinda cool old colonial center with some cool stuff to see, but not worth the trip)
> Huaraz (good hiking)
> Lima (one of the easiest places to get laid in the world if you're white, though the girls are pretty much 6's at best and very unsexy in person)
>>
I looked into a boat to Manaus, but that's still cut off from anywhere by road*: you'd need to take boats across the whole width of South America to get to the Brazilian road network! Massively more practical entering from the south (either from southern Peru or Bolivia or Paraguay).

*its technically possible to drive from Manaus, but that'd mean going through Venezuela which isn't on for obvious reasons.
>>
>>1262591
Have you reached Trujillo yet?

Personally I found the coastal areas of Peru to be a total let down, especially compared to inland Peru. There's so much to see in the mountains.

Also you can drive from Manaus to Porto Velho in the southwest and on to Mato Grosso from there.
>>
>>1262599
>and enjoy a real awesome culture
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (191KB, 1200x868px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
191KB, 1200x868px
>>1262599
>> Lima (one of the easiest places to get laid in the world if you're white, though the girls are pretty much 6's at best and very unsexy in person)
the only thing sexy in peru are the trannies
>>
>>1262591
Peru is one of those boring countries that, for whatever reason, foreigners visit.
>>
hmm as someone who just bought tickets for a 4-week trip to Pery around xmas, AND has already been to Machu Picchu, this thread makes me uneasy.

Is it really that bad? In the worst case I guess I could just go to Bolivia or Ecuador from there. . but still .
>>
>>1262591
> it's COLD even at sea-level due to PERPETUAL thick cloud cover.

Lol winter
>>
File: 4L_qnbF9EyH.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
4L_qnbF9EyH.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1262806
Apparently the whole coast is covered in this perpetual thick cloud cover all winter (just stepped outside to snap pic related). I'm gonna head inland across the mountains to the jungle since it's the dry season there, but from what I gather Ecuador is the much better country to visit the Amazon in by road since they have good roads and haven't destroyed the forest anywhere accessible as in all other Amazonian countries.
>>
File: 4L_hghKLQAq.png (231KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
4L_hghKLQAq.png
231KB, 640x1136px
>>1262817
I'm bizarrely close to the equator here to have this noticeable a seasonal swing. Everywhere north of the equator three times the distance is HOT AS BALLS all year long.

I think it must have something to do with sea currents.
>>
>>1262775
it's got nice ruins and cheap flights
>>
>>1262818
SO you are in Chiclayo right now. Good place to party with locals, but the city is a fucking market.
The lord of Sipan and the Moche stuff hype at least make the place a (not very good) touristic center. I mean, Cusco, Puno, Arequipa and even Lima has better touristic services.
>>1262820
The currents and the Andes, at least there are no Cyclons
>>
>>1262827
Skipped the Sipan museum since I gather it's not all in English. The endless planes of burning garbage to the horizon all around Chiclayo were also a demotivator from spending any more time there.

I'm down in Huanchaco now. Shit beach shit weather again, but I had someone mail me something to Trujillo, thinking I'd be down here much later (I assumed it would be nice like everywhere else and I'd take my time in the north). If I don't get the package Monday I'll consider it a write off. I'm gonna cross the mountains from here and check out the Peruvian Amazon, but most likely I'm gonna backtrack to Ecuador and maybe all the way back to Colombia and end my trip there. I knew I didn't want to ride all the way down to Patagonia on this trip since it sounds miserable, but I figured I'd get to Bolivia before it became more something to endure than to enjoy :(
>>
>>1262823
Good blow too
>>
Go to Colca Canyon and tell me your mind isn't blown.
>>
This sounds stressful af, why do people do this to themselves?
>>
>>1262968
Trujillo is more a 'people live here' city. There you should visit the center and Chan Chan.
>>
Peru > Mexico, chicano
>>
>>1262591
Cusco is the only interesting part for foreigners.

If you're South American you'll be impressed with Lima and feel like a big shot there.
>>
>>1262974
That I believe 100 percent but is it a good destination for it? Have you been to Colombia and can compare those two? How easy it is to find in Peru? What setting is a nice way to do it in?
>>
>>1262599
I mostly agree with this post, but I'll say you don't need to go to Iquitos for ayahuasca. I did it in the sacred valley of the incas, near cusco.

Also, Peru is the best country in SA for food.
>>
>>1264205
Actually much better in Peru/Bolivia than Colombia.

I found a hookup through dumb luck in Colombia though who was getting me 5g bags for 10k COP so you can't really beat that. Quality though was comparable to something found in a US city
>>
File: whip dip dee do.gif (102KB, 190x294px) Image search: [Google]
whip dip dee do.gif
102KB, 190x294px
Going for 3 weeks in October the plan is
Lima>Cusco/Inca Trail/Machu Picchu>Puno/Islands>Arequipa>Lima

Anybody got any tips, does this look like enough/overdoing it for 3 weeks? Not sure whether to fly or bus it from some places to the next
>>
>>1262591
The peruvian north coast is a shithole, the whole country is poor but least the andean mountains and the amazon have beautiful landscapes. In the coast you only have sand and dirt (exept maybe the wealthy area of Lima), is even more ugly now that El NiƱo fucked over the infrastructure of that part of Peru.

>>1262711
>There's so much to see in the mountains.
This, the sacred valley is one of my favorite places but is far from where OP is.

>>1262820
Yeah, the Humboldt current
Form wikipedia
>The Humboldt has a considerable cooling influence on the climate of Chile, Peru and Ecuador. It is also largely responsible for the aridity of Atacama Desert in northern Chile and coastal areas of Peru and also of the aridity of southern Ecuador. Marine air is cooled by the current and thus is not conducive to generating precipitation (although clouds and fog are produced).
>>
This is OP, and I have to confess the mountains are fucking amazing for scenery and driving. Gorgeous, super clean, good roads with hardly any traffic. Not even that cold in the day until you get above the tree-line.

My opinion of Peru has totally changed the past two days since I've left the coast (the north coast is, however, an unmitigated shithole and nobody sane should ever visit there; bad enough to make me nearly give up on a trip I'm almost a year into).
>>
>>1264414
i'm going to peru this year, but not the north coast, so keep us posted. glad you persevered.
>>
File: 250.jpg (12KB, 250x305px) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
12KB, 250x305px
>>1262754
that pic just made my dick hard anon!
>>
>>1262599
I've met plenty of hot Peruvian girls here in the US
>>
File: 16605644565_aa6cff6a87_b[1].jpg (379KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
16605644565_aa6cff6a87_b[1].jpg
379KB, 1024x683px
>>1264966
were they mixed all Peruvians I met in the us are mixed and in Peru almost no one is
would you consider pic related hot?
>>
>>1262591

Are you the same motorbike traveler who's created threads to complain about Nicaragua, Colombia, and pretty much every other Latin American country you've traveled through?
>>
>>1265081
fucking kek i hope not
>>
>>1265174

I'd die if they were.

>goes to most touristic city in Nicaragua
Bawwwww, there are too many tourists! It's not authentic enough!
>goes through Costa Rica
Bawwwww, no culture and too expensive!
>goes to Colombia
Bawwwww, the women won't sleep with me and there's not as much to do as I'd expected!
>goes to Peru
Bawwwww, it's boring and I don't see what other people like here!
>>
>>1265182
if that's the same anon i have bad news for him he's the boring one
>>
>>1265043
They were fully Peruvian.

And about that pic, I think some of them are almost hot
>>
I met a Peruvian-American milf in her 40s the other day
>>
File: 1496024126918.jpg (138KB, 775x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496024126918.jpg
138KB, 775x768px
>peru
ugly everything, even women
piece of garbage
>>
>>1262754
>>1264966

>They haven't fucked finnish and peruvian mix girls

Step up your game
>>
>>1266777
I bet they are cute all
POST SOME PICS NIG
>>
File: Feelsbad.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Feelsbad.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>1266779
I can't my friend,

>tfw shes gone and never will comeback
>you will never feel her breast again

Why live?
>>
>>1262591
>Africa-tier trash
opinion disregarded
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.