[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is like to live in Los Angeles? I really like movies with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Los-Angeles.jpg (402KB, 2048x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Los-Angeles.jpg
402KB, 2048x1300px
What is like to live in Los Angeles? I really like movies with LA as setting and it became my dream travel.
>>
Traffic and Spanish speaking spics everywhere.
>>
Did you ever see La La Land? Yeah, picture the opposite.
>>
Interesting place to visit, but not to live. All of the civilized areas close to the city are only places that the super rich can afford.
>>
>>1260500
Watch Love on Netflix. Play in Los Santos in GTA.
>>
>>1260436
>What is like to live in Los Angeles?

>I'm from Anaheim
What LA is 'like' will depend entirely on what your salary/lifestyle can afford it to be like. If you have money (or your family does) it's in my opinion one of the best places in the world to live, which is why so many rich celebrity types live in the area, there is a ton of cool shit to do every day and night of the week. More than I have found in any other world city (even NY or SF).

But it's pretty miserable if you are poor. Cost of living is high and the only places where it isn't are places you really don't want to live as a white person (especially a transplant). People are not known for being friendly and the job market is very cut throat. And after living in Nashville for awhile in my early twenties I also realized how much more insular people in LA are socially. I never noticed it growing up, but people are a lot more open to making new friends in other places. If it weren't for growing up here I'm honestly not sure if I would have any friends, tough to break into new social circles down here.
>>
Went to Hollywood a month ago. It's a tourist trap. Dirty sidewalks and alleys, panhandlers and homeless, and everyone else who wants to be rich and famous but isn't. Looks like it does in the movies but feels like any other city. I think I'm just sick of metropolitan areas.
>>
Los Angeles Suburbfag here

L.A. always has something to do but it is a very gimmicky place. Every restaurant and club HAS to have a theme. There aren't really a lot of places to just chill out unless you go to someone's house but what's the fun in that?

The beaches are always very overcast and not sunny like they are in the movies, though Huntington and Malibu are very beautiful. Hollywood is a tourist trap, but it does have some places with charm that are a neat visit. Our art museums pail in comparison to ones in New York or Chicago but you can find something for you at the Getty or LACMA.

And as a passholder, I adore Disneyland, even though it isn't for everyone. It's definitely what I utilize the most in my area.

The people here are generally nice. The ghetto act ghetto and the rich act snobby, but there aren't as many rude bystanders like there are back east, for instance.
>>
>>1260773
Cities are the best places to live if you have money.

Country is the best place to live if you are poor.

I think this applies to everywhere, not just LA.
>>
So I don't start my own thread, what's a city near-ish to LA with cheaper hotel prices? I have a car so getting around is no issue.
>>
>>1260436
if you dont have money dont bother you will live with the mexicans and blacks.
>>
Born and raised in the suburbs of LA bud. Ill hook you up with some info.

LA is one huge city man, its built out rather than up in comparison to cities like San Fransisco and New York. There is tons to do and see regardless if you have money, if you work in the food service industry and have roommate you can make an easy living in LA. The weather is perfect and the beach is close....now far the bad.

The people in LA are reeeeeally shitty, especially the women. I mean, these bitches have a 24/7 bitch pass. I argue that the women in southern california are the worst in the world, spoiled and entitled while at the same time playing the victim. Cost of living is high and the traffic will eat your soul. The public transpiration is getting better but still shit. Only the poor use the public transportation. Stay of way from black people, they generally suck. The city is not what television and the media make it out to be, so show up with that in mind.
>>
>>1260436
>What is like to live in Los Angeles?

Depressing and annoying in every possible way

>I really like movies with LA as setting and it became my dream travel.

this is about as stupid as watching anime and assuming visiting japan is full of horny asians wanting to suck white man cock
>>
>>1260436
LA is like a meta city. It's fucking huge. What it's like to live depends heavily on what city in LA you live in. But no matter where you live traffic will be a constant. What areas interest you?
>>
>>1260436
You'll be standing in traffic. There is no public transportation.
>>
>>1261485
This pretty much sums it up
>>
>>1261489
go to the Japan general, weebs actually think that way about Japan
>>
It fucking sucks. I hate this goddamn place.
>shit traffic
>shit public transport
>nothing's centralized layout wise
>in fact there might as well not be a layout
>people litter fucking everywhere
>blaring obnoxious culture that just feels out of date
>no seasons
>no rain

What's worse is that it's one of the culture centers of the world. Like, everything I'm even half curious in I can find in LA, so it's hard for me to leave.
>>
>>1260647
Im also from Garden Grove/Anaheim and I second this, people think California is pretty liberal, but in reality it's just people who want to be better than everyone else in the philosophical sense. Social circles are already pretty tight, but have a nice hobby and im sure you can fit right in, I do archery and I made quick friends with the regulars there. Honestly if you don't have the money, stay the fuck away from LA, everything sucks if you dont have the salary to even exist in that city space, many of the surrounding cities have the same or more things to offer. And like everyone else said, stay away from Hollywood it's a washed up, old, dirty cancer that exists. The beaches are 10/10, water's cold as fuck, and its a great place for late night bonfires.
>>
>>1261428
You looking to be north or south of LA?
Idk about north of LA but Anaheim is relatively cheap and is in a good location, drive north 1 hr and you're in LA, drive west and you hit the beach in 20-30 min , drive south 1:30 and you can chill in san diego
>>
>>1261428
I feel like Burbank might have cheaper hotels
>>
Central LA native here

Its fucking great. But if I lived out in ones of the suburbs and only had a car as means of transportation then Id find it really annoying.
>>
File: latrcong2.jpg (23KB, 355x267px) Image search: [Google]
latrcong2.jpg
23KB, 355x267px
>>1261428
>I have a car so getting around is no issue.
I've got some news for you buddy

>>1263134
hotel prices are a little inflated from disneyland. last time i had to go santa ana for a decent price and that's probably way to far
>>
>>1264385
Hotel prices yes, but you can find some pretty cheap housing around there, considering OP wanted to live there, I've seen some 2-3 bedroom apartments a little under 1400/m which is unfortunately as cheap as it gets.
>>
>>1260442
Go back to pol, stupid racist
>>
>>1265028
Lmao do you even live in LA nigga
That's EXACTLY what it's like
>>
>>1260436

LA is composed of several very large cities with differing lifestyles. I live in West LA, which is the more affluent area filled with families, students, and hipsters. I love the food and the weather. I get to wear nice leather boots all year, and can ride my motorcycle every day. I can bicycle almost everywhere, although bike lanes are not everywhere yet.

Traffic is sickeningly bad. Seriously, it can't be overstated. I can lane split with my bike and still have to constantly deal with stop-and-go. It's frustrating because the roads get very hot and it's hard to keep your cool. I coordinate my day around not driving during rush hour.

Woman are really hot. Men are really fit and handsome, so if you don't work out you will get left behind. Not a joke.

Public transit needs work, but is better than other places like Miami.

In general, I think anybody can be happy in LA. You just need to put effort into engaging with the city, because a lot of it's beauty is buried beneath smog and poverty.
>>
>>1265028
As a spic who lived in LA for 15 years i'm telling you, we everywhere in LA puta.
>>
OC native here, LA is a nightmare. Lots of cool things to do, but I'd never live in LA proper.

Live in Orange County or San Diego, DO NOT live in LA.
>>
>>1260436
I stayed in Santa Monica for 2 days. Lots of homeless people around.
>>
I've heard it's sickeningly bad because it's nigh impossible to get laid due to every woman wanting to fuck all the celebrities and billionaires around there

I'd probably never transplant there because locking down a woman would be nearly impossible unless you had a robust social circle built from childhood in the area
>>
>>1260436
I live here and I can't wait to get the hell out. Unless you have A LOT of money, you are not going to get the experience you see on TV.

The traffic is beyond awful, and the city is very spread out, so you're going to have to suffer through it if you want to do anything.

>>1261428
>I have a car so getting around is no issue
kek you're in for quite a surprise my friend.
>>
>>1263143
How is Burbank, generally? Anyone got opinions?
May have to move there for work but I can't drive, so I'm guessing I'd pretty much be stuck in that area, except for public transport and uber/lyft...
>>
>>1268066
One of the best things about Burbank is that its both very safe and very close to Hollywood/LA (about a 15 min drive from downtown Burbank to Amoeba). So of course rent is going to be high, like 1,800 or 2k for a studio. i recommend you to start out in NoHo or even Van Nuys to save money. I hate the valley there is less to do and the traffic and prices are really high but its whatever, Studio City and Northridge is much nicer than Pacoima and Sun Valley trust me stay out. Also an important note is that Armenian people have flooded Burbank and Glendale. They own everything now, they are the doctors, the car dealers, real estate agents and vape bar owners. Its really wack since they use fucking EBT to buy groceries at Costco and they always go to their fucking leased Mercedes or BMW, sickening man but whatever. I actually cant wait to move out of LA because im more of an indoor person and ive worked at Costco for awhile planning to transfer out of state lol.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.