[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/. I live in America and my girlfriend lives in Australia.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: QMMtsAt.gif (1MB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
QMMtsAt.gif
1MB, 400x170px
Hey /trv/.

I live in America and my girlfriend lives in Australia. I want to move to Australia to live with her, because this long distance shit isn't enough for either of us. I just want to know, what EXACTLY do I have to do, to make this move legally?

I have a job and I'm saving up money. I would like to spend as little as possible, so I can arrive in Australia with plenty of money to help her with expenses. Bills, rent, groceries, etc. I'm no bum.

I've looked on different websites and they all say different things about what I might need and I don't know where to start. One site run by this guy, said I'd need 14,000 dollars, but he moved there with furniture, pets, his wife and child, etc. It's just me and a bag full of clothes.

I basically want to do whatever I have to, to VISIT, and then just never leave. I think it would be illegal to do that without renewing my visa, but I can do that. I would like to work down there, to supply an income, but it seems like that's a big fucking can of worms.

Is it as simple as just getting a traveler's visa, a passport, a ticket and flying there? Or is there some other shit I need to do?

Any help would be appreciated, especially from someone that has done this before.
>>
>>1260409
I'd recommend you to break up. I'd be cheaper and more realistic.
>>
>>1260409
Just marry her, tell her it's an immigration marriage not a real marriage and if one day she does feel like you're "The One" you guys can have a do over with flower bouquets, church guests, a white dress etc. And if you guys break up no big deal you can get a divorce once she meets someone else, whatev.

If she's too traditional aka holds the sanctity of marriage into high regard or some BS like that, just find a straight dude that will mary you for a thousand bucks or something then go hos separate way...... I'm assuming gay marriage is legal in Australia as I believe it now is here in the US so everything should work out.
>>
>>1260423
>>1260428

I'm really relieved I got some serious answers. Here I was thinking you guys weren't helpful.
>>
>>1260409

it would be helpful if you said if she was also american in australia under some visa or if she is an australian citizen.

the easiest way (which can take years), is to marrier her and apply for a spousal visa. i know two couples who have done this and it is not simple or cheap or quick.

if you're under 30 you can get a working holiday visa for a year, and if you go work somewhere rural for 6 months it can be extended to two years. if in that time you can get an employer who likes you they may sponsor you for a permanent residency visa.

if you have a specific skill on the list you can get a skilled migrant visa.

have you tried reading the actual government information? this isnt really a question for plebs when theres plenty of information. http://www.border.gov.au/
>>
>>1260409
Get a Working Holiday Visa, and use those two years to save the 7k for a marriage visa.
>>
>>1260448
Also, if she lives in SA/NT/WA/TAS the entire state, including the capital cities of Perth and Adelaide fall under "rural" so you don't have to do shit to get the 2 years except find a job.
>>
>>1260448
This. While you're there on a working holiday visa you can try to find a serious job that will sponsor you for a long-term work permit.
DON'T tell immigration about your girlfriend when you arrive there.

Also, DON'T fuck around with Aussie immigration, because they don't fuck around at all.

>I basically want to do whatever I have to, to VISIT, and then just never leave.
enjoy fruit picking for the rest of your life because you don't have credentials to get a proper job.
>>
>>1260432
Are you trying to be ironic? You think I was joking?

Both my friend, and my boss have done this.
>>
its not 6 months but 3 months / 88 days. also only working in some area codes will qualify you for rural work, Perth 6000 does not count!
source: on my 2nd year holiday visa in Oz
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.