[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you have $1,200 to spend on one week in a European city,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3

Say you have $1,200 to spend on one week in a European city, which would you choose? and why?

*Can not be Paris or London
*Must have an international airport
>>
Budapest...possibly the only city i would consider spending a week in.
>>
>>1260239
Interesting choice.
>>
>>1260235
Geneve, but your money will be long gone before you reach day 3
>>
Amsterdam. Book an Airbnb, eat at McDonald's, and explore modestly. No-brainer.
>>
>>1260249
And smoke weed like a maniac
>>
maybe dubrovnik
>>
Definatly whatever city in ireland has an airport.
Speak english
Drink like a fish
Shit talk brit fags
>>
>>1260235
Valencia would be my choice.
Comfy & clean city, option to go to the beach to chill, good food almost everywhere, doable even on a lower budget as yours, some pretty good sights.
>>
But butt where do you get to meet the cutest chicks and easily get laid with being a 5-6/10

Common anons this could be my first Europe trip and first solo

Not OP
>>
>>1260273
This may be a good idea but The Emerald Isle is probably shit in Winter time.
>>
Genève
>>
>>1260235
Salzburg. /thread
>>
>>1260283
Bump
>>
>>1260283
Any city with legal brothels. That means the major cities of Germany, Austria, Netherland, Switzerland, Hungary.
>>
>>1260235
Prague
>>
>>1260535
>1200$
>Switzerland, Germany, Austria
>>
>>1260545
That was not OP, that was an autistic virgin who will not be able to get pussy otherwise.
>>
>>1260235
L i s b o n
>>
I would go to London and sleep on my brothers couch and get shit faced all day in tracksuits.
>>
>>1260594
Worst possible option.
Jez you are a burden to your family.
>>
>>1260549
"If you can't get laid at home you won't abroad" is perhaps the truest meme on here.
>>
>>1260604
I don't think so, if it is true why aren't I getting laid at home?

I'm going to venture a guess: women don't like directness or explaining anything explicitly, at home that's where I fuck up because onxe I tell them I don't want a relationship they get offended and either friendzone or ghost me.......but abroad I never have to worry about pissing them off becsuse it's just understood we'll never see eachother again, I don't have to decipher her crazy signals.
>>
>>1260239
>Budapest...possibly the only city i would consider spending a week in.
This city is one of the few to stretch into a whole week, what with the various neighborhoods and lazy days you can soak it all up. I'd add Vienna, since it's so immense with its 1000museums, but also stretching your budget too much. Iceland is just great fun, not sure about your budget, maybe only about 4 days there.
If you're going to have no issues doing day trips, or seeing 2 or 3 outlying towns, then really it's a match for your interests and climate for the time you're going.
>>
>>1260413
Nah, it's basically the same all year long in Dublin.
>>
>>1260665
Hmm
>>
>>1260235
I would go to a Wacken or Summer Breeze metal festival. Tickets for such things are 80-150 USD I think. Spend the rest on hookers.
>>
PRAGUE
R
A
G
U
E
>>
>>1260283
>>1260535
>>1260604
>>1260613
Why do you autists have to shit up every thread with this shit?
>>
>>1261143
My heart was summoned to Prague by Emperor Rudolph the second, but I am also curious about Brussels, but is Belgium interesting at all? Nobody ever talks about it and nobody who travels to your goes there purely for Belgium so I'm skeptical of it's worth.
>>
>>1261143
this.

>tfw heart broken by cz qt 3.14
>>
>>1260235
Damn that pic is amazing.
>>
Oporto. I just love that city.
>>
>>1260235
Berlin
>>
>>1261381
Why? Germans tell me it's boring.
>>
>>1260239
I'd pick budapest as well and you could almost half your budget.
>>
>>1260235
i would take the money, buy a ticket to mongolia and never come back
>>
Barcelona. Great place.
>>
>>1260235
One of the ex-Yugoslavian cities for sure, because I've never been, and it seems a cool region. Maybe Ljubljana? Slovenia looks neat and the language seems simpler to me as a Russian speaker than does Serbo-Croatian.

I would rather be able to make some side trips, though.
>>
>>1261404
Belgrade is absolutely insane if you want to party. I've never seen anything like it. Sarajevo is more laid back, smaller and more interesting vibe Imo. Cool mix of Austro Hungarian and Turkish architecture.
>>
>>1260235
Budapest or Prague for sure - both beautiful with much to do and a rich history from many eras.
>>
>>1260271
not a week
>>
>>1261399
What is Spain like in Enero
January?
>>
Its nice, almost everywhere
Well my city would be Saint-Petesbourg or Moscow
>>
1200 in a week? Christ man, I spent 900 bucks on a 10 day vacation that spanned across 3 countries and 4 cities, including airfare and lodging. How the hell do you people spend so much money?
>>
>>1262545
Older with established, as a murrican that doesn't give you a lot of time, but when you do vacation you have more cash to do so. This will actuallly be one of cheapest trips, I trimmed the budget down from $3,000 initially just to see if I could.
>>
Probably Barcelona, maybe somewhere in Italy.
>>
>>1260235
Budapest: 4
Prague: 3
Genève: 2
Berlin: 2
Barcelona: 2
Amsterdam: 1
Dublin: 1
Dubrivnik: 1
Valencia: 1
Salzburg: 1
Lisbon: 1
Oporto: 1
Sarajevo: 1
Belgrade: 1
Moscow: 1

Prague and Budapest are neck and neck, it's odd how these two cities often pop up in the same threads, they aren't even in the same countries be people treat them like twins for some reason.
>>
>>1262947
Both Prague and Budapest are cities that, even 30 years ago, were nowhere near as accessible as they are now. Other cities on your list, like Barcelona, Amsterdam, and Lisbon, are cities that multiple generations of Americans have visited without a problem. Consider that some places like Ukraine, Georgia (country) and Kyrgyzstan are starting to become a bit more accessible and thus more people will be going there.
>>
>>1262947
they're the two major metropolitan cities that used to be behind the iron curtain but are now part of the EU free travel zone. so if you're a yurotrash young adult those cities are ones you'll want to visit because you've probably already been to all the meme euro cities like Paris, Barcelona, London, Berlin, etc. and want something new. and of course they're a lot cheaper due to lower standards of living which is also a big bonus for young dorists who are usually on a tighter budget than middle aged people.
>>
>>1260241
He said Europe.
>>
>>1260235
> can not be Paris or London

It's nice of you to tell us that you aren't a pleb indirectly. For someone who wants something not as popular but still containing European splendour I would recommend either Praha and Kraków ( short train ride in between them ) or Budapest.
>>
>>1263775
Budapest is winning but for a week you could visit 3 or 4 of some popular destinations via train and spend a couple in each. I'm a slow traveler kinda giy though and would not enjoy a rushed or busy schedule.
>>
laid at home / laid abroad meme

I don't pull Stateside because I put all of my money into travel savings, or my family's bills.

I don't travel expecting to screw, unlike the 'tism here, but since I'm a well adjusted adult male, and thirsty by the time I have the dosh to get out of the house, I generally get the booty abroad

>so, there /is/ that effect, but I'm an outlier
>>
>>1263844
I think you posted in the wrong thread, this is the good one.

There is a shit thread that copied the same OP pic.
>>
>>1261386
They dont want you to come here, foreign hipsters are ruining everything
>>
barcelona deserves better
>>
Budapest or Lisbon.

Maybe Split, but I have a boner for this city
>>
to all the budaposters, what would you actually do for a week in budapest? And why couldn't you do it an any other given city listed ITT?
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 624x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 624x416px
>>1264128
Yeah it's the foreign hipster tourists that are ruining Berlin..Berlin hasn't been worth visiting since 1944
>>
>>1264369
i'm a budaposter, but like, i like all european capitals i've been to, so...

anyway, budapest vs the rest: budapest has got a good mix of everything. old and modern, habsburg and soviet, roman and turkish, hills and caves, concrete and glass. chill and sleep in, or drink till you pass out on the sidewalk. go to a bathhouse to hang out on a friday at midnight. stare at the biggest synagogue of the region, or look down at the city from the northernmost islamic pilgrimage site (should reopen soon). idk it's nothing extremely interesting, just a huge list of random stuff thrown together. pinball museum, house of terror, escape rooms, etc. it's also quite cheap. they use the town to act as munich or paris in american movies, so you can imagine that it's not totally ugly.
>>
>>1264379
the point i was trying to make is that while you can see and experience those things in other towns, too, it's rare that you have all of that in one place.
>>
>>1264369
>>1264379
Main argument for Prague is that it is smaller and more compact thus making it easier to see in a few days. Those who prefer Budapest say it is more laid back, and has better bars etc. + ornate comfy bathhouses.

>>1264355
>Lisbon or Buda
Those are a bit far from eachother to split don't you think?
>>
>>1264387
idk even for hungarians prague is a top destination.... it's freaking beautiful, but i would think it's a bit more of a disneyland vibe than budapest. so if you like disneyland, you will highly prefer prague. budapest also has some tourist-only bits (although i cannot think of one outside the váci utca restaurant traps), but has more places in the center that are actually frequented by locals, compared to prague.

also wizzair has low cost flights to lisbon.
>>
>>1264395
As a murrican I cringe whenever I hear the word flight because it means big bucks, but I will check out wizzair and see what I can find.

Thank you for the info.
>>
>>1260235
Prague all the fucking way
>>
Vienna every time
>>
>>1264387
I meant Split, a city in Croatia
>>
>>1264500
kek
>>
>>1264369
if I were a tourist in Budapest, I would definitely visit a bath, go to the Budapest Zoo, see the Budapest History Museum and the Aquincum Museum, visit the Medieval ruins on Margaret Island and sip a few beers on one of its piers overlooking the Parliament building, take a hike to the city's highest peak on János Hill and take in the view from the Elizabeth Lookout Tower, spend a day wandering around Castle Hill, visit some of the historic market halls scattered across downtown Pest, do some caving, check out some of the city's famous ruin bars, see a free jazz concert in the Budapest Jazz Club, and if there's enough time, I would also take the H5 suburban train to Szentendre, a cute baroque town north of the city
>>
>>1260613
I've told plenty of girls i didn't want a relationship and still ended up fucking them. Trust me, your problem isn't that you're "too direct," it's that you're not good looking enough to be worth an fwb situation with no future.
>>
>>1260235
Krakow, Poland. I have been living here for 12 years now and I still love it. There is plenty to do in the City and in the surrounding area. But yeah, Budapest is also a grat choice.
>>
>>1260249
Dont visit the Anne Frank house its a scam.

You stand in line for 1 or 2 hours to pay 8 euros walk up some stairs see a smal room with holocaust pictures en then they try to sell you that shitty fake diary.
What a ''fun'' day that was.

Mcdonalds is just as expensive as normal food in Amsterdam.
>>
>>1264761
That actually sounds like a pretty good souvenir, but Amsterdam sounds like a shitty place to go on a tight budget.
It's a blow your cash wad city.
>>
>>1260235
Lisbon.

Fantastic food, great history museums and sites, accessible and clean coastline, beautiful architecture and the biggest bargain in Western Europe.

English is also much wider and willingly spoken than say Paris or Madrid (the latter, as someone who lives here, would also be a great choice)
>>
>>1264771
Its not cheap but its not Insanely expensive.
I would say mid-tier.
Also depends on what you want to do ofcourse.

You can eat great local stuff you just have to look through all the tourist traps

Delicious meatballs in old school bars. Turns out Amsterdam makes great meatballs WHO THE FUCK KNEW THAT!

A delicious hand made ice cream and pastry shop in the middle of the shopping streets surrounded by big clothing stores and tourist nutella and waffles shit stores.
You will blow a load in your pants when you taste that creamy goodness in your mouth and cheap as fuck too!

1200 bucks for a week is doable in Amsterdam for sure.

JUST DONT VISIT THE ANNE FRANK HOUSE!
>>
>>1264813
Nope, I would not have guessed Dutch meatballs were noteworthy.

Any specific resturants names you'd recommend? You sound like a knowledgeable lad.
>>
>>1264816
The meatball place is called De Ooienvaar, in the Utrechtsestraat. I found it because I was walking along a canal and kept walking and suddenly I saw it and I was hungry.

The tiny ice cream place is called Van Den Linden. Its near central station.

But thats just lunch and a snack. Let me think about restaurants and ill get back to you later.
>>
>>1262519

>Eastern and Southern Coasts

Rainy, Mild

>Madrid & the rest of central Spain (ie. La Meseta)

Covered in snow, overall coldest region due to higher altitudes;

>Northern Coast

Rainy and cold, though warmer than above
>>
>>1260604
I'm in budapest right now with my non Hungarian friends and my one asian friend who gets no play back home just ended a 7 year streak. The meme is bs
>>
>>1260613
My country's women are terrified of being called "whores", so they act like they're hot shit, even if they're ugly or fat. If you try to make a move, they act like they're superior and make it incredibly hard. If someone is watching, they just downright ghost you.

When I was in France, just smiling at a cute girl, made them blush and look back. They're not easy, they're sensible, open people.
>>
>>1265425
Are you from Australia?
>>
>>1261164
You can go to any city in europ and find a belguim beer bar. Thats all of it
>>
>>1264354
barcelona is just a tourist trap
full of tourists
>>
bumping lisbon
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.