[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, how's South Africa? My gf wants to go there on holyday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: SouthAfrica42.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SouthAfrica42.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Guys, how's South Africa? My gf wants to go there on holyday but i read very conflicting opinions about the place. We're talking about Johannesburg and Cape Town, are they safe? I heard of a lot of racial tension and violence in the streets, so i wanted to know if it's tourist-friendly
>>
>>1259970
Cape Town calling. For tourists who are not complete idiots, it's safe. There's not a whole lot to see in Jo'berg; it's mostly popular for shopping and nightlife. Cape Town is a much more attractive tourist destination, and see if you can visit some of the national parks like Kruger. Where you go really depends on what you two are interested in; Cape Town and the winelands region are great for food and wine and sightseeing. If you're into nature or surfing there's plenty of options, too.

You don't wander around the streets drunk late at night here, you drive from A to B, but if you're American you'll be used to that anyway I imagine. And If you stand in the middle of the street looking like a clueless tourist people will take advantage of you, but most violence happens in very poor areas that you would have no reason to go to.
>>
>>1260006
As a black American what is the best way to look like a local black South African?

Certain types of shoes? Clothes? Hair cut?
>>
>>1260034
No shoes, dirty clothes, dish washer in mouth.
>>
>>1260042
>dish washer in mouth.
Like soap? Or a cloth used to clean dishes?

>no shoes
Not gonna happen, stepping on a syringe in SA would be suicide.
>>
>>1260034
haha nigger
>>
Mods do your fucking "job" before this place becomes as bad as /int/ and /pol/. Why don't you add something on the sticky directing people to go to /int/, /pol/ or /bant/ if they want to be childish racists?

>>1260034
I'd say fashion; you need to get a sense of it while you're down here, but it's quite different from the US. The African dandy influence is much stronger. But you will always be recognized or quickly discovered as a member of the "African diaspora", not as a local. You won't have any trouble as a tourist, though.
>>
>>1260070
Thanks anon.

>African dandy
I have never heard of such a thing but I will look into it and where to buy appropriate attire
>>
>>1259970
Been to South Africa twice, once for 5 weeks back in 04, again in 2010 for the World Cup. Had a blast both times.

Cape Town is amazing, beautiful city, lots to do. Johannesburg is a bit less interesting and certainly feels more rundown and less safe.

I never felt unsafe at all in Cape Town, though we stayed south of the city proper, down near Noordhoek. It was easy/cheap to get a rental car and head into the city to do stuff.

It was also my experience that everybody was pretty friendly towards me as an American on both trips. Use a bit of common sense and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1260070
We need and sticky so you can know to go the fuck back to tumblr dumb cunt. This is 4chan
>>
File: SouthAfrica.png (724KB, 1009x768px) Image search: [Google]
SouthAfrica.png
724KB, 1009x768px
>>1259970
Avoid.
>>
>>1260133
We need underaged virgins from /pol/ like you to stay there.
>>
>>1259970
>My gf wants to go there on holyday

OP...
>>
>>1260055
t. salty white boi
>>
>>1260034
as another black american, and in all honesty, what kind of question is that?
>>
>>1259970
>My gf wants to go there on holyday
>>1260810

Red flag, OP.

>>1261023
based XD
srsly tho, yes, this is one of the few sane replies

>>1260138
This. Race war soon.
>>
>>1260070
Don't know who's worse, guys like this >>1260055, or the perpetually offended whenever someone makes a remark that could be construed as offensive to their pet brown people.
>>
>my gf wants to go there
Lol. Guranteed replies
>>
>>1260070
Racism isn't childish, it's necessary. At the risk of saying "no u" your egalitarian worldview is childish, as you think "love will save the worrld" and that everyone around the world is the same and equal, ironic considering this is a travel board
>>
>>1260070
Fuck you, cuck

Trv needs the 4chin spirit
>>
File: yougonnagetkanged.jpg (169KB, 481x640px) Image search: [Google]
yougonnagetkanged.jpg
169KB, 481x640px
>>1260034
look like this, mate.
>>
>>1260174

Is this your first day on 4chan?
>>
Mods.Step up. This is /trv. Not a bitter-board.
>>
>>1260042
>>1260055

MODS MODS MODS

/Trv/ is not /pol/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.