[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm heading to Hong Kong in September, most of trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So, I'm heading to Hong Kong in September, most of trip is already planned. I just need a list of the best places to shop and some things that might not be as well known.

I'm most interested in shopping for Electronics and maybe some used cameras.
>>
Champagne Court for cameras
>>
>>1256761
To to Tsuen Wan. There's a market with lots of cheap goods and counterfeit goods in the area.
>>
>>1256761
>I'm most interested in shopping for Electronics
Sham Shui Po has Golden Dragon Arcade.
Monk Kok Computer Centre is also good.
I like this store for PC parts:
www.jumbo-computer.com/main.aspx

Order in advance and pick up and pay cash.
>>
Where are you staying Anon? I'm looking for accommodation for 10 days at the end of August/Beginning of September.
>>
>>1258261
What's your budget?

Anyone in town now would be able to check the prices for iPhone SE or iPhone 7 in computer centres? Cheers!
>>
>>1258327
Well, not dirt poor but I need a private room, probably not Chunking or Mirador Mansions because I'm a 6'4 giant.

I've been hunting around AirBnB but there's some deals that look to good to be true. Stuff with no or very little reviews, which are all positive and in Cantonese.
>>
>>1258529
Private, legit and extremely well located for the price: mini hotel central.
Super tiny tho but worth checking.
>>
>>1258529
You still haven't posted your budget. You can get quite nice rooms for about HK$700. Anything below that is going to be mini-hotel standards.
>>
>>1259791
About $1000 CAD, sorry for the delay.
>>
Hong Kong has two notable amusement parks.

Hong Kong Disneyland (near the airport): visitors have complained about it being smaller than other Disneyland park clones around the world, but that also translates into smaller crowds. There are a few major attractions there that are unique to it that can't be found in other Disney Parks, such as Mystic Manor and Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars.

Ocean Park Hong Kong (on the southern edge of Hong Kong Island): much of the park is situated on a cliff overlooking the ocean, and they have several roller coasters bolted to the sides of mountains. If you do that one, definitely do the Hair Raiser roller coaster. It's manufacturer, Bolliger & Mabillard of Switzerland, is the Rolls Royce of the roller coaster industry. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xfhspqJzZQ
>>
>>1259795
Honestly cheap out on the room. I'll never understand unless your just balling with money why you'd spend a shit ton on a room that you should be doing no more than sleeping or banging in.

Anyway I recently stayed at the Wharney in Wan Chai and it was decent and cheap. Don't know the exact price as it was a school package but google says its around $70ish dollars a night. If you go the route check out the Dog House pub across the street.
>>
>>1256761
It's worth it to stay at the Ritz Carlton on the top floors of the ICC for a night or two. It's pricey but not outrageous, I got a room for a bit under $450/night
>>
>>1256761
consider getting bespoke business shirts or suits

shirts will take about a week to make, so first thing you go there get the measurements done and place order.

I went to www.bonhamstrand.hk
a shirt was about 60 usd iirc
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.