[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have experience with Workaway or something like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Do any of you have experience with Workaway or something like this? How did you like it? Would you recommend it?
>>
A Czech babe I met was doing it in Taipei for two weeks at a hostel and got to stay for free.

She thought it was okay but she had no idea what she was getting into and it was actually shitty work like cleaning bathrooms and crap. And when she left she accidentally needed to stay an extra night and they fucked her over and charged her full price.

Overall seems okay but make sure the place you're going has good reviews and be prepared to actually work and not get to do much of the tourist thing.
>>
>>1255643
With workaway yes. You have to pay for the membershit, at the time it was one year. Once you are in you can contact the hosts which can be searchen by country or by work. Some offer are just "we need a free workslave", but mist offers are genuine.

You need to set a profile to present youself. Good host offers will give you clear instructions about your time. If you both agree, you are gof to go.
>>
I've never done Workaway, but my female friends who've done Woofing say like 40% of the jobs are creepy old guys trying to fuck them, 40% are couples looking for slave labor, with the remaining 20% being pretty ok. Your experience as a solo male will probably be completely different though fwiw
>>
It's great. I did a workaway style job in Malaysia working at a hostel for a month. Became best friends with all the workers and the owner, fell in love with the interior decorator, partied a ton, discovered psychic powers. 10/10 would recommend.

The work is only 4 hours a day. You get a free place to stay and hopefully some meals and stuff. Just choose a place you want to be in for a while. I've seen some cool ones working out in monasteries or on eco-projects if you like quieter places. It's obviously better if you work for a cool person, most are. I've also met travelers that exclusively moved through countries via workaway. Find one working with something you enjoy or in an area you want to develop. If it sucks you can just leave.
>>
Planning on using it this summer
From what I've seen is the best thing to do is to make sure you know exactly what the host expects and dont be afraid to let them know what you expect
>>
And what if the job I start turns out to be some slavery scam or whatever?
Am I just free to go or am I anyhow obliged to stay there?
>>
>>1256514
Nah just fuck off if you can

You can tell 99%of the time by the listing they have. If it seems dodgy it likely is

Look at the language they use, actually really look at it. It's telling. They have in their head what they want you to do..so if it's all about work work work work,you know they want to treat you as a worker.

If they mention in detail things to do in spare time, about themselves, the perks... You know they are well rounded and will treat you as a person

If the listing is rushed, lacks details and is vague...then you know it's someone who doesn't value the listing and sees it as a shortcut to free workforce

If it's detailed and explains themselves and the position then it's a good sign

Use your feelings, view the pictures and check tags on social media to see who was there before too if there aren't many reviews

But mine was great. I could tell the shit ones a mile away. And had a friend who ended up in a bad position and just left.

What are they gonna do...worst is they can leave you a bad review.

Maybe if you're going somewhere remote. This did happen me,but other people helped me,said fuck the owner he's not a nice guy you are. Got a bus out of there and moved on. Set me back with some hostel rentals but hey ho, that's part of it

It changed my life btw, like so positive. Go for it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.