[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to SA in a few months, im from europe. anyone here 18-23

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: sa.png (17KB, 1145x828px) Image search: [Google]
sa.png
17KB, 1145x828px
Moving to SA in a few months, im from europe.

anyone here 18-23 and would like to chat? maybe meet up if it went will. Wont know any others bar family going over and would like to know what im getting into. Thanks!
>>
>>1254621
why on earth are you moving to south africa as a european?! South African whites are really having a hard time. te government repeatedly calls for whites to have all their shit stolen and the obly real reason they havent is because the boers live in largely isolated societies and are prepared to defend them.

Its a shame because johannesburg was a nice city 20 years ago and south africa is beautiful. I cant imagine visiting now.
>>
>>1254631
Im going to meet my father, he left me as a child and ive only been talking to him since i turned 17. im 18 now with my own money. So i want to meet my father. Thats the only reason, and for reasons id rather not get into i have to leave my country atm.
>>
File: 1494618841755.jpg (19KB, 448x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494618841755.jpg
19KB, 448x480px
>>1254621
Enjoy the communist takeover and subsequent collapse of the country into just another african warlord run shithole.
>>
>>1254761
>>1254761
I can always leave with nothing stopping me. but yeah, i can see it turning into zimbabwe no.2
>>
>>1254621
>I cant imagine visiting now.
facepalm over scared snowflake

>>1254621
I am in South Africa now. Not 18-23 and generally not interested in bonding experiences, but ask away.

Staying in Sea Point, the jewish Casablanca.

The place is stunning. Stay in a safe place (sea point, green point, peninsula). It is quite cheap. Food is outstanding. People, whether white or black or brown, are extremely friendly. If you make some money here, you can have a very cool lifestyle.
>>
>>1254621
do you have a death wish anon?
>>
>>1254957
You qouted the wrong person, i never said that.

Im moving to around claremonth, rondebosch, southern suburbs basically. Yeah ive some money going over and my job can work anywhere.. I also have employment but yet to find a good career.

General safety questions i have, being mugged? what areas not to go to? what to do if see police? what are people my age like? what do they usually do? is there a good 'club' life? How are the women? just any advice in general is appreciated.
>>1254996
No. but given my age, tend to usually not think or care about that.
>>
>>1255010
Ah, sorry about the misquote, I meant this snowflake >>1254631

Claremont and Rondebosch are nice burbs Rondebosch is where the university is. Generally you do not take walks there at night though. This town is not for nocturnal walks generally. Just do as the locals do, and you'll be fine. If you want to be even safer you move down the peninsula to places like Simon's Town or Scarborough. That is safe as houses.

Areas not to go are pretty obvious. The main ghettoes are Khaelitsha and Guguletu and the like, but you won't end up there by mistake.

Why would you be scared of seeing police? You a smoker? It is semi-legalized now, but you could still get busted.

White people your age are generally either preppy or stonerish, with thousand yard stares. Surfing is big. Getting very stoned is big. Outdoor sports as well. They are generally friendlier than people in Europe or the US.

Seems to be a good EDM-scene if you know where to look, but you generally don't drift between places. You know where to go and you take a car/uber there. Women are fit and friendly.
>>
>>1255014
Sounds good, im not really walking around at night and will have car, trying to not walk around usually for safety reasons.

Yeah thats how i felt, just felt maybe driving around when i get there i might end up somewhere like that? whats the course of action there. drive very fast and hope? haha.

Yeah, im a smoker, quite a big smoker but functional and level headed ' not dude bro xD ' 'lazy' ect. Just i have that 'look' where i got stopped allot. apparently, its just ' my face '. Ill be smoking at home , not in public anyway so thats not a concern. i just mean being white and 'standing out' am i likely to be harrased ect.

Have a thousand yard stare sadly but not apart of stoner culture, im not from a wealthy backround at all, council estates so im not preppy. i dont mind surfing but not a huge intrest, more cars and mma. I like raving a good bit dho. That clears up allot of worrys. Thank you.

Any suggestions on where to meet friends ect? Im not socially retarted or anything, but different culture so not sure whats fine or not.
>>
>>1255064
Look out to see where the students hang out in Rondebosch, you'll get friends in no-time. You might even consider enrolling for some classes. Just Google UCT Campus. It is one of the most stunning Unis on the planet, for sure.

You'll be fine with the smoking. You might still get busted when buying, but when you know the right people you will never get busted. It is actually decriminalised now. You are legally allowed to smoke in your home since about 2 months back.

There must be some cool EDM clubs around. I just arrived (third time in SA) but this is the first time in the city. Gonna find out what's available and then I might return to the thread.

If you wanna meet cool people, go hang out at the bar-street in Woodstock. It is near the Uni and the entire area is full of resident students. It is actually a place you might want to consider living in.
>>
>>1255073
Yeah i looked it up, seems amazing just wont be studying there.

Yeah i seen that but still early days yet, espically for being caught with it in everyday life. Another SA told me allot of them pay off the cops so once theyve done that then you should be fine.

Yeah that would be appreciated bro.

Yeah ill check out there too, thanks man.
>>
>>1254621
South African here, yeah people complain about SA but actually I think we extremely friendly to foreigners. I'd be willing to talk, answer any questions
>>
Era in CT will be the best for EDM
>>
>>1254761
They said communists were going to take over when Mandela came but all government run things have been privatized.The only thing to worry about if the wrong people get land they don't know how to use like in Zimbabwe. Tax the farmers but don't throw them off the land. This from a long time anti-apartheid fighter.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.