[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well it looks like it's happening. My dad is in Hawaii right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Well it looks like it's happening. My dad is in Hawaii right now looking at a house he could buy with his crypto monies. Once the dogs rabies shot results come through we could move over there (from California). The spot is not right on the water but you can see the water from some of the pictures, I think its just a few minutes away, and it's also like 20-30 min south of Hilo on the Big Island.

What am I getting into? What's living in Hawaii like?

I used to surf, and longboard everywhere, but I'm disabled now so I won't be able to take advantage of most of the outdoorsy benefits. I hope there's some anime/comics or /tg/ shops or something but I don't hold out much hope for many 4chan posting types to be living there.
>>
>>1254378

I'm from Hawaii. If you're disabled, the Big Island offers nothing for you. Every island outside of Oahu is like living in the boonies — beautiful boonies, but boonies nonetheless. Nothing around but some mcdonalds and some assholes driving big trucks. There may be, like, a gamestop in Hilo, but that's about it.
>>
>>1254390
>beautiful boonies, but boonies nonetheless.
That sounds like where I live now in the red area pretty much. Haven't left town for more than a few hours in like 3 years, 10,000 total population. I think Silicon Valley is about 30-45min away, and San Francisco the same.

I mean obviously Hilo isn't Silicon Valley but....surely there's something of note there? I guess since I won't be moving around much anyway there can't be that big a change, but I'm hopefully gonna get better at some point so there's that as well.

What's different about Oahu? I can tell my dad that island would be my preference and look at spots there instead. This doesn't sound appealing at all though lol:
>Nothing around but some mcdonalds and some assholes driving big trucks. There may be, like, a gamestop in Hilo, but that's about it.
>>
>be OP
>am a musician as well so figure ok why don't i go look at the craigslist postings for the big island see what there is
>PIC
>FUCKING
>RELATED

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/muc/6149522245.html
>>
>>1254402
greeting half moon bay bro.

hilo sucks. racist unemployed locals hate whitey and the whole city is rundown as fuck. south of there is okay, but isolated. and that's where lava's been flowing recently. shoulda gone kona-it's growing fast as hell with good services and is actually clean and friendly.

oh, and healthcare on hawaii is damn near 3rd world, so i hope your disability doesn't need ongoing treatment.
>>
>>1254493
Aloha anon

Disability is chronic fatigue syndrome and the treatment is fuck all atm so not even an issue

Not gonna lie the lava flowing thing was a giant FLAMING RED FLAG lol, my dad seems really dead set on this area idea why

I'll tell him to hit up some kona spots while he's there, being totally isolated isn't ideal, I'd rather be closer to the big city in my present state than farther,although I do love the quieter atmosphere in my small town
>>
Apparently he didn't want to look at kona because people were saying the air is really bad boy and such....

Is hilo really that bad?
>>
Also question about the other islands. Are there suitable and cool spots on the other islands like say Maui? Like with stuff to do within a concentrated area,but maybe not completely developed like Honolulu or whatever
>>
>>1254505
>>1254510
se hawaii is "classic" hawaii, for lack of a better phrase-small cabins scattered through tropical forest and coconut palms by the beach. conversely kona and the nw coast are damn near a desert, though heading south or up the hill will get you to green pretty quick. kona's still small by california standards (maybe 30k people?) and it's definitely still on island time, but it has a target and cost plus and as long as you aren't a cunt you won't get stared down walking around town. and fucking vog retards. it's literally nothing, just something people blame their random ailments on; everyone on the island will be fine except one moron with a headache who decides the vog must be real bad today.sinc

can't speak for any other islands, since i have family on the big island that's the only one i go to. and as far as comparing speed of life, i live about an hour south of you, so i know about what you're used to.
>>
>>1254512

Kona, Kahului (Maui), and Honolulu are the only places with any actual life going on. The other towns are so small that it's not even worth thinking about them. They all have modern amenities, but they're just really fucking small.

Disabled anon I would definitely suggest Oahu if you're worried at all about being isolated. The other islands are chill as fuck, but as someone born and raised in Hawaii, I'd lose my shit if I were on any other island besides Oahu.

Also yes, Hilo really is that bad. Personally I think it's the worst place in all of the islands. Super wet and rainy, nothing is there, dreary is fuck, boring... It feels like the feeling you get when you read Heart of Darkness. There's a jungle-crazy you get there that I never get anywhere else in Hawaii
>>
Thanks for the help anon. Lot to think about.
>>
>>1255214
good luck convincing your dad. i suggest you make up with a better source than "2 invisible strangers from the asshole of the internet" if you quote us. :)
>>
>>1254378
bruh you will want to live on Oahu. About 75% of the population lives there and The Bus travels all over the island so you can easily get to where you need to. It's a bit expensive but it's gonna be the best island for you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.