[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to go learn languages abroad, something like an intensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1457062479251.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457062479251.webm
3MB, 640x480px
I want to go learn languages abroad, something like an intensive summer course or similar. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of thing?
>>
yeah it was super fun, go find a program you can afford
>>
File: funnykid.png (55KB, 133x171px) Image search: [Google]
funnykid.png
55KB, 133x171px
>>1254173
The Klingon Language Institute offers courses
https://www.kli.org/
>>
>>1254173
>I want to go learn languages abroad

Do it at home for a year and THEN go abroad.
Anything different than that is a huge waste of time.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvish_languages
>>
>>1254494
>>1254534
100% agree with both, I took a language course abroad for 2 months, I'd really would like to do it again someday. But there were people there who didn't know any of the language at ALL before they came and their time would've been so much better spent if they had just a little preparation, even if it was just Duolingo or something.
>>
>>1254173

I just got done with studying Spanish for a month while living with a host family in Guatemala. It's a great experience if you're fine with giving up a few things since you'll be in a third world country (well, at least in my case).
>>
I've done it twice, China and Vietnam. Both trips organised by my uni, run in the summer break. Each was worth a semester credit too.
>>
>>1254173
Yes I have. I studied German in Berlin during the summer. It was an intensive course Mon-Thurs 3 hours a day. Cost 225€/month

If you do anything below B1 classes don't expect to ACTUALLY learn the language of choice. It's usually full of fresh off the boat refugees that half ass come to class or hippie backpackers looking for something to occupy them and for a way to meet other people in the city.

If you do B1+ classes your instructor will be a bit more "strict" and attempt to teach you. You will have homework each day and aren't required to do it but you'd be wasting your money and look like a jackass in class the next day. Also, the people in B1+ classes are either foreign students improving their language skills or people who have been living in the country 10+ years and on welfare.

I did A1.2-A2.1 from July to August and then B1.2-B2.1 February to March. During the summer it's mostly foreign students and backpackers while during the off months it's foreign wives, refugees, and welfare leeches.

Any questions ask away
>>
Best way to really learn to a useful level is to hook up with women that don't speak that language. Turns out Colombia is full of stunning women that like white guys but don't speak a word of English themselves.

So, go down to a random city in Colombia (really anything except Medellin - maybe Pereira, Manizales, or even Bogota would work). Spend a month there in very intensive courses and then you'll be able to hold a conversation, and from there you'll be able to get to a decent level just by dating.
>>
>>1254173
I went to Korea and six months language school (two semesters). I can speak conversational level by now and have many friends who can't speak English.

Prepare before going and read up on the quality of schools. In Korea many of the top universities just offered language courses as quick money grabs. We met guys that studied for over a year but couldn't understand or hold a conversation (Yonseifags)
>>
>>1254173
Did it in Cuernavaca, Mexico.

Some of the best memories of my life and really helped me learn. It's a very reputable school. I went through the University of Minnesota my senior year. No idea how much it cost/costs.
>>
>>1255593
What language school do you recommend?
>>
>>1255146
>>1255997

i've been thinking about learning spanish in spain because i want to sound pompous but i love latin america, should i do it there instead?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.