[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /nofriends/ but wants to see the world? Ive always wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 4kNsciS_1_.jpg (139KB, 1015x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4kNsciS_1_.jpg
139KB, 1015x1024px
Who else /nofriends/ but wants to see the world? Ive always wanted to travel but I have no one to go with. Does anyone have experience going on vacation alone? Is it more/less enjoyable that way?
>>
Very limited amount of friends, none of which are too keen of traveling.
Still planning on hoboing across the globe next month. Talked to some people who did travel a lot too, also mostly alone. They usually say it's better if you want to force yourself to talk to people of other cultures and you can always decide for yourself what you do.
Probably also depends in what you wanna do exactly.
Hiking through mountains and forests for example can actually be a lot more dangerous if you don't have anyone else around.
>>
>>1251980
I have friends but they're all shitty travel companions, so I'm mostly in your spot. The only real way to travel is alone. You're more free and can immerge more into the surroundings.
>>
>>1251980
Yea I have shitloads of friends but travelling alone is essentially the only option since most of them are up to their eyes in debt for stupid shit and educations debts etc.

It works out cheaper and easier to travel alone. If you ever travel with a woman you'll never worry about travelling alone again.
>>
>>1252000
>If you ever travel with a woman you'll never worry about travelling alone again.

Because women are a nightmare to travel with it gives you appreciation for traveling alone?
>>
>>1252001
Yeah.
>>
File: Capture.png (288KB, 382x360px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
288KB, 382x360px
>>1251980
Well depends on your personality.
If you are social type and need to have a conversation often, use hostels/couchsurfing etc. for travel contacts. Or if you are to old for that, use group travels.

If you are more the anti-social type, traveling alone has the advantage that you won't hear:
it is too far, i am tired, it is too cold, it is too hot, etc.

Would recommend to do a day trip in your country or a weekend to check if you are comfortable alone. Do not just hop on another continent only to figure out you can't make it alone and get homesick.
>>
>visit USA
>sit next to cool guy from india
>get off airplane with light hand luggage
>go through customs behind friendly sikh guy with turban
>All of the TSA officers pull M16's on the sikh guy
>Fire 16 shots into guys chest while screaming 'Murrrica
>I walk through the unattended gate
>a large black woman stops me
>"mmmmm mmmmmmmmm watchoo think YO goin"
>rapes my arse with gloves
>says she was looking for a bottle water that was the wrong size
>leave through narrow hallway of advertisements and people trying to get me to sign up for online university
>go to bus stop
>bus is leaving
>run for bus
>people on mobility scooters turn to me in disgust
>"oh my god he's exercising, somebody call 911"
>block me from running with their mobility scooters
>miss bus
>police arrive, tell me to get down on the ground
>I do as im told, "Im just a tourist, im innocent"
>"he's resisting arrest" they shout, as they taser me and search my bag
>after they find nothing, i offer my passport as ID
>police officer says "whats this?"
>"my passport, for leaving and entering countries"
>"you kidding me? now why would anyone need one of these?!" he said
>officer sprays pepper spray in my eyes and tells me to be on my way
>a mobility scooter rolls just into the road
>officer tickets him for jay-scooting
>go wait for another bus
>people ask why im crying, tell them about the pepper spray
>peppered steak? their eyes light up
>"no, Mace" i say
>"oh". everyone offers me xanax and a variety of pain meds
>take 2, ask if they have some water
>turn to each other like "whats water?"
>"you know, to drink?" I respond
>"oh you mean coca cola" they say
>woman opens bag and takes out bottle of diet cola
>takes out bag of sugar and pours it into the diet cola
>"here drink this, anon"
>swallow xanax with sugar saturated coca cola and board bus
>bus has mini-escalator instead of steps
>bus ticket has free coupon for plastic surgery on the back
>every time bus pulls into a stop everybody claps
>>
>>1252016
>get off bus and go to meet US friends at restaurant
>menu has no meals, only ridiculous challenges to eat large amounts in 1hr for your money back
>Waiter comes to the table
>What can i get for you gentlemen this evening?
>I politely request to order a touch after everyone else.
>first friend orders cheese burger with fries and a 12oz steak with extra mashed potatoes
>second friend order full rack of ribs, pulled pork sammie (his vernacular for sandwhich) marcaronite and heees, and deep fried pickles
>15 min later, water returns with our food
>friend asks me if i want to try a fry
>say sure, grab one and gently pour ketchup onto it
>he looks at me in confusion
>asks me what I'm doing
>starts pounding bottle of ketchup into a seperate bowl he requested
>empties another one into the bowl
>asks the waiter for a third bottle and empties it into the bowl
>grabs a handfull of fries, oil dripping down his arm as he squeezes them
>starts moving them around the table making airplane noises
>BRRRRRRRRRRRM, WOOOOOOO, VOOOOOOSH
>dunks them into the bowl of ketchup, entire fist is stained red
>has to forcefully shove them into his mouth as to make sure none of them drop
>tell me "that's how ain't no faggot eats sum fries in uhblub MURRCA"
>other friend says "praise jesus"
>other friend starts clapping
>a grotesquely overblown piggu-man splinters his chair to get out of it
>"HOLY GOSPEL HALLALUJA AND THE PENTACO- he dies from a heart attack
>soon the entire restaurant is clapping
>first friend is laughing his fat arse off from the poor man who just died
>zoom in on his face in slow motion " HUA HUA HUA " chunks of potatoes flying out
>man in 10 gallon hat walks up to our table and starts shooting revolvers into the ceiling screaming "YEEEE HAWW"
>kindly ask waitress if I can order just a caesar salad or something similar
>waiter calls manager who pulls a light machine gun on me
>>
>>1252018
>"sir i am unarmed and mean no harm, please put down your gun" i stumble
>"stop trying to take away my freedoms" he screams
>he fires gun across restaurant in a sweeping motion
>i dive out of the line of fire and sprint out the exit
>decide to go back to my hotel and order pizza
>pizza arrives, its 50 inches and appears to have an unopened bag of crisps baked right into the crust
>"that will be $200 or free if you eat it in one hour" says the driver
>eat three slices and give him $200
>he doesnt leave
>"whats the matter?" i ask
>"i'm waiting for a tip"
>pass him $20 and he leaves
>decide i've had enough and leave
>battle through oceans of mobility scooters to get to the airport
>a soft cumulonimbus cloud decides to form
>flight delayed 10 hours
>USA, never again.
>>
>>1251980
I've travelled with friends before, and by myself much more often. Of the friends I've travelled with, there are only a couple I'd go with again. Most of them, no chance - great friends, terrible travel companions.

Go solo. You'll have the flexibility to do what you want, when you want, without needing to check plans with anyone else. Decide to blow off whatever plans you had in favour of a lazy day? No problem. Decide that rather than going to X you're gonna skip town and go to Y instead? Sure, why not.

Want to meet people? Stay in hostels, there'll always be people to chat to if you want, and you can often make plans with them for later that day/the following day - on my last trip, I checked into a hostel, and about 15 minutes later joined a German girl in exploring the city for the next few hours.

Don't want to stay in a hostel? If it's the dorm aspect, there're private rooms available at most, so you can still take advantage of the common areas to meet people, while having your own space to go back to for sleeping etc. If you're against them completely and still want to meet people, take the free walking tours (often paid for with a tip at the end) that are on offer in most places. You'll have a couple of hours being shown around the city to get your bearings, and plenty of people that you can speak with who are also visiting.

Don't want to meet anyone at all? Easily done, just don't do the above and you can have your days/nights to yourself.
>>
>>1252019
Back to /pol/
>>
>>1251980
The other anons basically nailed it by now. There are many pluses of traveling with somebody else, but there's a lot of downsides as well.

And one more thing - a lot of people I made traveling plans with have bailed out just before the planned date. like, 90% of the time. So if you find somebody to go with you, just don't expect they are actually going to do so. Be prepared to go alone anyway.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.