[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why this is a bad idea. I have never traveled and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pevek.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pevek.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Tell me why this is a bad idea.

I have never traveled and I have gotten this idea in my head that I really want to do. I want to visit chukotka. (remote place in far nothern russia.) its mostly abandoned and a lot of it was built for mining in the gulags. I want to fly into pevek, then rent a truck and drive down to Elgygytgyn Lake
>>
>>1251403
cuz it's russia and KGB will be after u
>>
>I have never traveled
This is why it's a bad idea. Chances are you won't find travel as fun as you had imagined and you'll be stuck waiting for your return flight after wasting tons of time and money on tickets and paperwork. Especially since your first trip would be quite ambitious.
But then again, it might be a blast. As for the idea itself, all that matters is whether you think it's fun, even if most would find it retarded.
>>
>>1251405
not if you make friend with kgb
>>
>>1251403
am I banned?
>>
>>1251410
Yes
>>
>>1251403

Because 99% of people who post stupid fantasy-wank garbage on /trv/ are pussies who never make it off their computer.
>>
>>1251403
follow your dreams man,
even if it means you die trying
>>
>>1251405
I'm the guy with the Kyrgyzstan thread, and here the original oldschool KGB still exists. One of them is now a firm friend. They have absolutely no interest in the average tourist. Unless you have several million under your belt and could be there for nefarious reasons, you'll be left alone. I'm informed that the NSB in Russia are of the same mind.
>>
>>1251403
You sure you wanna go to what sounds like the least tourist friendly trip ever on your first vacation? I doubt the siberian mining community is gonna be overly helpful to some clueless western dorist. Probably forget it if you don't speak Russian.
>>
>>1251403
I actually am going to Kamchatka and northern Siberia next summer. If you want to go we can duo
>>
>>1251480
This.

Yes, it's possible OP, but don't be so obtuse. You 100% know that this is a silly idea for a first-time traveler, you just want to do it to prove something to yourself or someone else. You don't want to put in the time it takes to work up to that level, so you just grab a mouthful, choke or barely swallow it, then pat yourself on the back for it.

In short, it's obviously over-ambitious. And don't take that as a compliment, I mean it in a "he's too stupid to know any better" kind of way.

Go on a couple shorter, more approachable trips first. Be sensible. You'll enjoy it more when you have the experience points to enjoy it at all, rather than slog from location to location, asking for help or aimlessly wandering, thinking "Well I'm here, and it looks just as shitty as it did in that picture. Traveling sucks"
>>
That seems like a pretty bad idea. I want to visit really remote frozen hellscapes too, but I'm thinking of probably starting with Alaska or Canada so at least the people speak English. I've also always wanted to see Lake Baikal too, though.
>>
>>1251583
Its not to prove anything. I got obsessed with it when I went to china last year (OK I lied, I have traveled some), and flying over these areas really intrigued me. miles and miles of just mountains and rivers with no sign of life at all.

Now I obsessively look at this area on google earth and the autonomous okrugs are just calling to me. Partly for the scenery but also partly for the postapocalyptic feel of abandoned mining towns and factories.
>>
>>1252731
also Elygytykyn lake (or whatever the fuck its called) is very unique and has some unique biology and shit going on. also a crater lake.
>>
this HAS to be the worst board on 4chan other than some dumb anime shit

you don't see people in /sp/ say "I've never picked up a baseball but I'm planning on joining the big leagues - tell me why this is a bad idea"
and yet you see threads like this every day.
jesus christ
>>
>>1252908
Your comparison is dumb. One is literally not possible, the other absolutely is.
>>
>>1252908
>this HAS to be the worst board on 4chan

cgl exists though. trv is not the worst, it's just normal to get weebs who don't think a fucking thing before posting their ideas. Most of the stupid shit on this board could be easily shot down by the poster if they would just say what they out loud before posting and asking "does this really sound dumb".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.