[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is one week in London too long if I want to go to a lot of museums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: london-b.jpg (46KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
london-b.jpg
46KB, 500x333px
Is one week in London too long if I want to go to a lot of museums? Should I also go to Bath?
>>
>Is one week in London too long if I want to go to a lot of muslims?

You're going to the right place
>>
>>1251195
Well, I'm Muslim, so that's fine. Btw do you know any good mosques I can pray in?
>>
>>1251196
yeah its called the "you have to go back" mosque down past Elephant Circus
>>
File: avebury.jpg (74KB, 456x300px) Image search: [Google]
avebury.jpg
74KB, 456x300px
>>1251173
More seriously, you could kill a week in London easily if you want to spend serious time in museums.

Bath is good if you want to see the Roman stuff there, and is a good jumping-off point for Stonehenge, the Uffington Horse, Avebury, etc.
>>
>>1251173
there are enough of museums to spend months in. But if you are saying "a lot of museums" generically then you probably shouldn't plan more than 3 days for them.
>>
>>1251173
Could kill the big ones in a week but there is plenty more around, as the other poster said you could spend months
>>
>>1251173
Maybe slightly but it depends how much money you have and exactly what you want to do.

There's the: natural history museum, science museum, imperial war museum, HMS Belfast, London art museum, Tate modern, The shard observation deck, the London Eye, Tower of London, the London dungeons, madame tusourds (sp?), Tower Bridge, big Ben/houses of Parliament, London docklands (canary wharf). Plus there are bus and river tours everywhere.

That's just in central London.
>>
A week won't nearly cover everything you could do in London. It's a great city.

>>1251195
Back to your containment board.
>>
>>1251173
Definitely not too long. Oxford is also just an hour away by train from Paddington and may be worth a visit, Cambridge isn't much further either

>>1251601
>no British Museum

That's the most important one, you can easily spend a day in that alone
>>
>>1251628
>Oxford is also just an hour away by train
It's even cheaper via the many buses that leave from Victoria frequently, and the Ashmolean is a great museum.
>>
>>1251606
It's most likely just one guy who has been posting shit every day. Ever since school got out. One good ban ought to teach him.
>>
>>1251630
I don't know how much the busses cost, aren't they like 25gbp both ways? That's about what the train costs as well. The main advantage to the train is that it is faster and won't get stuck in traffic, I've spent 3 hours on a bus from Oxford to London before

>the Ashmolean is a great museum

Agreed, they have a surprisingly large collection of egyptian, greek, assyrian etc stuff.

The colleges are obviously the main attraction, especially Christ Church, New College and Merton are worth a visit. The historical pubs are also great, and everything is within walking distance
>>
>>1251173
I went to a lot of museums and did a day trip to Stonehenge(which I coulda done a Bath add on) in 4 days. So you're probably fine.
>>
>>1251173
>should I also go to bath?

The southwest is a great area in general. Bath and Bristol are both worth a visit.
>>
>>1251628
Yeah I thought about including it but I've only been once so I don't remember how good it was.
>>
>>1251601
>madame tusourds
Fuck that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.