[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey friends! Me and 2 friends are going for five days to Amsterdam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: grachten-hotels-amsterdam.jpg (207KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
grachten-hotels-amsterdam.jpg
207KB, 1280x600px
Hey friends!
Me and 2 friends are going for five days to Amsterdam and we are looking for good place to sleep in for 4 nights
Where is the best place to stay at? would you prefer the hostels or airbnb or a hotel?
And what are some of the "must go to" places in amsterdam? I actually prefer not to be in the center becuase it attract a lot of sandniggers and tourist and they probebly rip off everyone over ther
>>
>>1251071
I've been there for a week last year. We stayed in the Hampshire Lancaster Hotel right beside the zoo, it's one of the cheapest in the city. Plus, there's a small, cozy coffeeshop without too many people in the area (Hortus de Overkaant).

I'm a gamer. If I had the money, I'd stay in the Vidya Hotel (http://www.arcadehotel.nl/).

Or use couchsurfing, but I don't think that you will find a guy who hosts 3 people at a time. I have 3 couchsurfers at my place right now, but I'm not in Amsterdam and I have a big ass flat.

>Things to see
Don't go to the torture museum. They advertise it as one of the biggest in Europe, but it's just shit. You have to pay entrance and the tour lasts about 10 minutes. 10 minutes of reading wikipedia entries in a dirty house.

Go watch some whores in the red light district, take a walk through the zoo, visit the markets, look at art in one of the many museums or just walk stoned through the city.

Oh, and if you're a filmmaker, don't get shot by a sandnigger on a bike (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)).

If you want to know anything, hit me up.
>>
Go to Zuid-as and IJburg if you want to see the modern parts of Amsterdam. If you want to learn more about the Netherlands you could go to the Rijksmuseum and Scheepvaartmuseum.
>>
File: 1450536883603.jpg (23KB, 315x335px) Image search: [Google]
1450536883603.jpg
23KB, 315x335px
>>1251074
>>1251072
Thank you guys!
I would love more suggestion for what to do!
>>
>>1251072
>Hampshire Lancaster Hotel
I just sew that the dates are taken... any other hotels?
>>
>>1251091
That's the only one I know personal, what's your budget? Do you want to go to coffeeshops too?

The only things we did in that whole week were toking through all the coffeeshops (we had the official coffeeshop guide with maps to all shops, best invention ever), eating at Hardrock Cafe, visit the torture museum and the zoo. And we had an accident with a crazy taxi driver (I almost got a free trip to Amsterdam afterwards, story is too long for this reply). Don't take a taxi, you can go almost everywhere by foot or tramway.

I wanted to go to the Heineken experience too, but my stoner friends didn't want to. That's why I like solo travel more.
>>
>>1251093

I want the cheapest yet suitable place you can find
>>
can ypu guys give me sone general tips for amsterdem ? where do you suggest to eat? how to not get riped off some good clubs? good coffeshop? how to avoid wasting money?
>>
>>1251255
Good Coffeeshops:
ABRAXAS (Very nice location)
GREEN HOUSE (a Legend)
DAMPKRING (small but nice, ocean's twelve filmed there: /watch?v=x3DmtUJ3MWs)
BARNEY'S (never was in barneys, but many people said that it is good)
>>
Airbnb if you can afford it, for hostels flying pig is nice if you want to party/socialize and stayokay vondelpark is ok if you just want a nice location. Must sees are Vondelpark (eat truffels), Boere Jongens (Absolute best weed, take your hat off) and The Rookis (Comfy as fuck coffeshop).
>>
I recommend you to visit the north of centraal station,
There are so many artistic modern architectures.
>>
where can I find coffeshops with veporizers?
>>
Bob's youth hostel was fun.
>>
>>1251091
I stayed at the Hotel Kap, which has rooms starting around €60. Great location on the edge of an interesting mixed-use neighborhood called De Pijp, just around the corner from the very enjoyable Albert Cuypstraat Market, walking distance from anywhere central (perhaps 20 minutes' leisurely walk from Amsterdam Centraal), a half-block from two tram lines.

The owner is a bit crotchety about marijuana tourists, so you will not want to be egregiously stoned or going on about weed, but there is a lovely, very low-key coffeeshop called Katana just a few blocks away.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.