[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You ever slept in the bushes near an airport for a night because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: ryU0AA.jpg (87KB, 900x840px) Image search: [Google]
ryU0AA.jpg
87KB, 900x840px
You ever slept in the bushes near an airport for a night because hotels are really expensive? Is it a retarded idea?
>>
>>1250233
Why not just sleep in the airport like a normal person and change gates every few hours?
>>
>>1250233
wtf
>>
>>1250233
I did it once in Autria and for three nights in a row in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. I enjoyed it.

The idea's pretty good, just don't be suspicious. Also, if an airport has a big traffic, they won't let you sleep too well.
Keep in mind, that if you encounter any problems, you may just sleep inside the building.
>>
>>1250233
What if you encounter Bigfoot or Leatherface?
>>
>>1250238
>Leatherface
what's that?
>>
>be me, 16 flying alone
>america to germany
>initial flight into miami is diverted due to weather
>make it to miami 4 hours late
>missed my connecting flight
>only 1 flight per day and the next 4 days are overbooked
>they decided to send me to chicago the next day to catch a flight to germany
>had to stay the night in miami
>couldn't book a hotel because underage and have no where to go
>forced to sleep on the floor of the airport

I feel like because I was underage I should have been obligated to get some sort of accomodation but everytime I asked an AA employee they either said it's not their job or AA has no obligation to accomodate me because it was the weather's fault. I didn't even have any bags to use as a pillow. I got bothered by some airport employees in the middle of the night but once I explained my situation they told me to hang tight while they find some information but never came back. In the end my bags were delayed by a week and the methods to receive compensation were so complicated that I gave up.

Fuck American Airlines.
>>
>>1250234
Just do this. Depends on the airport, but just sleep near the parking area.
>>
>>1250233
Why not sleep in the airport?
>>
>>1250233
I've slept on the street outside a bus station, I was hassled by security but I kind of whined about not having a place to go and they let me crash.

I've spent 32 hours in an airport before, roughly, I just hung out in coffee shops and napped in lounge chairs.

I only book hotels and hostels so people don't think I'm weird. I would have no issue sleeping outside in a tent and paying a minimal fee for a shower, but I prefer to spend the money so I don't have to explain to every dickhead why I sleep outside. Temporary lodging is depressing and canned, it's become too streamlined and makes everywhere remind me of everywhere. when I'm traveling I make the most of my time, I try to stay out of a room, and when I sleep I just want to close my eyes and then wake up so I can travel again. I don't see why I should spend over 50 bucks just to sleep, fuck that.

Anyway, you might get harassed by security, if you are outside you might get robbed. When you have an idea like sleeping outside an airport, you might be surprised how many people try the same shit, and how many criminals try to capitalize off of it.
>>
>>1250254
I got a 10 canadian dollar airport shop voucher for a 11 hour delay in Vancouver from Air Canada. I lost two days and landet in Toronto at 3 in the morning. On top of that, I lost my headphones on the plane.
>>
>>1250270
>>1250234
I'd planned to do this one night in Puerto Princessa. Turned out the airport closed at 10 or so and security was pretty tight so they wouldn't let you hang around. I didn't even know airports closing was a thing. Luckily there were cheap hostels all over.
>>
File: wallhaven-372492.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-372492.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>1250239
>>
>I landed in North Carolina at 8pm.
>I had a 10 hour lay over until my flight home
>we werent allowed to wait at our terminal
>me and gf order pizza and sleep under an escalator in baggage claim

It sucked balls, but it wouldn't have been so bad had I not diarrhea'd my pants after eating the pizza. That was in the top 3 worst nights of my life
>>
I've slept a few nights in Gatwick before. But that's about it
>>
>>1250233
Just sleep inside the airport like every other fucker. Maybe it's a Euro thing?
>>
I've slept under the escalator in Zurich twice. Once I flew into Gatwick slept outside, but I managed to walk a couple miles so I don't think that counts. It was hilarious. I slept in a park. In the morning I discovered it belonged to a school when I woke up to find a couple 13 year olds making out.
>>
File: St Lucia.jpg (166KB, 1574x765px) Image search: [Google]
St Lucia.jpg
166KB, 1574x765px
I slept in a cemetery in the caribbean, in Rodney Bay, St. Lucia, to be precise. I flew in from St. Vincent at night and had to catch a flight back to Europe the following morning, and the airport closed at night. I sure as hell wasn't gonna pay for a hotel, and I knew there was a cool cemetery right next to the airport, so I sad fuck it, what's the worst that could happen? I took out my sleeping bag and laid it on top of a huge marble tombstone (didn't wanna sleep on the grass because of bugs n shit). Later in the night it started raining, so I picked up my shit and walked along the beach until I found a tiki hut with a bench to sleep on. When I woke up, maybe at 6 or 7, it was daylight already, and there was a old local lady watching me from afar, I guess looking after me and also wondering wtf whitey be doing here.
>>
Prayer rooms, anons. They're silent, they're heated (usually). Most religious folk don't mind you napping in a chair.
>>
>>1250287
>I got a 10 canadian dollar airport shop voucher

More insulting than getting nothing.
>>
first time flying anons so im not even sure if im allowed to sleep inside or not or anything like that.
thanks for all the replies though.
>>1250390
gatwick is where im going. had a look on google maps and was like.. hey look. trees.
>>
>>1250423
you can usually sleep inside at the terminal if it's an international airport
>>
>>1250423
is it babby's first trip? Here you go friend, and remember to bookmark it

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/londongatwick.htm
>>
>>1250432
thanks anon. done.
>>
>>1250400
just not the muslim ones, you will be beheaded
>>
>>1250254
>forced to sleep on the floor of the airport
That sounds perfectly fine, especially for a 16 year old. Be honest, you're going to continue buying dirt cheap airline tickets.
>>
>>1250291
Most people just sleep at the entrance if that's the case. Usually you have some benches or something as well as being in a group with other travellers which ostensibly makes you safer from pickpockets.
>>
>>1250540
Well it was American Airlines + AirBerlin so not really budget airlines but still. And my parents paid for it, not me

Now think about it if the gender roles were reversed. A solo flying 16 year old girl is refused help and is forced to sleep on the floor of an airport overnight without bags or food. Sounds like that would be headline news and a huge scandal plus a large settlement from a lawsuit to pay for therapy sessions for that traumatized little girl for the rest of her life.
>>
The closest thing I did was sleeping in parks... Slept in a park in Vienna before catching a train. There was no one but people walking their dogs in the distance, very calm.
(The airport in Vienna is good for sleeping btw, huge beds at the gates.)

In the airport it's okay to sleep I guess...I wouldn't willingly sleep at parks overnight anymore since I earn my own money, I would crash a cheap hostel at least.

>>1250580
Hmm the biggest delay I had so far was 6 hrs, during daytime, but I'll make sure to attract attention to gender inequality should bad luck reach me.
>>
File: yfj.jpg (4KB, 126x123px) Image search: [Google]
yfj.jpg
4KB, 126x123px
>>1250460
>>
>>1250233

I'm a cheapskate with flights and often end up with long layovers.

Had a 30-hour layover in Almaty International, which was miserable, and then a 23- or 24-hour layover in London Heathrow. There have been others, too, but I always just sleep inside the airport.

For instance, after coming back from my first trip, I had a final flight home from LaGuardia to Detroit. I slept in a pre-security dining area, along with a handful of other travelers and a ton of homeless and bums.
>>
>>1251008
it's all part of the adventure. I had to sleep one night at Rome FCO or CIA, and with me there was one african dude travelling to Berlin who kept saying scheisse and telling me to move to Berlin for easy jobs at hotels. Then there was an iraki or afghan (this was 2011, before the refugee crisis) claiming he had come to Rome escaping the war and had his passport confiscated by security, so he couldn't leave the airport. It was clearly bullshit because we were all in the pre-security zone, so nothing stopped him from just walking out. It was us 3 sleeping in the same area, talking shit, what we were doing in europe etc, and then the black guy kept saying to me "I don't trust the paki, he's lying, nobody took his passport" and then he went to sleep away from the paki, saying he didn't want to wake up with his shit stolen. Ah, the wonders of a multiculti society.
>>
>>1250287
>>1250403
Man, fuck YVR and fuck Air Canada.

I assumed flying in general was terrible because these fuckers set the example for me.

Then I started traveling internationally, and found that other countries' airports and airlines treated me like a fucking king, even in Economy Class.
>>
Slept in Attaturk airport for 2 nights after I spent the last of my money on a plane ticket back home. Apart from hunger, it was actually pretty comfortable - there are no announcements, and you can pull a bench up close to a window and /comfy/ your way through the hours. No free electrical sockets except in the bathrooms, though.
>>
>>1250234
>>1250291
www.sleepinginairports.net
>>
File: 1363918386887.jpg (32KB, 490x654px) Image search: [Google]
1363918386887.jpg
32KB, 490x654px
When I lived on the Greek island of Lesvos I had to sleep rough outside the airport (small island so it closes at night), I first tried sleeping in these comfy bed things at a nearby beach bar which was almost ideal but the windchill from the beach gave me some issues, not only that there was some kind of fancy evening party going on at the bar itself for every 15 minutes or so people would walk by in these fancy clothes and see some ragged anon with a backpack trying to sleep

I ended up sleeping in a nearby small chapel to get out of the wind, wasn't as comfy but it was warm which was an excellent trade I thought, somebody came in during the night because when I woke up there was a bottle of water and some snacks, maybe they thought I was homeless or a refugee I'm not sure, but that was a nice gesture
>>
Is /trv/ the worst board?
>>
>>1250460
top kekk
>>
>>1250234
Because i need dark to sleep and airports are always fucking well lit
>>
>>1252359
sleep mask and earplugs
>>
>>1252307
From my experience, I would have to say that /ck/ is the worst.
>>
>>1250234

>had a long layover in Toronto
>all the gates were closed when I flew in at midnight
>found a small cluster of people who pushed couches and seats together to form this tent/community sleep area

I miss traveling.
>>
>>1250238
Can confirm. Leatherface ruined my Viennese bush sleeping trip.
>>
I missed my transfer once because of a mistake. Asked a game community I frequented for a coach somewhere in the city and it worked out.
>>
File: rotterdam 1.jpg (326KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
rotterdam 1.jpg
326KB, 690x460px
I haven't slept here but I had to stay for a delay of 9 hours. The Rotterdam airport is a really tiny one in the Netherlands but it so damn comfy.

>Small scaled with homely interior
>Powerplugs everywhere
>Restaurant, a bar and a shop
>Unlimited wifi
>Sleep couches

I also got 15 euro worth of coupons for the delay. I bought a meal, some candybars and a full glass of Scotch.
>>
I've slept twice at the Mexico City airport because I had early flights and I always fear arriving late, even if it never has happened to me before.

I was fucking freezing because I was next to the entrance and all the good spots below the escalators and in the food court were already taken.

Apparently you can enter the 24h wings restaurant, order a coffee, and fall asleep there, the staff is used to it.
>>
>>1250233
I slept in a park because hotels were too much but yeah...would have crashed in the airport if i was next to one
>>
>>1252359
So you sleep in the cold and dirt in the bushes? Are you fucking autistic?
>>
>>1251591
Yea man I know what do you mean, YYC here. Air canada pisses me off almost as much as westjet now. Expensive flights, shit policies, fucking went to Europe one time and it blew my mind to not be treated like cattle.
>>
File: 1495300666143.jpg (22KB, 576x470px) Image search: [Google]
1495300666143.jpg
22KB, 576x470px
>>1252098
Those Greek lads don't kid around with hospitality. I know 2 French travelers who aren't even homeless but who like to travel rough, who were showed extreme levels of hospitality in Greece.
And to think they're in trouble economically...

>>1253245
Try Air Algérie once, you'll go back crawling to Air Canada.
>>
>>1250233
If you get found the police might take you into custody, or at the very least make you vacate the premises.
>>
>>1250233
Mildly related.

I slept in the airport.
>>
>>1250233
sleep in the terminal building llol
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.