[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Wacken Open Air again this year, and l'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

I'm going to Wacken Open Air again this year, and l'm looking for ideas on where to travel for about a week after.

info:
>have round trip plane ticket booked for Hamburg, so I need to get back there at the end
>did a lot in Hamburg last year, interested in going somewhere else
>considering Holland, Denmark, or the Baltic Sea, or Bavaria
>would like to be able to get there via train without 3+ transfers/ 10+ hours

Bavaria would be my first choice because mountains/ castles, but it's really far to any good mountains from the north of Germany.
>>
Train to Copenhagen / Amsterdam are about 8hrs at most I think with 1/2 transfers
Could go to Berlin/Numemberg either, nuremburg is about 8hours away though also

Gonna lurk seen as I'm in the same boat as you OP
>>
>>1250198
Are you also going to Wacken?
>>
File: SchlossWernigerode2007.jpg (830KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
SchlossWernigerode2007.jpg
830KB, 3072x2304px
you could go to Harz Mountains, it's not this far from Hamburg and got lot's of castles
http://www.uncommon-travel-germany.com/harz.html
>>
>>1250557
Yup, undecided where to travel to after also
>>
>>1250589
That looks really nice, but is there much else to see in that region to warrant a week there?
>>
>>1250108
i'd choose the baltic sea
>>
File: classic_cat_portraits_6.jpg (47KB, 600x786px) Image search: [Google]
classic_cat_portraits_6.jpg
47KB, 600x786px
Would it be OK if an oldfag showed up? 58 year old wanting to see Volbeat and Megadeth...
>>
>>1251095
it's a popular tourist region, they offer quite some activities there. e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1CDa7aWkfE
>>
>>1252148
There are only metalheads (and some wannabe youngsters), they do not judge. Enjoy yourself!
>>
>>1252148
there were plenty of 40+ people there last year, i saw tons of middle aged guys and couples with gray hair. it makes sense they'd be interested with a lot of the bands that go, too.
I'm assuming you're not planning on camping, but just to mention, on the campgrounds I personally didn't see older people so you might be somewhat out of place there.
>>
>>1250108
Wacken to Bamberg would probably take less than 8 hours for 40€
From there go to Nuremberg and Munich and visit Rothenburg and Würzburg on your way back.

Still quite far away desu and you will only see the most basic things.
Amsterdam is nice. Plan a trip to the sea or Antwerp or Utrecht when you get bored
>>
File: 1447464784337.jpg (163KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447464784337.jpg
163KB, 800x600px
>>1252484
Thanks for the quick response. I will be in a hotel.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.