[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you eat healthy when you're travelling and don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: DSC_1715.jpg (561KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1715.jpg
561KB, 1600x1063px
How do you eat healthy when you're travelling and don't have a kitchen/camping equipment?

Should I just travel with a bowl to make salads in and eat fruit?
>>
>>1249818
>How do you eat healthy when you're travelling and don't have a kitchen/camping equipment?

Pretty easily, I just look around places well before my trip and use google/tripadvisor/facebook/etc to see what a place servers and then mark it down for visiting when I travel.
>>
>>1249818
Plan better and book a place with a kitchen.

If you really care about what you're eating this is the only answer, or you could just ditch your autism for a few days and enjoy yourself while on vacation
>>
I eat at restaurants that aren't fast food.
>>
>>1249827
>travel with health nut
>didn't look up anywhere before hand when booking a hotel
>"dude there will be plenty of healthy places when we get there! It's california after all!"
>get there
>no "healthy enough places" for him
>complains the whole time we find a place that has something for him because it's "expensive and menu is limited"

He could have just shut up for a few days but nooo. Seriously unless you are traveling for multiple months then you can just suck it up for a few days, or plan for a place to stay with a kitchen or near a health palce
>>
>>1249833
OP here, I'm travelling for multiple months
>>
>>1249840
Then just plan out where you stay to see if it has access to a kitchen
>>
>>1249840
Okay, are you traveling with hostels, hotels, couchsurfing, ninja camping?

Plan 4 to 7 days at a time and ask yourself the questions that matter to you, my general questions are:
>"Am I excercising enough that I need a very tailored diet? or would a normal daily diet be okay?"
>"How do I need to order carbs/fats/protein to be sure I have energy for my days?"
>"How many meals will I NOT be making for myself?"
>"Is there anything in my last week I'm just fucking sick of?"

My thought process is based on bike camping, and the fact I do have a small nested camp kitchen (one man pot, an MSR pocket rocket, a small fuel canister, and some matches all bought less than $60 total) and I'm usually in a high fire area so I don't make campfires. In a 'wild' 4 day period, I would have 4 warm carb heavy breakfasts with tea, 2 cold dinners usually with jerky, 2 warm dinners with dehydrated meats, and enough modular 150 calorie snack packs to get me near 4000 calories per day.

There are quite a few pseudohealthy foods creature comforts you can buy in bulk and store with you. Instant rice, couscous, cheapo ramen noodles. As long as you only scrimp on one aspect of your diet per meal, you won't be missing out on too much over time. Cheater rice and fresh raw veggies aren't perfect but they would work. Spices store well but not easily.
>>
I have a problem with shitting while traveling. I am either very constipated or I have extreme diarrhea. There is no inbetween for me. Somebody please help me
>>
>>1249832
This.
>>
>>1250085
Can't help because we don't know what you are ordering.

Never had an issue with food when traveling but then again I look up where to eat prior to going.
>>
File: tumblr_oitz01cipv1w1wvkio1_1280.png (35KB, 773x532px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oitz01cipv1w1wvkio1_1280.png
35KB, 773x532px
ITT: retards that can't deal with the basics of their sustenance

Here's how: I don't.
>>
Stop being a faggot.
You won't die just because you eat things that aren't 100% healthy for a few weeks/months.
>>
>>1250085

Your stomach most probably has issues adjusting to a different cuisine. I have no idea if this actually helps, but some people recommend taking those probiotic bacteria pills a month before your trip to strengthen your digestive system.

Pack some meds just in case. I usually have some medicine against, diarrhea and constipation with me whenever I travel for a long time.
>>
>>1249833
>it's "expensive

Fucking everything in California is expensive, what did you expect?
>>
>>1250085
You need to be your own physician.

Bowel issues can be a hidden anxiety trait. Greens are of course good, but keeping some thought in the here and now with a gentle mindfullness towards your digestion and breathing can work wonders. Just take it easy and it will work itself out.

Habits can be tricky, though.
Three raw carrots a day and rye bread give exceptional poop consistency. Both are things you can grab and eat for breakfast and lunch on the go.

Drink two glasses of water right when you wake up and dont drink too much water when you eat, but rather beforehand.

Also, clear pee is a sign of you've drunk enough water.

Also, ginger. Tea, sweets or raw. Perhaps skipping meat can help your digestion, as meat takes twice the time to get digested. After I stopped eating red meat I noticed my farts became noxxious if I ate some meat occationally.

Also, maybe gluten. Gluten is tough for people missing the enzyme to break it down..
>>
>>1249818
Buying and eating fresh vegetables, I don't worry about cooking them apart from the times I decide to eat pasta or rice. Otherwise it's just potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc.

No restorants or fast foods ever.
>>
>>1252061
>Buying and eating fresh vegetables
When I was in high school, there was a group of students who went to Thailand for their school trip.

To minimize the risks of illness from the poor water quality, they were discouraged from drinking tap water, which seems sensible enough. They only drank bottled water from recognized brands.

Another step they took was avoiding fruits & vegetables. The reasoning behind this was that they were watered with poor-quality water, therefore it was just as bad. They were only allowed to eat meat & starches for the entire trip. When they came back, a lot of the students & teachers stuffed themselves full with fruits & vegetables, because they missed that food group a lot.

I don't know if what they did was right or wrong, but I thought it was ridiculous all around.
>>
>>1252116
>going to Thailand
that's just asking for trouble
I'd never go to such a risky region in the first place
>>
>>1252125
pussy gets fucked in thailand so that makes sense
>>
>>1249888
Good post. Not op but would love to hear more about your bike camping.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.