[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /trv/. Im going to China to study for 6 weeks this summer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 3310-nanchang-locator-map.jpg (78KB, 728x425px) Image search: [Google]
3310-nanchang-locator-map.jpg
78KB, 728x425px
Hi, /trv/. Im going to China to study for 6 weeks this summer. Im leaving in a month for Nanchang. I realy have no idea what to expect of anything, i just figured this is a chance to good to pass on. Do you have any general tips on how to make the most of the trip? Anything i should think of?
>>
I'd watch these video series on youtube:
ADVChina
Laowhy86
SerpentZA
>>
>>1249558
Wow, thats alot of videos. Will check them out! Basicly i don't want to be "that" tourist who has no understanding of the culture im visiting and acting disrespectful without realizing.
>>
>>1249564
Yeah, allot if content. Just pick n choose based on the title of the video that's relevant to what answers/questions you're looking for.
>>
>>1249564
I've seen a few of those vids and I wouldn't take their advice if you want to act respectful, they seem like the worst type of ex-pats
>>
>>1249558
Love these guys, came across them randomly searching google. Real quality shit, nice wives too
>>
>>1249677
Yeah i found some videos that are intresting and usefull. I watch them with my own common sence in mind, lol
>>
>>1249604
You haven't watched them enough then mate
>>
>>1250324
They both clearly think they're above it all. Their attitude towards the country in general is pretty despicable imo. It's literally given them everything they have, all their opportunity, love life, family and everything good they have in their life and yet 95% of their videos are just whining about the place and talking about Chinese people as if they're backwards, dumb and that living there is annoying.

Don't get me wrong most of what they say is accurate, fascinating and almost always worth watching, but the fact that clearly neither of them had anything to offer in their own countries and have made a career of complaining about the place which bailed them out is a lifestyle to where I don't know how they can be happy.
>>
>>1250328
I honestly got that feeling from watching their earlier videos aswell. However it seemed to change later.
>>
>>1249558
Does any of this apply to taiwan aswell? Im considering studying there for ~5 months myself. I know the whole human rights/government type situation is pretty different to china, but what about the culture?
>>
>>1250337
Well Matt is leaving soon in any case so his daughter doesn't have to go to school in China, will be interesting to see where things go. Did back their kickstarter since Conquering Southern China was legitimately very good too, looking forward to that.
>>
>>1249553
Nanchang is not a big city,but is still ok.
>>
>>1250361
Not my first hand choice for a travel destination. But it's the opportunity i got.
>>
>>1249558

>going all the way to china
>learning chinese
>marrying this

what in the fuck
>>
>>1250430
She doesn't look that bad and anyway, maybe she's legitimately sweet and charming.
Maybe it's love?
Maybe she loves it in the pooper?
>>
>>1250581
she is a 4/10 mate.
>>
Any general tips when traveling to China at all? Something you wish you thought of the first time you went there?
>>
>>1250430
the real kicker is that his baby is 100% chinese
>>
File: download.jpg (79KB, 1073x466px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
79KB, 1073x466px
>>1251241
You what? She clearly has white features, her on the right vs an actual chinese toddler.
>>
>>1251159
She's a nice woman though, who is clearly very smart and from a well off family to boot. No bullshit from her, could have chosen a lot worse in china, pure money grabbers over there.
>>
>>1251159
>4/10
If you don't like olive skin and a flat nose then you're not going to like most Chinese women.

Is this some 'eyes too close together 2/10 would not bang' bullshit?
>>
>>1249553
Enjoy the smog.
>>
>>1249558
These guys makes me want to move to China
>>
>>1251344
she's kind of below par, m8.

you sound fat or low confidence

not saying I wouldn't bang, or even wife if she had a great personality. but no denying she's below par

neither of the guys strike me as particularly bright though. maybe this is just what he got

>>1252067
not saying they're not cool guys, my dude, but neither of them seem particularly bright, nor have much of interest to say for being pretty good at chinese.

their pastimes seem dull, and if this excites you, you should reconsider your life priorities.
>>
>>1250328
if there was that meme pic about activating the neurons, they'd be on the solid second tier.

especially the bald one. he literally escaped genocide and has the balls to complain about racism.

they're both posterboys for why chinese with extensive contact with westerners almost universally hate us.
>>
>>1251344
Shes pretty gross mate. I would bang her though, then kick her out of my hotel room, and let a beta like you pick up the pieces
>>
>>1252250
Maybe you want a Lucy Liu or something but I think his wife is pretty hot desu.
I don't go for the doll-like Chinese girls, they disturb me on some level. I'd bang her repeatedly though, haven't even watched the video (because China YouTube lol)
>>
>>1252298
It just reveals your status, which is relatively low, though probably not rock bottom.

She is genetically flawed, though not critically.
>>
File: 2of10.jpg (85KB, 680x846px) Image search: [Google]
2of10.jpg
85KB, 680x846px
>>1252308
>genetically flawed
>>
>>1252319
okay man. go ahead and strawman obvious conclusions

have you seen abbos? genetics are real, my dude. you can fuck your way into permanent ugliness. and beauty is inherited (hence the strong evolutionary drive to NOT fuck ugly people)

you are in denial
>>
File: Cathy-Freeman-575167.jpg (90KB, 590x829px) Image search: [Google]
Cathy-Freeman-575167.jpg
90KB, 590x829px
>>1252332
>have you seen abbos
Shitposter confirmed

m00t was right, pic related was the only good thing to come from that shithole.
>>
I went to Nanchang on an exchange last year. Do you know which area you are staying in? I got to represent my country (NZ) to the mayor :)
>>
>>1251328
I think he's talking about how the Chinese government and society would claim that a 1/2 chinese child born in China is essentially 100% Chinese.
>>
>>1254102
It has its positives, the child doesn't need a visa until it's 18 (even then it depends which nationality it wants to be).
>>
>>1249553
I stayed there for two months this year

depending on where you are the culture varies a lot, mainly by the size of the city

culturally expect a shock at how pan-faced people can be, it takes time to get to know chinese people.
This can be compounded with the rockstar/zoo animal/alien treatment you get, people will take photos of you all the time but have limited interest in actually getting to know you

coughing, spitting, kids pooing in the street, constant yelling at mobile phones, everyone calling you "gwailo/lowai/laowaa" like you can't understand.
you just have to wear a mask and deal, I currently have tonsillitis courtesy of Chinese respiratory hygine

start doing things on your mobile, get a chinese sim card
tan-tan (chinese tinder), tao bao (chinese ebay), wechat/weixin (chinese facebook), baidu (chinese google)
wechat is especially useful as it has one of the best translators for chinese built into it
young chinese people live on their phones, even compared to western kids

trains are good, but cheap seats are awful because of the kind of chinese person that buys them
if you are getting a soft sleeper consider just flying

"greed" is not something chinese understand, it just isn't.
haggle hard on everything except groceries
the t part about this is keeping your temper when everyone is trying to rip you off; it' not personal

I was actually writing a brief guide on travel in china
>>
>>1249553
A little bit of a bump, but does anybody have any advice for staying in Beijing? This summer I'm attending an exchange program at a Beijing University and I'd like to know what's worth seeing.
>>
>>1255136

>ic card
>bring a 1.5 L nongfu everywhere you go
>get to wudakou
>there's an international store with decent prices on the north side

there's also another internation store that's much cheaperes, somewhere near the down town area. i dont remember only went there once. put me on a road there though and i can figure out how to get back to it
>>
>>1255202
The main international store people use is any branch of Jenny Lu's. April gourmet is better though.
>>
>>1255301
>Jenny Lu's
>April gourmet

i'm talking about D-Mart/ 帝国际市场
>>
as long as you can speak fluent mandarin you shouldn't have a problem getting around? also in beijing/ shanghai what do you guys do for nightlife? is it really expensive visiting in august
>>
>>1255202
Nongfu is atrocious, although cheap. The best water to be found in Beijing, coincidentally the cheapest, has dark blue cap and a white Chinese character on a dark blue background label.
I will try to find a picture
>>
>>1255202
Awesome, I'll be attending 北师大,so I'll be near 五道口.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.