[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a job in San Francisco if I can find an apartment. They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: City - 1436770530303.jpg (521KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
City - 1436770530303.jpg
521KB, 1920x1080px
Getting a job in San Francisco if I can find an apartment. They are a bit more expensive then I expected, but I like the area, so I'll still take the job if I can find a place to live down there.

But, I can't find an apartment. Nothing is available, or it is all $1500+, which is nowhere near affordable for me. Would you have any advice on getting housing in the outskirts of San Fran? Government programs? Housing assist? Anything? Can't find anything available.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>1249369
Sorry, forgot to mention I have kids and legally require a 3 bedroom apartment minimum.
>>
>>1249369
>But, I can't find an apartment.
Pretty common
> Nothing is available, or it is all $1500+
try 2k minimum, if you need 3 bedroom good fucking luck finding anything under 3k a month
>Would you have any advice on getting housing in the outskirts of San Fran?
prepare for a big commute, and use public transportation
>Government programs? Housing assist? Anything?
If you are asking this you shouldn't be moving to San Fran
>>
>>1249369
>I have kids and legally require a 3 bedroom apartment minimum.

You're fucked, you're not finding anything in the city for a 3-bedroom under $2500. Look in Daly City, South SF, Colma or elsewhere on the peninsula and be prepared to endure the hellish commute on 101.
>>
>>1249372
Yup, if OP can find something for under 2500 for a 3 bedroom then I would really question the condition of the place and where it is. SF is stupidly expensive to live in as a single person, let alone having a 3 bedroom place. You'd probably be better and have it easier trying to buy a house
>>
File: 1478210037625.png (780KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478210037625.png
780KB, 600x600px
>>1249369
>1500
thats pretty cheap for sf
>>
>>1249372
>>1249371
I'm not looking in the city. I'm looking in the outskirts. Concord, San Jose, Walnut, etc. Cheapest I've found is $850 for a 3 bedroom. But they had none available.

Also, states generally have housing placement. But knowing California and their abundance of Mexico inside, there is probably a 20 year waiting list. Still, thought I'd try and ask if anyone knew a way.
>>
Affordable housing programs have a massive waiting list full of people that actually *need* it, not people like you that would just like to move there for a job.

If you can't afford it, don't move there.
>>
>>1249398
>Also, states generally have housing placement

Generally that is for if you live below a certain income level. And yeah in cali you're going to have an ass of a time with any assistance program, especially around san fran
>>
>>1249400
>If you can't afford it, don't move there.
Yea, starting to look that way. Shame, I enjoy visiting and always enjoyed the atmosphere there.
>>
>>1249406
Not trying to be an ass but

visiting is not the same as living there. I've met people who loved Cali for visiting there all the time, people moved there almost INSTANTLY realized how shit the day-to-day was.

>everything costs a fuck ton
>traffic is ass even when it isn't busy
>shitty as places pop up everywhere
>want to go out somewhere and it is expensive as fuck
>housing without a roommate is near impossible
>>
>>1249372
>You're fucked, you're not finding anything in the city for a 3-bedroom under $2500.
You can't get a ONE-bedroom in the city for $2500. Average 1br rent is now an absurd $3300.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.