[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you finally realise that "Digital Nomading"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: LCQ Book Full Front 2.jpg (62KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
LCQ Book Full Front 2.jpg
62KB, 400x303px
>tfw you finally realise that "Digital Nomading" is just a scam used by Internet marketing shysters to sell an impossible dream to desperate and gullible people.

I have finally accepted it. Unfortunately, I am not some aspie developer earning a shit ton of cash who can just up sticks and work remotely and live like a King in Chiang Mai. The only alternative was to go down the "passive" income route, and what a fucking rabbit hole that turned out to be. Just shysters selling info products and an endless swarm of losers like me in a race to the bottom.

I will never be able to live a location independent lifestyle. I'll never be one of those lucky fucks who can earn remotely and live in Asia. Wage slavery is my life and therefore, travelling and living abroad is now an impossible dream.
>>
Sorry, senpai.

I however and currently living the meme. Been at it for 4 months since I landed a creative position at a startup on top of my freelance stuff. And I hardly code, just write words and come up with policies/strategy.

That said, the past 4 months I have only traveled in the US (home cunt) and Mexico in my car, so expenses are way lower. I have a one-way ticket to Europe this summer, so that's when I'll really test it. I expect to lose money over the period, but it'll be a great trip.
>>
The only guaranteed get rich quick scheme is to sell get rich schemes to losers stupider than yourself
>>
>>1249195
>I have finally accepted it. Unfortunately, I am not some aspie developer earning a shit ton of cash who can just up sticks and work remotely and live like a King in Chiang Mai.

1. You don't need that much to live in Asia. $1500/month after taxes is enough to live comfortably in Thailand.

2. You won't start making money without putting in the effort.
>>
Just learn web dev. Then find freelance work or a remote job. That is what I plan on doing. Haven't decided if I want to go to Chiang Mai or Medellin though.
>>
>Wage slavery is my life and therefore, travelling and living abroad is now an impossible dream.

No it's not. Go to Chiang Mai and work at a hostel. You can be a wage slave anywhere in the world, it's easy to pick up work wherever.

>>1249233
Medellin is much nicer as a city and the people are much cooler. Just don't believe the memes about the women there - the average is only slightly better. But in just the last 2-ish years there has been a massive influx of gringo tourists there for the cocaine and/or the women, giving gringos an awful reputation and making them lose their exotic status. I got 6s in Medellin after lots of effort and 8s-9s easily elsewhere in the country.
>>
>>1249236
thanks for the tip.
Where else should I go in Columbia? I heard Bogota is depressing. Some of the smaller cities?
>>
>>1249213
I was under the impression that $500 USD for a monthly budget was enough for a person to live comfortably.

Not arguing, by the way. What lead you to your number?
>>
>>1249243
$1500 to live comfortably, and he means very comfortably.
Pretty sure you could get by with $500 just fine.
>>
butthurt wagecuck failure detected

there may be faggots playing up to the "digital nomad" meme, but if you're halfway intelligent it's very easy to make money online via a wide range of different remote jobs, freelancing, and contract opportunities

I am a fucking retard and I make 3k USD monthly online doing fucking retarded shit

You are a loser
>>
Translating (if you can do it well) nets you quite a bunch of money. Then again, I'm translating (among others) from and into Europe's two most sought-after languages. Income can also vary wildly from month to month.
>>
>>1249195
Digital economy is "winner taxes all" by nature. About as much chance of success as being a youtuber
>>
>>1249281
Winner takes all* rather
>>
>>1249195
>just a scam
>contradicts myself by mentioning aspies that can do it
>it is I, bitter repetitious cunt, that has posted this 20 times in the last six month
>>
>>1249242
>Bogota, Columbia
Generic amerifat meme #34, along with "could of"

>>1249281
>Digital economy = same chance of success as youtuber
lol no. Where do people buy stuff? That's right, online. IE you sell shit online, wagecuck you
>>
>>1249323
you don't seem like a pleasant person to be around.
>>
>>1249242
I'm not sure. There would be more easier and educated women in Bogota, but it's colder both culturally and weather-wise.

If I go back as a DN, I'll go check out Pereira and Manizales. They have paisa culture/women, perfect weather, but they don't see many gringos and they're much smaller. Cheaper too.

Honestly though I'd just go on to Brazil if I was making decent money as a DN. Brazil's development level is much higher, they have an educated upper-middle class that are way more interesting to hang out with, and the people are amazing in general. And there is absolutely nothing that compares to a Brazilian woman in bed. It just doesn't get as much attention as a DN place because most DNs are too poor to live there.
>>
>>1249348
cool. I am assuming if I had the money I can completely avoid the dangerous parts of brazil, right?
I just hear a lot of horrible shit, but I assume its easy to avoid the favelas.
>>
>>1249328
That's an unpleasant comment. Your mom likes me alright.

>>1249348
The meme is mistaking Columbia for Colombia.
>>
>>1249243
>I was under the impression that $500 USD for a monthly budget was enough for a person to live comfortably.
You need $150 for the apartment and $150 for food/expenses, $500 gets you at least twice more than the average middle class local has.
>>
>>1249259
what kind of retarded shit do you do?
>>
How do I make $1000 a month online without becoming a web developer or doing scammy freelance copywriting or an affiliate marketing loser?
>>
>>1250097
You don't. You only get it from illegal shit like what you already listed, and other shit like online gambling via bots, farming and selling MMO gold with bots, selling bots... That's why people who do it go to the third world, it's not exactly something you can legitimately report on your tax forms.
>>
>>1250099
What's exactly illegal about copywriting or web dev?
>>
>>1249213
>$1500/month
lolwut? 500 dollars are probably enough to live in the fucking Asia
>>
>>1250099
>>1250097
You can do currency exchange, as well.
>>
>>1249417
I second the other anon. I'm really glad I don't know you.
>>
I don't think it's a scam. People selling stuff on Amazon or doing freelance seems to be the done thing.

It doesn't look incredibly fulfilling as a life, though most jobs aren't. I also think that it's a way of avoiding tax but idk
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.