[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an intense fear of flying that keeps getting worse, even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.jpg (35KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
35KB, 460x276px
I have an intense fear of flying that keeps getting worse, even though I fly at least once a year and have flown across oceans several times. I'll spend weeks or months leading up to a flight panicking as soon as I hear anything about planes. this year I want to see Iceland, but am thinking of backing out because of the anxiety. how can I come to terms that two people I've never met are locking me in a giant tube that could malfunction, so I can continue to travel?
>>
>>1249007
>giant tube that could malfunction

it's nearly 100 times more likely that you die in a car accident rather than a plane crash.
>>
>>1249031
The next generation will find it retard dumb that we actually let the majority of the population from the age of 16 drive around in death boxes. Being in a car is the leading cause of accidental death
>>
>>1249031
Not OP but people with a fear of flying aren't retarded, we all know how safe it can be compared to other forms of travel. That's why it's an irrational fear. I personally have no idea why I'm afraid of flying, particularly because I used to be completely fine with it. I had a period of not flying of about 2 years and after that dreaded having to fly again for no reason that I can see.
>>
>>1249142
That sucks, flying is literally one of my favorite things
>>
>>1249007
Take drugs beforehand
>>
>>1249007
Well, you should probably fly Icelandair or an American airline. These are the pilots and equipment with the most trust. Icelandair has retrofit their planes with even better than standard equipment to withstand extreme cold. They are really good. US airlines are the most competitive, and thus, the most experienced/qualified pilots on the major carriers.

If you have anxiety about travel while in the air, maybe you need meds. Talk to your doctor.
>>
>>1249171
Never had read such bullshit

OP, you already know your fear is irrational.
The only thing really helping is flying, without drugs/etc
If you sit in the plane and the doors closes, what can you do? Jump out? You need to just sit through it.
>>
Think of all the planes that are in the air every fucking day and nothing happens with them.
I must admit im not fond of flying myself though, its still an easy way to travel and im sure the entire crew does its best to get me to my destination safely.
Also you obviously dont have a fear of flying but a fear of dying.
>>
>>1249007
I have bad anxiety about flying too. Like really bad. I feel like im going to die of a panic attack leading up to the flight.

But you need to just straight up buy your ticket right now. Do it so there is no debating on going, you're gonna fucking go if you buy that ticket no matter what. The hardest part of the journey is the first step, remember that. You will thank yourself in the future.

Something that calms me is the weeks when I'm leading up to a flight, I go to a flight tracker website and look at the same flight and imagine that I was on the flight and if anything would happen. Of course every time it always lands and there's no problem, just like the thousands of other flights each day.
>>
>>1249031
Your cellphone is probably more likely to explode and kill you than a plane. I understand the fear a bit, but given the amount of planes that are flying, quite literally 24/7, the chances of a serious accident is almost non existent.
>>
>>1249007
there was once, flight 666 to HEL on Friday 13th...
nothing happened...
>>
>>1249877
I have flown to HEL on Friday 13, but never with a flight number 666.
>>
>>1249142
I know a man who traveled by plane his whole life and now he just can't anymore. No explanation, he just can't get on a plane.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.