[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here wear a money belt? Is it good and comfortable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Does anyone here wear a money belt? Is it good and comfortable for you?

I normally wear a neck wallet to store important stuff but now I am thinking about a money belt because my neck wallet is quite bulky and apparent, even though I feel safe with it.
>>
Yeah, I do. I don't even feel it really and I'm always anal about clothing annoyances, to the point where I wear my socks on the wrong side because the seams piss me off. Money belts are perfectly fine.
>>
Me too. I use a "money strap" or a "running belt" basically a strap with a small, stretchy pouch where you can fit some credit cards and cash. If you are not wearing see-through or very tight clothing you can't really see it.

Pic attached is the brand I use, "spibelt". I think its designed for joggers more than sex tourists though.
>>
>>1248644
Shit - I mean travellers
>>
File: 1494602075198.jpg (178KB, 1840x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1494602075198.jpg
178KB, 1840x1227px
>see qt grill on foreign streets
>notices neck wallet
>laughs to herself and walks away

every.single.time,

1. Mobility
2. Looking good
3. Security

A simple pocket with buttons is safe enough for daily valuables/passport. Buttons take time and effort to open. If you're unaware it's happening, no amount of security will help you.
>>
>>1248673
I'm pretty sure reaching inside your pants and unzipping your money belt takes a lot more effort to stay undetected than just opening a buttoned pocket, even if they don't include the quick handjob.
>>
>I normally wear a neck wallet
you normally look ridiculous
>>
>>1248706
Do you think people get them thinking they will look cool?
>>
In almost 2 decades of travel I have never been pick pocketed or robbed.
>>
>>1249642
what do you look like
>>
>>1248636
Belt, neck wallet chafes. Also you can get yanked from behind.
>>
File: IMG-20151213-WA0070.jpg (114KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151213-WA0070.jpg
114KB, 900x1600px
>>1249817
I am black, but also short
>>
>>1249858
5 ft 7. Really 5 foot 6 and some change when flat footed
>>
>>1249858

t. Mac
>>
>>1249862
Fish?
>>
>>1248636
A friend of mine, a very avid traveler, was walking around Barcelona with a neck wallet and a smiling lady walked up close to him, grabbed it, said "nice wallet!", laughed, and walked away. They're really not at all secret for pickpockets, and can be easily snatched if anyone really wants to bother.

My wife used a money belt when we were in Nairobi, then forgot all about propriety, and reached into her pants in a market to buy something. Locals with us laughed, but nobody robbed her. And she's not an unsavvy traveler, she just had an absent-minded moment.

I've never used either. I mostly use front pockets and caution, or a limited amount of shit in my wallet when I'm out somewhere theft could be a problem.
>>
>>1248636
I've traveled with all kinds for years, it's not something to obsess over

honestly it's a band-aid for "common sense"
if you lack common sense, no security gadget will really help you

the reason wallets get stolen is because people leave them lying around, tourists claim to have been "pick pocketed" but more often than not they just left a wallet on a counter or table

everyone knows about these products, thieves know more about them then you ever could

decide in advance if you are going to resist a mugging by fighting, running, or using a decoy wallet.
there are very few circumstances when I wouldn't just give up my day to day wallet.
often I would give up my hidden wallet without delay, my life is worth more than a credit card and passport I can cancel in an hour

the secret is to use TWO wallets
one wallet with day to day money, one hidden with credit cards, passports etc.
too often I see stupid stupid tourists trying to use a hidden wallet to replace their normal one, and flashing where their real valuables are whenever they buy a bottle of water

also worth pointing out there is little point getting a hidden wallet if you're nervously checking to see if it's there every other second

and when you choose a hidden wallet, it need not be an actual wallet
-belt wallets carry more things with more discretion
-neck wallets are obvious if you're just wearing a shirt, but are more comfortable in hot weather
-with neck wallets there is a risk of injury if one is snatched
-under the belt wallets are the most discreet, if you can use one I'd recommend using one
-storing things in the sole of a shoe works very well, particularly a back up card (just don't forget its there)
- a shoulder bag can work ok provided its got metal, kevlar or fibro- interweave
less secure and not hidden, but can be used as a regular wallet

deep pockets are decent enough protection too
but again: COMMON SENSE
>>
>>1248699
man if someone can open your buttoned pocket without you noticing you must be a literal retard

take the handjob and don't complain
>>
I use neither. Zipper pants pocket or internal jacket pocket has never let me down desu.
>>
>>1249868

Out of everyone from that chat who could be on /trv/, your guess is Fish?
>>
>>1250247
He is the only one I know that for fact posts on /trv/. He has even reposted stuff from /trv/ in the chat. I know there are some /int/ and /pol/ posters. Even saying "that chat" only narrows it down to like 3 or 4 chats I am in with Fish.v
>>
Where do i hide my cards/money/phone when its hot and i dont have a jacket or when im in a nightclub?
Right now i just put the cards in the frontpocket of my pants so its very difficult to get them out but i really dont know what to do with my phone.
Is it better to just leave it at home?
>>
>>1250330
In your bra
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.