[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm fucking done with Canada. I have bo idea how this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1410.jpg (990KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1410.jpg
990KB, 3264x2448px
So I'm fucking done with Canada. I have bo idea how this place has such a good reputation internationally when it's so fucking cold and boring. I've lived in Van, Tor and now Cal and I'm done with it, I travel for work and I've seen the whole place and its a libcuck wasteland of taxation.

So anyway, now that I'm done school I've been to Taiwan and Vietnam and its bangin' there so I need advice on quitting my job (that took four months to get cause fuck the economy). Has anyone done this? I have a few ideas to sustain long term travel (at least 6 months I want to do SEA).

1. Travel and teach English (I have a friend that will hook me up in Hanoi but I heard Hanoi is crazier than HCMC and that place was nuts).

2. Just save money and quit my job and go on a one way ticket. I save about 1000 CAD per month (because shit is so overpriced here). How much should be a good cushion to save for a year?

3. Do a PhD for 3 years, maybe in Taipei and travel around from home base as flights are cheaper then (I loved Taipei). Plus on this is I'll feel like I'm doing something in life and not being degenerate like most """backpackers""".
>>
There's a place called Casa Diablo youll have a lot of fun.
>>
File: Capture.png (412KB, 341x502px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
412KB, 341x502px
>>1248547
>> I have bo idea how this place has such a good reputation internationally

Probably bc compared to the USA, Canada looks pretty chill.
>>
File: 1494094902068.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494094902068.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>1248547
> Do a PhD for 3 years, maybe in Taipei

How well do international degrees hold up back in the US?

Also, wouldn't it be super difficult to get an advanced degree in a foreign language?
>>
>>1248889
Mostly in English at that level actually. But yea, not sure how valuable it is.
>>
>>1248547
>Travel and teach English
Are you in a hurry and want to get out ASAP?

>Just save money
This is what I'm doing. I'm planning to save for a year, just to be on the safe side.

What are you going to do when you have to come back home though?

>PhD for 3 years
That seems like a fairly big commitment, especially if you mostly just want to travel. I personally wouldn't want to go back to studycucking for anything.
>>
>>1248889
Taiwanese degrees are fairly well regarded when they come from one of the good universities, depending on the field of course. It's definitely a possibility if you really want to go that route OP, but I'd only do it if I were planning on doing a PhD anyway, don't just do it purely to get out of Canada.
>>
File: i1jpjd[1].png (361KB, 400x528px) Image search: [Google]
i1jpjd[1].png
361KB, 400x528px
>>1248737
This
>>
>>1248987
Are the classes in English?

Also, how are the prices for school over there?
>>
>>1248547
>Do a PhD for 3 years, maybe in Taipei and travel around from home base
Do you even know what a PhD involves? A foreign PhD program not something you enroll in on a whim because you thing your country is "cucked". You need a Masters degree, and either inherited wealth to live off, or extremely high grades to get a scholarship, or resignation to years of living in poverty combining work and study. Only the most autistic complete in the assigned time of 3 years (for dissertation-only programs), and there are no spring break beach parties.
>>
Buy property in a smaller community in BC and then go travel. That's what I'm doing. Stay out of big cities unless you wanna put up with loads of bs
>>
>>1248929
hmm yea good advice. Mostly I think I want an extended trip and I can't do that at a job that gives me a laughable 10 days per year vacay. Maybe save until I feel like quitting then go for however long feels good.
>>
>>1249024
bump for interest

-OP

Pretty sure PhD is in English, I'm from chemistry and have a BSc and MSc so there shouldn't be too much coursework. Germany was my other thought but Taipei is bumpin
>>
>>1249054
I have a masters with a 3.8/4 gpa and previous scholarships and several refs... getting in is not an issue
>>
>>1249057
Sadly work makes me live in Calgary... could be a lot worse though
>>
>>1249054
I mean, to be fair... Canada is pretty cucked.
>>
>>1249062
Nice, if you're in Taipei in May 2018 let's have a beer, lel
>>
>>1249080
Okay :3
>>
>>1249024
Yes there are a lot of programs offered in English at many universities. Prices as far as I know are pretty low, but I only know locals who go to school in Taiwan, so there might be higher costs for foreigners. I've also heard that you can get a scholarship pretty easily for certain fields, but I don't really know about how that works with PhDs.
>>
>>1249374
thx
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.