[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you personally rate the following cities, best at top

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: %0A1483421109032.jpg (1MB, 1985x3000px) Image search: [Google]
%0A1483421109032.jpg
1MB, 1985x3000px
How would you personally rate the following cities, best at top and worst at bottom:

>New York City
>San Francisco
>Boston
>Seattle
>Portland
>Minneapolis
>Ann Arbor
>Pittsburgh
>Vancouver
>Toronto
>Ottawa
>Montreal
>Stockholm
>Zurich
>Vienna
>Moscow
>Reykjavik
>Rome
>Krakow
>Oslo
>Helsinki

Leave it out if you haven't been there
>>
>Seattle
More chilled with plenty of nature to admire. Get's boring quickly though.
>Rome
Lots of history, a bit frantic sometimes and gypsy pickpockets
>New York
Toursity scenic, but essentially over rated
>San Francisco
See above but add additional hobos pissing in the streets
>>
>>1248256
>Gets boring quickly
As opposed to where???
>>
>>1248240
> Rome
Overrated shithole 0/0
>>
>Seattle
Lots of stuff to do and see, gorgeous in the summer. Shitty weather in the winter and girls are not that pretty, though.
>Vancouver
Seattle but with more Asians
>Portland
Seattle but... weirder, sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a "stop trying so hard" way
>Rome
Very beautiful city with lots of history, locals are friendly enough, but not much to do outside of looking at things and eating food
>Minneapolis
I was only here once as a kid and all I remember is the mall of America, apparently it's Seattle but in the Midwest though.

If Berlin was on the list it would be pretty high on mine, it's Seattle but German so you can kinda see a pattern here
>>
>>1248240
>NYC
Great food, pretty cool, a lot of shit to do, 10/10 when I hear an authentic NY accent
>San Francisco
Alright, if you aren't rich you won't have as much fun, good scenery, but you have to travel hours to get anywhere, kinda sucks doing that
>Zurich
Clean, good food, nothing really to write home about, I enjoyed my stay but not as good as Bern or Lucerne

>Rome
Disappointing, great food, looks a little bit like a 2nd world country and a 3rd world is some parts of the city, Vatican is cool, too many tourists
>Toronto
Went during winter so it sucked
>>
>>1248272
>Berlin
You haven't been to many German cities if that is rated high

Berlin is about as fun as Cologne and it has just as many dindus

South Germany > North Germany
>>
>Vienna
Really enjoyed. Cosy, nice museums, nice city center.
>Rome
History lover's dream. Bit crowded tho.
>New York City
Good fun.
>Stockholm
Nice but not pretty boring.
>Oslo
Pretty ugly, filled with annoying Scandinavian hipsters.
>San Francisco
Hobos and ugly people everywhere. Only historical to US standards. Not actually that much to visit.
>>
>>1248240
>San Francisco
As bad as haters say it is in some respects--incredibly expensive, major homeless problem, tech douchebags crowding out more interesting/bohemian types, etc.--but still my favorite American city. Diverse, mild weather, great food, uncommon physical and architectural beauty. Has everything I want out of a major city, without being too big. Moved here 15 years ago and never looked back.
>New York City
I liked NYC a lot when I was young--used to live there. I find it a bit claustrophobic and smug nowadays, but still like to visit, and recommend it to visitors.
>Montreal
My favorite Canadian city. Great art and culture, history. Would like to try living there, except for the fact that I don't really speak French.
>Moscow
I'm one of only a few who likes Moscow more than Petersburg. Big, interesting, refreshingly unfriendly, good transit, very Russian.
>Zurich
Really pretty. Not all that exciting. Very small. Shockingly expensive.
>Minneapolis
An underrated American city. Friendly, comparatively cheap, has a lot going on. Excellent arts, excellent restaurants. Major downside is insufficient transit and a bit of sprawl. Oh, and that the winter will literally kill you.
>Boston
Great history. Decent subway. Worth visiting. My brother lives there. I wouldn't want to, but I like passing.
>Seattle
A little like San Francisco, but less so.
>Helsinki
OK, a bit boring? But I've only been in the winter; people tell me it's great in the summer.
>Stockholm
Would like it at half the price. Pretty, bike-friendly, friendly for Scandinavia. Probably a bit overrated. I don't care for the food.
>Portland
I have never quite gotten it. I've known a lot of people who lived there, and many many people who love it dearly. Seems pretty, small, not as diverse as it should be. I like it okay but never understood the fuss.
>Ann Arbor
A pleasant enough college town, but not a city. Also not my favorite college town, even the Midwest (I'd put Madison WI in that slot).
>>
>>1248322
>Pittsburgh
I'm only scoring this one this low because I only passed through very quickly. It was kind of a pleasant surprise. Cool physical setting, interesting infrastructure. Probably better than you think it is.
>Vancouver
Spent even less time here that I did in Pittsburgh. Seems like a pretty setting, similar to San Francisco in some respects. Would like to see more of it.
>>
>>1248324
Pittsburgh is a shithole. Don't bother.
>>
I've lived in a bunch of these, visited the rest.

>>Rome
>>Vienna
>>Vancouver
>>San Francisco
>>Krakow
>>New York City
>>Seattle
>>Boston
>>Portland
>>Ann Arbor
>>Pittsburgh

It all depends on what you're into though.
>>
File: DSC_0034.jpg (3MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0034.jpg
3MB, 4096x2304px
>Vancouver
One of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited with the best public transport system after vienna. Friendly people, cool subcultures, legal weed, best beer in the world (Granville Island English Bay Ale), totally chilled, wonderful outdoors.

>Vienna
My hometown. Great culture, lots of parks and recreation places, nice nightlife, very few drug addicts and homeless on the streets, officially the best city in the world (https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp)

>Zurich
Beautiful small city. Nice if you have lots of money.

>Seattle
Good place to live if you are a programmer with companies like Microsoft and Valve in the area. A bit too crowded for me and the public transport is shit. The EMP is nice tho.

>New York City
Either you love it or you hate it. I personally like the feeling in the city, especially the southern parts like Brooklyn and Queens.

>Toronto (In the picture, it's crooked because i was in a canoe)
I don't like the city. Too many people, too big buildings and too small roads. Alcohol stores close in the evening and you can't get beer anywhere else. I had to use my connections with a shady laundry owner to get some takeaway beers from an ethiopian cafe. It felt like buying some illegal drugs from negros in a hood in eastern Toronto. Never again.
>>
>>1248240

I'm not gonna rank them.

>>New York City
Great city, it has so much with Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and areas around the city. People from here suck though unless they're down to Earth.

>San Francisco
Really cool city, but only went when I was kid. It seems like so much fun. Really want to visit.

>Boston

Great city, so much history it is insane. Great sea food, comfy new england. You can go to the original cheers bar or the replica.

>Seattle
Music museum is awesome. Space Needle is really cool. Went there for a day recently and wish I coulda stayed longer. So beautiful with all the mountains and such nice around it. Really want to go back there and want to potentially live in Washington one day.

>Minneapolis
As another Anon said extremely underrated. Really cool vibe. You need a car though. But it's a really nice city with nice people. Good food and bar scene.

>Vancouver
Really cool city but the homeless problem kinda puts a bummer on it. Really cool music scene and really nice. Hopefully visiting later this year. But yea the homelessness is kinda weird.

>Stockholm
A nice city but the memes are kinda true. Really expensive, if you like to drink expect to go poor. The beer you get at the stores is 2 or 3% alcohol and beer at bars is really expensive. Check out old city hall.

>Zurich
I thought this place was overrated and shitty. I left early, fuck Zurich. Geneva is based though. Like seriously not enough good things to say about Geneva.

>Vienna
One of those places that can be like a real life Disney if you go to the right places. I liked it a lot.

>Rome
So great with all the old Roman stuff. If you go you gotta get a good guide and see everything. It's seriously amazing. Great food too(obviously). would be better if you didn't have to tell Africans trying to sell you a selfie stick constantly. So fucking annoying.

continued
>>
>>1248596
>Krakow
Really nice city. The square is so cool. Loads of cool day trips(even though one of them is Auschwitz but you should check it out). So nice and Poland has really underrated food if you go to the right places. Liked it a lot.

>Helsinki
I liked Helsinki there just isn't that much to do. I liked the art museum. It has such a weird vibe. Like you can feel the strangeness of finland there. Idk it's hard to put into words. Protip you can get a cheap boat ticket to St. Petersburg and go there visa free for 3 days (2 full days). It cost like a 100 bucks and St. Petersurg is cheap as fuck.
>>
>>1248596
>>1248598
I'm this guy, what is this for OP?
>>
>>1248599
just wanting to move out and don't have the money to drive or fly around to a bunch of places. I'm from Pittsburgh
>>
>>1248601
Oh you shoulda mentioned that OP.

>Boston
>Seattle
>Minneapolis
>Vancouver

I would pick Vancouver or Seattle IMO

If you want NA

>Vienna
>Krakow
>>
>>1248603
if you like beer, go to vienna. if you like weed, go to vancouver.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.