[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'll be in Gothenburg for a few weeks on business. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: gothenbug.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
gothenbug.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
So I'll be in Gothenburg for a few weeks on business. How is it? I've looked at a couple of lists of tourist destinations, and it seems like there are some good bars and museums. Is it safe to walk around after dark there? What should I expect? Any notable places to visit?
>>
Also is the migrant meme real?
>>
Gothenburg is amazing. It has the bustle of a city but feels chill as fuck. The fine art museum, the publix gardens and the Fish church (get the gravlax at the second story restaurant, one of the best meals of my life) were highlights. And get an oversized cinnamon bun at Cafe Hassan and good coffee literally everywhere.
In the more touristy areas of Gothenburg I saw mostly blonde Swedes, way more than in Stockholm. The migrant meme is just /pol/ talking out their ass, dont wander into random neighborhoods (you'd have to go out of your way to do this) and youll be fine. Felt way safer than every major American city Ive been to.

Tl;dr Gothenburg is awesome, more chill/relaxed than exciting. Enjoy Id go back in a heartbeat
>>
>>1248161
Oh and if you have time take the ferry to Styrso and rent a bike. Bike riding around the island is Scandinavian bliss
>>
>>1248124
It's as real as pizzagate.
>>
File: 20160615_121301_HDR.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160615_121301_HDR.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
>>1248161
Pretty much what this anon said, its a chill city and worth picking up and over sized cinnamon bun.
Its also worth checking out the botanical gardens and fish church....if you like fish.
>>
>>1248161
>>1248391
>Let's play spot the Gothenburgers...

Gothenburg is a piece of shit, on even level with all the other shit-hole cities in Sweden. At least Stockholm is beautiful. Gothenburg has had an inferiority complex since it's founding, and it has never gotten better. Nobody that isn't a Gothenburger has anything more to say about Gothenburg than "meeh".

>none.jpg no interesting meme pic for Gothenburg was found (seriously, I looked)
>It's that kind of place
>>
>>1248447
>Let's play spot the /pol/tards

Please go back to your containment board
>>
It's definitely a relatively chill city. I never felt unsafe at night, but then I am a tall white dude.

Go to the big city park (Slottsskogen) and the botanical gardens if you just want to enjoy a sunny day.

The bar life is centered around Andra Långgatan (that's a street), you have bars for all kinds of people, very close together. I never liked the club life in Gothenburg though.

If you get out to Delsjön (you can take the tram and walk the last bit I think) there are very nice trails for walking and running in nature. Well worth it.
>>
File: huEman.png (2MB, 916x1416px) Image search: [Google]
huEman.png
2MB, 916x1416px
I was in Gothenburg in March and had some real fun. Loads of really nice bars, went to the theater and art musem (which are conveniently next to each other) I would recommend going to the archipelago for a nice day trip. Public transport is super easy there are tram stops everywhere and you just jump on and off.
>>
>>1248161
>way more than in Stockholm.
That's not saying much.
>The migrant meme is just /pol/ talking out their ass
It's not really, they just tend to exaggerate due to "Sweden Yes" memes and armchair Americans.
>>1248120
>Is it safe to walk around after dark there?
Yes, for the most part. You're only likely to get into trouble in areas with non-Swedes, so if you start seeing Arabs, Blacks and Commie housing it's time to walk another way.

Specifically avoid Angered, Bergsjön, Biskopsgården, Kortedala and Hisingsbacka.
>>
>>1248472
>muh reading comprehension
>muh strawman
>uhm proud sveriges framstjärtboende.
I am very much anti/pol. That does not mean that I can't be anti/gothenburg too.
>>
File: 7a4b799c3bff8d63.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
7a4b799c3bff8d63.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>1248370
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.