[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I be redpilled on US cities? What's worth it and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: map_of_usa.jpg (68KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
map_of_usa.jpg
68KB, 466x350px
Can I be redpilled on US cities? What's worth it and what isn't? Seattle caught my eye but I want /trv/s opinion
>>
Also what i'm looking at is Minneapolis and Boston
>>
I live in Seattle so I'm slightly biased but I love it. Come in the summer, though. We have something for everyone: mountains and great nature nearby, pretty nice beer (at least for the states), a fantastic clubbing and bar scene, great food from tons of cultures, and tons of things to do.

You may find the people slightly unfriendly, there's a phenomenon called the "Seattle freeze" which is definitely a thing. In general people, outside of a few sets of scenarios, deeply prefer to be left alone. I don't think people are really rude, if you ask them a question they'll be happy to answer, but it would be very hard to strike up a conversation.

I don't know much about Minneapolis, I've only been there once and I was young. The mall of America was pretty cool but I don't know what else is even there, I don't have a very high opinion of the Midwest in general. Haven't been to Boston but you'll probably get pretty polarized responses, might be fun to visit.
>>
>>1247407
Seattle sounds nice. I'll probably choose there anyway
>>
File: IMG_20170506_162450.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_162450.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Seattle is fine and all, but it's fuck off expensive.
Portland imo offers almost all the same experiences and culture with a little less price. Still spendy, but less.

Midwest cities like Minneapolis can be rad, but can be boring too. Problem with Midwest is the distance between cities if you desire something else. America has shit for trains or public transit, so be sure to plan ahead some on all that.

Louisville Kentucky is one of my favorite gems of the Midwest. Cheap, fun, and a weird mix of everything good and redneck that America had to offer.

I mean, what are you trying to do while there? Club? Chill? Hike? It's a big ass place man.
>>
>>1247393
LA isnt as good as the media says it is.
>>
what is tucson, arizona like?
I want to visit somewhere like I used to see in all those 80's and 90's mpvies and tv shows where its a sexy hot desert city and at sundown you can see the reflaction of a red sun off of the glass panes of the buildings with mountains and desert jn the background.

absolutely beautiful. I hope such a place exists.
>>
Seattle is a gorgeous city with some seriously bad fatal flaws.

The weather is so bad that seasonal depression is a real thing for the majority of people that didn't grow up in that kind of dark climate. The rain doesn't bother you, it's the endless days of clouds - between October and April this year there were a total of *3* sunny days. 3 fucking days out 7 months. The rest either cloudy and dark or rainy, cloudy, and dark. The weather is only reliably good in July/August so you have to cram all your outdoor plans into a few months.

"Seattle Freeze" is a very real thing and makes it hard to get into a group of friends. It's like cliqueish-ness dialed up to an extreme. People are very polite and easy to talk to around but actually making friends is harder than anywhere else I've lived, by a longshot.

And the dating scene is just awful for single men. The Amazon influx really screwed up the ratios and they're getting worse over time, as guys from silicon valley move up to Seattle for the cost of living. So a guy that could get an 8 in NYC would have to work hard to get a 6 in Seattle, no exaggeration.

And there are seriously almost no attractive women in Seattle. They're nearly all chubby, a bit more masculine, and don't take care of their appearance (hair, clothes, makeup) the way that women in other areas of the country do. But definitely some really cool girls there personality-wise, deeper and more intellectual than normal.
>>
>>1247484
Kentucky is more Southern than Midwestern
>>
>>1247836
Sounds very scandinavian.
>>
Fuck off we're full.
>>
>>1247979

Except without the beautiful women & generally accepted notion that exercise & outdoor activity is a necessity.

Seattle/Portland sound terrible, and what that anon wrote is definitely a common theme I hear when those places are mentioned, especially about the dating scene and women, who I imagine to be mostly overweight hipster types with ugly haircuts and glasses, shitty tattoos and flanelette shirts...correct me if I am wrong.
>>
>UGH all the women are in the pac NW are just so un-dateable for a supreme gentleman such as myself

The delusion on these boards is getting pretty high. Maybe dating is tough for you because you browse 4chan and are likely fat, unattractive, have an abrasive personality, or any combination of these. Just a thought.
>>
File: tucson az.jpg (396KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
tucson az.jpg
396KB, 1440x960px
>>1247832
Unlike Phoenix there are real mountains surrounding the city, meaning you can escape the summer heat without needing to drive for 2+ hours
Unlike Phoenix there are no large lakes or major rivers nearby, only (usually dry) creeks and small isolated lakes.
The desert is superb, and variations are all around; drier stuff West and North, greener areas South and East.
There are a lot of historic sites in and around the city.
Downtown is smallish but connects with 4th ave and University, great food abounds throughout the city.

If you visit in the mid-late summer it will be really hot but the monsoon storms are amazing to see.
In the winter snowbirds come from the Midwest/Canada and the weather is great.
>>
>>1248024
That looks beautiful, anon. Just how i'd imagined. I'd love to go.
>>
File: monsoon.jpg (1MB, 1600x1106px) Image search: [Google]
monsoon.jpg
1MB, 1600x1106px
>>1248026
Tucson gets a lot of shit from Phoenicians but it's not bad, just different.
If you like airplanes or telescopes or cold war missile silos we have you covered too.
>>
>>1247493
I think if anything, LA is portrayed as a shithole more often than it is portrayed as some glamorous place
>>
>>1247836
Yep, I moved to Seattle about a year ago and I can definitely confirm these things. It's been 14 months and I am just now finally making my way into a friend group, and only because a) I have fantastic, friendly coworkers, and b) I'm actually really trying now.
The only girls I've had much luck with were of the described, chubbier, fairly slutty girls that I met on tinder and hooked up with a few times. There was one girl that didn't match that description, she was really thin and really quite sexy in her own way (certainly not stereotypically attractive) but had a really unusual personality and ended up deciding to date this other guy after a couple weeks of hanging out with her. I've met a lot of awesome people through or as a part of the clubbing scene though; I'm too new to really integrate into that community but it's a good one if you put in the work.

And yes, it's fuck all expensive. My rent for a single bedroom apt is nearly $2k, it's absurd.

I don't mind the weather, I like it a lot actually, but it helps if you take a short vacation around January or February to somewhere sunny.

The thing that really makes Seattle worth it for me is just how much there is to do there. Like hiking and the outdoors? Beautiful nature all around the city. Like clubbing? The music scene there is top-notch. Like winter sports? There's a couple great mountains nearby. Like Canada? Vancouver is just a couple hours away. Like beer? We have craft beer and breweries coming out of our ass. Like drills? We've got a huge doozy of a drill burrowing around under downtown. Like drugs? Weed is legal and party drugs are easy to find and high quality.
>>
File: Unknown.png (3KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
3KB, 310x163px
Give San Diego a thought bud. That city has it all; great weather, great beaches and beautiful women. Not to mention that the boarder is right there so you can jump across for some beautiful Mexican women and cheap fun.

As for all the people discussing life and women in the pacific NW. I really do think liberal white women make terrible girl friends, wives and mothers.

I myself am into hispanics at the moment, i think White women or white washed minorities are really shitty in the West at the moment and are really hard to get along with. So the Seattle, Portland and West coast region is infested with them, keep that in mind. But thats just from my experience.
>>
>>1247983
>mostly overweight hipster types with ugly haircuts and glasses, shitty tattoos and flanelette shirts...correct me if I am wrong.

It's not quite like that. Most girls look pretty normal and don't have weird hair or clothes. But they're almost all flabby, don't make their hair nice, and don't spend much time on makeup or pick flattering clothes. The culture and the lack of competition (given the ratio) makes them not try at all. And just in general they are less attractive than normal (less potential in the first place), I don't know why.

>>1247989
Go there and then compare it to any other major US city, you'll see.
>>
File: 1479282220228.gif (241KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479282220228.gif
241KB, 300x300px
>>1248090

But yeah what do you folks think? Are liberal white women lacking morals, religion and culture; not to mention extremely hard to get along with or is that just me?

Im a strong, proud and conservative white man, so I'm biased.
>>
>>1247484
>Louisville Kentucky is one of my favorite gems of the Midwest
No one who has been to both the Midwest would call Kentucky the Midwest. Are you retarded? It's the South. It's obviously the South if you've ever even been there.
>>
>>1247407
>i dont have a very high opinion of the midwest
>ive only been there once when i was a kid

Youre a fucking retard. Minneapolis is based and is actually very similar culturally to Seattle, minus mountains.
>>
>>1247393
>>1247396
Seattle: liberal hipster central, great seafood, gorgeous scenery, mild but rainy weather 8 months a year, spring and summer are gorgeous, booming economy, one of the fastest growing cities in America, great hiking and skiing nearby, very expensive housing, legal pot.

Minneapolis: Also full of white liberals (not saying theres anything right or wrong with that, but thats who lives there), nice people, hot humid summers and freezing cold winters, flat midwestern scenery, cheap housing, decent food/beer scene, good lakes/hunting/snowmobiling nearby, probably wont outgrow itself the way Seattle is.

Boston: full of white racists, irish background, good sports scene, good seafood, fairly expensive housing, close to new hampshire for hiking/skiing, i got bored with the city after a year or so

My recommendation: If you can afford it, Seattle, if you cant, Minneapolis.
>>
>>1248092
>liberal white women
I think that it's hard to generalise about a group of a few hundred million people.
>>
Why are women in the PNW so fucking ugly?
>>
>>1248125
Minimum wage is like 2k a month after taxes in Seattle lol anyone can afford a small studio apartment there. It's not like NYC or the Bay area.
>>
>>1248090
sd the only place in cali to ban kratom
>>
>>1248267
Ok, but for adults who want to live above ground and have a bedroom, Seattle is expensive.

No it's not the bay area or NYC, but those aren't the only expensive cities, just the most expensive ones.
>>
>>1248300
you can get a 1br IN Seattle for like $1,200. I still don't see the problem even with a minimum wage job which has benefits anyway.
>>
>>1248302
Yeah go ahead and spend 60% of your net income on rent not accounting for food, utlities, insurance, leisure, etc

Just fuck off already, you sound like a retard
>>
>>1248217
Stereotypes exist for a reason.

I don't think they're hard to get along with, but I can imagine they do, generally speaking, make worse gf, wives and mothers.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>1247393
That feel when proud of Minneapolis being of the best places to live in the country, but don't want people to move here.
>>
>>1248397
It isn't. Seattle, Portland, Boston, Denver and Austin are all obvious steps above Minneapolis.
>>
>>1248458
Take out Boston and you're right
>>
>>1248574
No, Boston is a nice city you poop head.
>>
New Orleans is a must see for all humans on this planet
>>
>>1248397
Minneapolis has way too many somalis and sjw types. It's like a san francisco lite.
>>
I live like 15 minutes outside of Boston and I probably wouldn't suggest it for most people.

The nightlife is pretty lame. Last call is 2am, however our subway system (The T) only runs until around midnight. This means a lot of people leaving bars at like 1130pm to catch the last train. (Ride sharing services have actually made it much easier to get a cheap ride after the T shuts down at least). Also, not that it's for everybody, but if you have any interest in strip clubs you're going to be sorely disappointed. There's only a couple places in town and they're pretty overpriced and extremely lackluster once inside.

Boston is also a much smaller city than a lot of people realize. If you're looking to do a lot of walking around and sight seeing you're going to start seeing a lot of the same things over again by like halfway through day 2 haha.

That said, if you're a history buff or a big sports fan you could definitely kill a few enjoyable days in the city, there's some decent breweries in the area if you're a beer guy, and it's also only a couple hours south of White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire. If you're into hiking there's literally thousands of miles of trails up there and you can hit some of the more famous portions of the Appalachian trail in a single day.

But again, where most people are traveling to a city to sight see, experience culture, and enjoy the nightlife, Boston is going to leave you disappointed in that regard.
>>
>>1248397
Even if we ignore the horrible weather, there are still many cities and even states that are above Minneapolis, and that's coming from someone who plans to move to the twin cities.
>>
>>1247393
Portland women for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X1xOKMKX80
>>
>>1248034
Tuscon is exactly like Phoenix but smaller, poorer and with even more Mexicans.
>>
>>1247484
regardless of what people want to call Kentucky, it's a great place, lots of nice white people, Austin TX is also a great one. Say hi to Alex Jones if you stop by!
>>
>>1247393
>Flagstaff on a national map

Never ceases to make me laugh.
>>
>>1247989

Seattle women look like dogs compared to most major cities. Portland has been described as "home of the other white meat" for the landwhales (and freaks) that congregate there.

In Seattle, women who are homely and a 5 with makeup bat WAY above their average with the tech money flowing around.

Even at the UW where you expect qt girls, you have maybe 1 out of 10 who would be considered "hot" by Cali standards.
>>
>>1247989
ANY guy can do much better in other cities.

If a guy can get a 7 in NYC, he can get a 5 in Seattle. If he can only get 5s in NYC, he'll get landwhales in Seattle.

Even Portland is somewhat better because of the better gender ratio, but still the girls aren't great there.
>>
>>1247989
girls in the PNW suck dude.
>>
How's Montana? I've watch tons of vids but that really doesn't help with the feel?
>>
Any tips for a 2-3 night stay in Detroit?

Watching the eclipse in August and will most likely be flying home via Detroit, think it's an interesting place and would like to stay there.
>>
>>1251549
Its amazing. Bozeman is a cool college town, Billings is alright, but kinda far from bigass mountains. Little Big Horn is interesting. People in Montana are super friendly.
>>
>>1248968
Seconding this, living here is kinda surreal, so many different people from different cultures and countries, plus the French quarter on quiet days has a quaint European city feel to it

Plus:
Food 10/10
Bar scene 10/10
Fun wise 10/10
Outdoors 10/10

The literal only downside is the blacks in poor areas, but other than that it's awesome
>>
>>1252153
>oitdoors: 10/10

If you like sweltering heat and humidity maybe

I mean it's got more interesting geography than your average midwestern shithole, but it's nowhere near a "10/10."
>>
>>1247989
maybe i just think asians are fucking hot

>>1247393
>Can I be redpilled on US cities?
They will suck the life and morality out of you. The only thing they are good for is ethnic food, and it will be the only authentic thing you can find in a city.
>>
>>1251627
Woodward ave is the "cool" part of detroit if you like restaurants and such. Otherwise there's greektown, and i think the detroit institute of art is pretty neat. If you get out of the main areas it's still a wreck though, even if it's on the up and up again.
>>
>>1252560
The fuck are you talking about? Yeah it's hot for like 3 months out of the year, then it's fine unless you have a vagina

Hunting is top notch, you can kill most game, and fishing is even better, the swamps are great for boats, and we have hills too that are good for hiking, kayaking is fun, literally the only thing we are missing is mountains, but we have everything else

So yeah our outdoors is 10/10, except if you are a pussy and can't handle a little heat during a limited part of the year
>>
>>1252690
>hot as fuck
>no mountains
>10/10

Just admit it isnt a 10/10 you triggered little faggot
>>
>>1248092
If your so strong why are you having a hard time getting women that are "lacking morals"
>>
>>1252720
Lol someone hates Louisiana, you do know most places get hot as fuck right? You do know that from late September to early may the high rarely exceeds 80°

And mountains are great but I've been to places with moutains with shit outdoors

Just admit it's a 10/10 princess
>>
>>1253032
Not the same faggot, but come on man, not a 10 unless you love the swamp
>>
>>1247393
I've lived in several cities for multiple years a piece, here's my honest opinions.

>Miami

Long commutes, hot and humid. Very small job market for most college degrees outside of medicine. Felt very suburban to me. Cost of living is too high, the heat brings out the worst in people. I'm glad I left.

> Madison, WI

Beautiful "small-town" with an ever-growing tech scene. Crime is very low, I basically never worried about people doing anything strange here. Neighbors are friendly and cost of living is very reasonable. There isn't a lot of work to be done there, most of the jobs are already filled and there's a great deal of prosperity. I very much recommend living here for a low-key life where you still have access to the good things.

> Los Angeles

LA is always portrayed as either Beverly Hills or Compton, but really it's got everything in between. Lifestyles change drastically on a block-by-block basis. Each area is basically it's own city. Venice is hipster ground-zero. Palms is a sleepy neighborhood where grandparents live. Beverlywood is like little israel.

Cost of living is generally high, don't come unless you've got a job already lined up and can make over 80K a year. It has the best of everything, and is slowly morphing into a modern tech city thanks to uber and a gigantic influx of VC funding. The meme that 1 in 6 people in LA work in the arts is basically true, and I'll say that LA makes me feel like anything is possible if I work hard enough.

The crime element is real and helicopters can be heard all night. For the most part, nobody has ever bothered me, just some homeless people yelling on the bus. LA has extreme levels of disparity. The poor here are extremely poor and lead miserable lives beyond what is reasonable in a first world country.

Anyway, I recommend LA to people early in their career, because you'll have plenty of options to choose from and it's not a half-bad place to spend the rest of your life if you choose to settle down.
>>
>my town is the next silicon valley!
>>
File: 20170525_195109.png (480KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_195109.png
480KB, 1920x1080px
Been teaching English abroad for a couple years and I'm ready to come back home. Which city is the best in this area to find a job and start a family?
>>
>>1253809
Forgot to mention that New England could be doable as well.
>>
>>1250138
That bitch is a bitch. How fucking moron. Jews owned the slave ships! The south(confederacy) were fighting against unjust taxation.
>>
File: brody ironman 27apr10 03.jpg (76KB, 284x640px) Image search: [Google]
brody ironman 27apr10 03.jpg
76KB, 284x640px
>>1253754
>Anyway, I recommend LA to people early in their career, because you'll have plenty of options to choose from and it's not a half-bad place to spend the rest of your life if you choose to settle down.

I love LA on paper but the douchiness is off the charts there.
>>
>>1247393
I really like Las Vegas -cheap hostels, lots to do and easy to meet up with other travelers- plus its close to western US cities/attractions.
>>
This is the dumbest thread and it's because of this shit OP.

What are your interests? What do you want to get out of a city?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.