[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best US city for a young straight white male to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 58fef4b8387260559c6d4c576f163eeb.jpg (210KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58fef4b8387260559c6d4c576f163eeb.jpg
210KB, 1920x1200px
What is the best US city for a young straight white male to live in for 2 years? I have an inheritance that comes to me in $1,000 per month increments.
>>
Depends what you're into and what you want to do with yourself.

If you just want to dick around with your life then go somewhere that you can more or less live on that $1,000... not in the US. Maybe Vietnam or Thailand.
>>
>>1247824
>viet or thailand
I feel like being around all those asians would get real old real fast. Hows eastern europe or namibia?
>>
>>1247865
I don't know eastern europe, but unless you're talking Ukraine you'll have a hard time living on that as a foreigner. Even Ukraine would be tough. It's a big income relative to locals but you will be spending much more than local for decent comfort.

Namibia... wtf would you go there for? It's just one massive desert wasteland. The one capital city (can't remember the name) might be okay, but I literally can't think of a single reason why it'd be good to live there. The women are fugly too.

Thailand and Vietnam are interesting and the asians don't get tiresome to be around. They're nothing like Asian-Americans.
>>
>>1247865
>namibia

ishiggydiggy
>>
smaller college town would be fun, lots of young people, and could get a room for about $400 a month
$20/day isn't a lot but if you budget it properly and don't have a car you'd be ok

>>1247865
namibia is expensive unless you want to live around blacks
you could bounce between ukraine and georgia for visa purposes with that much money, would need to speak russian though
>>
Why the fuck do you think you can live off $1000 a month in America ? Sure you might be able to just survive there but you won't be able to do anything fun
>>
You can live literally anywhere in the US with that inheritance, but you better get a job. I mean, dude go to college! You have a huge opportunity here to work like what....20 hours a week and still easily make rent and have fun. If i were you i would go to college somewhere with a solid party scene and with a lot of young and vibrant people. your a fucking idiot if you do anything else without that degree.
>>
>>1248204
>I mean, dude go to college!
OP doesn't tell us what his situation is, but if he doesn't have a degree, he really should get one. $1000 a month isn't a totally huge amount unless you live in very cheap regions. Think of it as the financial equivalent of living at home - it'll cover rent and maybe some bills in most cities.

Check out numbeo.com for some cost comparisons between cities.
>>
>>1247301
Domincan Republic
>>
>>1247301
Puerto Rico, Mexico and >>1248448 if you want latinas, vietnam/thailand/nepal if you want asians...all are pretty cheap places to live in comfortably without shelling out a fortune like in the U.S.
>>
>>1247301
Portland, Maine.
>>
>>1247301
I'll help you out OP, but the question is if you want a car?

You could live in a shitty suburb of chicago and get around there. But no matter where you go you'll be poor as fuck with just 1000 assuming you don't get a job.

If you got a part time job you could live anywhere and have a shitty car.
>>
>>1247873
>>1247865

$1000 is decent in Poland, not very high lifestyle but you can rent a studio in suburbs and have a comfy life. Warsaw probably too expensive on that, but Wroclaw or Poznan should be fine.
>>
>>1248986
I wouldn't mind doing that.
>>
1000 a month is more than enough if you live in Latin america/SEA
>>
Slovakia is quite cheap and has amazing food/culture. You would only be able to live there for 3 months though. You could just constantly travel for life? Stay in cheap hostels etc. In terms of a US city, I would just pick the cheapest coastal city, maybe alaska or something?
>>
File: $100 Map.png (205KB, 1354x1181px) Image search: [Google]
$100 Map.png
205KB, 1354x1181px
>>1249122
The south is your best bet if you don't mind having a job so that you can have a car. Do you like outdoor activities? in that case I would really recommend Chattanooga Tennessee, it's a really nice small city.

You got Areas in Alabama and Mississippi that really aren't that bad in cities.

South Dakota could also be pretty comfy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.