[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I habe a question for all the USA anons on this board, Is Arizona

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9246.png (51KB, 825x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9246.png
51KB, 825x550px
I habe a question for all the USA anons on this board, Is Arizona a decent state to emigrate to for someone who comes from Europe? Is it too hot? Would I get shanked by Pablo Escobar or some shit?
>>
*have
>>
>>1247228
>Pablo Escobar
Holy shit, you bongs come up with the most interesting racial slurs sometimes.

No need to worry about personal safety in Arizona. They actually rank around #2 out of the 50 states in terms of firearms/carry/self-defense rights.
>>
>>1247233
Aye, I didn't mean it to be a slur whatsoever but I've heard that there are a lot of Mexicans in Arizona and I figured there'd be some cartel type shit there.
>>
>>1247244
arizona and the southwest touch mexico, so there's tons of mexicans in that whole region.

you won't get involved in cartel shit unless you actively seek them out

depending on where u go in AZ the altitude is high, if the climate's anything like colorado then it'll get cold in the winter and be hot in the summer. it's very dry, though
>>
>>1247228
We have a shit ton of germans here, the only thing they complain about is the heat but generally most stay inside or go to pool/lakes/water parks that are plentiful here. Tons of shit to do indoors in phoenix.
>Is it too hot
50C is where it maxes out in August, where the 3 months of heat happen. You can drive 2 hours north where it usually tops out at 25-26C in the summer. I never had a problem finding anything to do inside and the heat is so dry you don't sweat so much or notice it.

>Would I get shanked by Pablo Escobar

White people won't get attacked unless you are going to shanktown where you will know OH FUCK right away, Tuscon is mainly the worst part of AZ I call it mexico without mexico

I live here moved from the east coast, feel free to ask anything
>>
>>1247252
>arizona and the southwest touch mexico

Depends where you live, Flagstaff Prescott are largely white, Scottsdale/Phoenix/Ahwatukee have places where 80+% white
>>
>>1247262
Is it a great state for someone who loves the outdoors?
>>
>>1247275
9 Months out of the year yes, we actually are still getting snow in some of the mountain regions even in may.

Close to phoenix we have
We have rockclimbing, mountain climbing, some cool indian reservations you can go to and see old indian ghost towns, old west ghost towns, ALWAYS have a shit ton of events from October-Late april all outdoors, lakes for boating and fishing, biking trails, offroading courses. Bunch of cool shit

When you get into the mountains we have river tubing where you can basically tube down a river from the melting snow for a mile or so, see while horses sometimes, go fishing a shit ton up north. Flagstaff, Show Low and such have a bunch of forest area's for hunting, hiking and skii'ing(snowbowl) a lot, we even have a cool asteriod crater worth 1 visit, and a empty volcano that you can go exploring something like a mile into.

Aside from an ocean beach we have a lot to offer
>>
>>1247277
Sounds fantastic, is the wildlife really that dangerous? I come from a place where the most deadly animal is probably an enraged deer.
>>
Be prepared to drive everywhere in AZ. Everything is a 20+ minute drive away from everything else and you can't walk anywhere. Dunno what public transit is like but I'll take a guess and say bad
>>
>>1247322
>is the wildlife really that dangerous?
Nothing in this state will kill you from bites if that is what you are asking. Rattlesnakes are a thing but most will let you know when to back off by doing what they do, rattle just stay on the paths when hiking and you'll be fine. If you need guns are cheap and you can just walk in and buy one. I mean we have bees too, but where doesn't.

>>1247412
>Everything is a 20+ minute drive away from everything else
Not sure what you are talking about anon, most everywhere in has something to do relatively close unless you live in apache junction, maricopa(southern development) or buckeye(don't live there). I can easily uber anywhere fun for about 5 bucks and get there quick. Downtown is a bit of a different story but the tram is being expanded and gets you places quick.

>Dunno what public transit is like but I'll take a guess and say bad
It's actually pretty damn good, almost all roads are all north south or east west
>>
>>1247426
What are the locals like?
>>
>>1247499
There are basically no natives in Phoenix, so everyone is from all over the country and get along really friendly. Never had an issue with anyone here really.
>>
>>1247228
Go to Bisbee. It's everything Arizona is famous/liked/hated for. Smalltown desert SW US in a nutshell. Fantastically nice people.
>is it too hot for Europeans?
All of Arizona is, in summer. You'll die.
>>
File: Tombstone canyon buildings.jpg (595KB, 1444x960px) Image search: [Google]
Tombstone canyon buildings.jpg
595KB, 1444x960px
>>1247268
Flagstaff has a large hispanic population and is next to the reservation, it also has tourists from everywhere and lots of middle eastern people who are here for school.

>>1247891
Bisbee is great, I take people who come to visit there or to Jerome.
>>
>>1247244
What a fucking retard. Stay out.
>>
>>1248032
Fuck up, Juan.
>>
Great place

>one of the fastest growing states population wise in the last 50 years

>averages 4,000 hours of sunshine a year (most in the US, if not the world)

>close enough to Grand Canyon/LA/Las Vegas for a daytrip

>generally brand new construction

>redpilled populace
t. Californian.

I personally slightly prefer Nevada, but Arizona is great too
>>
>>1247244
You're a huge retard. Don't even come out here.

YOU WILL GET FUCKED UP with a horrible perception like that.

"mexicans" are just people, all humans are alike. who the fuck brainwashed you. let go of the racist mentality you have. mexicans are some of the nicest people ive ever met, hard-working, smart people.
>>
>>1248358
this. I feel like racism has stopped being a meme and is becoming/became an unironic opinion on here
>>
>>1248358
I was just joking lmao jesus..
>>
>>1247228
Late to the thread but still replying in hopes that you see this. I currently attend uni in Phoenix and have been living here for two years now. Overall I enjoy Arizona very much, and would recommend it with some reservations:

It is very hot, and will go over 40C sometimes during the summer, but I honestly do not view it is that big of a deal. It is only hot for 3 months, and for the rest of the year it ranges from bearable to actually being very nice weather during the winter months.

The population and economy are both trending upwards. The local economy is doing very well, and looks like it will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

The cost of living in very low, so it means the money that you save/spend/earn will go a lot farther.

I enjoy the culture, food, and amount of things to do. There is a fair share of gun toting white trash, but not an egregious amount relative to other parts of the US.
>>
>>1247228
join the masterrace my friend
>>
>>1249071
Thank you for your input.
>>
>>1249072
Someday.
>>
As it goes with almost every corner of the globe, you need to have money to fully appreciate it. Arizona is no exception.
>>
>>1247244
Fuck off with those racist mêmes
>>
Arizona is one of the toughest states when it comes to immigration laws. You have to know that the majority of the voting population is elderly white people that despise immigrants. Choose another state anon.
>>
>>1249557
Arizona is as tough as any other state, once you are a US citizen you can live anywhere in AZ with literally no problem. AZ is just toughest on illegal immigration.

Do you even know what you are talking about?
>>
>>1250402
"AZ is just toughest on illegal immigration"

dafuq? My point exactly ya dumb nigger.
>>
>>1250438
I'm fairly certain given what the OP has said he is coming in legal. So it wouldn't fucking matter.

Immigration != illegal immigration
>>
>>1250442
GTFO niggerfaggot
>>
>>1249557
They're often tough towards Hispanics and Hispanics only. No one really cares about illegal Canadians in the US.

BTW, Joe Arpaio is no longer sheriff of Maricopa County. He was the one creating the attention of being tough on illegals. County voted for someone who is less of an attention whore.
>>
>>1250532
Learn what the fuck you are talking about before posting.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.