[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Between Edmonton, Saskatoon and Winnepeg, which is the least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: images[1].jpg (13KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
13KB, 240x210px
Between Edmonton, Saskatoon and Winnepeg, which is the least shitty.

I'm passing through and I want to visit something in the middle of my country
But only one.
>>
>>1246423
are you the anon doing the train trip?
>>
>>1246458
Yes, VIA from Van to Quebec

I'm remembered?
>>
>>1246460
Anyway I'll be back in the morning, this is really the last decision before I buy the ticket. To go see one of the cities or skip it all together and chill in the east more.
>>
Well, I mean none of them are really worth your time. Never been to Winnipeg personally but have friends that live there. Apparently a giant shithole and isn't it the crime capital of canaderp?

Saskatoon and Edmonton are just prairie cities with the usual city amenities. I guess it depends what you're in to? Could go to West Ed Mall for the day
>>
just to spread the time on the train out winnipeg is a natural stop

the way the train is in and out at 10 and 11 at night means you're good for checking into a hotel, and you can just have some beer and cough syrup to get to sleep quick after you board
>>
The obvious choice here is Edmonton
>>
>>1246485
think OP is already stopping in jasper
>>
>>1246501
I am, it hardly breaks up the trip though because it's so early on.

>>1246474
Train passes through roughly every 2 days but I'm not totally sure how long it stay parked in each city. Is there a way to confirm how long I can just pass out there and keep going?

>>1246472
>Saskatoon and Edmonton are just prairie cities with the usual city amenities
This is kinda what I figured. Just feels like a missed opportunity to visit one. I can't imagine they have anything very far from what's available in Vancouver. Been to Metrotown Mall countless times.
>>
>>1246569
Edmonton art gallery is a bit bigger, and if you like swim parks, the WEM one isn't half bad. Of the three cities, it's the best bet mostly because it's the biggest. The beer scene isn't bad, but it's not unique.
>>
>>1246892
Distance wise, I was leaning towards Sask, Winnepeg just to get close to the halfway mark.

Art galleries are neat though. I've asked a few people at work and they all day Edmonton but again it doesn't serve much in the way of splitting the ride up so I might even just skip the whole thing all together and push straight for Toronto.
>>
Ive been to all three and personally i enjoyed Winnipeg the most. Check out the cool market they have and the human right museum, if that interests you. Hang out down by the river.
>>
>>1247430
Honestly thinking it over I might just leg out the whole trip on the train. I know people in Edmonton and can really visit anytime.

I'll use the extra 2 days in Jasper.
>>
None of them. I lived in Edmonton for a couple years and it was a shit hole. Visited the other cities and they weren't any better. The only thing cool about western Canada was BC
>>
r8 my trip lads
>>
Edmonton would be least shit but its like choosing between cancer, small pox or fatal whooping cough.
>>
>>1248134
Thats like me but backwards, almost exactly. It looks like you are stopping at just about every station, what are your plans after Toronto?
>>
>>1248721
Nevermind, I got the dates mixed. Same question but what are plans before Toronto.
>>
>>1248723
Edmonton -> Peg -> Churchill -> Peg -> TO?
>>
Brit here, and I've only been to Edmonton, but I thought it was fairly nice and I heard from Canadians that Saskatoon and Winnipeg are pretty boring. Edmonton is unspectacular, but it has lots of nice places to eat/drink and, more importantly, is near to some of the most beautiful nature on earth in Jasper and Banff. You can easily spend a day at West Ed Mall too.
>>
>>1248752
Living in Van atm, to be honest Im pretty tried of restaurants and outlets. Jasper is already on the list so it's only confirming to me that I can just jump over to Tor from Jasper. Unless >>1248726 has some really cool ideas of stuff to do.

>>1248726
Yeah, what kind of itinerary do you have at those places?
>>
>>1248771
So you're looking for something that's unique to the city, rather than something you could do in any city? iirc Edmonton has quite a few festivals during the summer that looked quite fun so you might want to research that, but I couldn't see anything else that looked 'unique' in that way. Manitoba has some snake pits nearby which sound pretty crazy, so maybe it'd be worth stopping off there just to see those.
>>
>>1248771
Nothing really set in stone yet desu. Just gonna go to most major attractions probably.
>>
>>1248134
did you get the 150 pass?

what are you doing in chruchill? heard there's beluga watching in the summer, but everything there seems pretty pricey because of isolation
>>
>>1248831
Will you fly back?

>>1248774
>So you're looking for something that's unique to the city
Kind of I guess, I'm not even really sure what I was looking for, as soon as I get confirmation for my semester's end date, I plan on booking the ticket.

4 Days in Jasper then on to Toronto and beyond.

If I were to wait about a week is there a possibly that the train might fill up? I'm going July 28th?
>>
>>1248909
Ya copped a 150 pass.

I'm just going up there because without the pass its usually a couple thousand to do the trip. I have two tours and two nights hostel booked for around $350 right now.
>>
>>1248931
Yeah flying back from Moncton got family there so just gonna kick it for a week
>>
>>1247823
this sounds like the best variation on this plan. desu winnipeg and saskatoon are flyover cities. Edmonton at least has a mall full of wacky shit(I'm a fan of the water park), and some great parks and museums. Jasper is definetly worth chillen in for a few days, especially if you have contacts with a car to get you out and about. Shit, you could probably see all of the cool animals from the train yard, but that isn't nearly as interesting as the wilderness of the national parks in the area.
>>
>>1249068
Thanks for the advice. I just gotta get through booking hotels and shit now.

Glad I made the thread.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.