[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ I'm travelling to the US for the first time on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 9

Hey /trv/

I'm travelling to the US for the first time on Thursday (San Fran, San Diego , Vegas and NYC) and I can't help but feel extremely paranoid about getting mugged. Especially in NYC.

I've never been robbed before but I just have a feeling. Any tips on how to avoid ?

Would like to hear of any of /trv/s stories/ experiences.

>muggings general
>>
>>1246132
>I just have a feeling
That's stupid and irrational.

>Any tips on how to avoid?
Don't find yourself in the darkness alone. That's really all.
>>
>>1246132
Iv'e been to all those cities and lived in SF for a while, never been mugged.

Here is America's official guide to not getting mugged in America:
1. Don't trust brown people
2. REALLY don't trust brown people if you are brown. They believe that if you are one of them you are less likely to call the police.
>>
>>1246138

Lmao I'm going over with my gf who's mixed race so should be a laugh
>>
>>1246132
Stay out of the hood and you'll be fine.
>>
Lots to see and do in SF. Ck out Trip Advisor's top ten for the typical touristy shit. But know this: city is overrun with crazy ass homeless and roving gangs of blacks looking for easy targets. Cop here don't give a fuck about any crime worth less than $900 value, so don't go waving your iphone or leaving valuables in sight in your rental car. Stay out of areas where you see young black or latino thugs (Mission District). Carry a fake wallet to give up. Never argue or resist a mugging. These fucks will shoot you in a hearbeat.

Remember........around black never ever relax.
>>
>>1246132
New York hasn't been dangerous since the 1990s. Just don't act like a retard and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1246138
ignore this autist
>>
>>1246167
Do these people have no knowlede of NYC other than Taxi Driver?
>>
>>1246132
avoid black people and you wont have any issues.
>>
>>1246157
Jesus and you call yourself first world country ?
I don't get shit like that in Poland.
>>
>>1246132
I have literally been blackout drunk wandering around nyc and haven't even been approached.

Don't act like an idiot, and dont start handing out money to beggars.
>>
>>1246211
He's a clueless suburbanite probably, SF is pretty safe
>>
>>1246132
>mugged
>with a KNIFE
Kek you clearly are not American.
>>
Take out any valuable (monetary or personal) cards out of your wallet and keep most of your money in your sock, yes it's good and all to go off the beaten path, but don't do it at night. At night it's better to stick to the main walkways. Also, I hate to sound racist, but like everyone one else said, avoid black people at night
>>
>>1246132
Avoid the black parts of town.
>>
>>1246196
Good goyim, trust brown people and go into their neighborhoods at night, it's totally safe
>>
OP, you'll be fine. The chances of you being caught in something bad are extremely small.

You might rarely see someone that is a bit sketchy, it will be easily identifiable just like where you're from (UK?). You aren't going to get mugged.

>>1246157
These people have never been to the US and have heard nothing but bullshit on TV. They are taking your crap literally.

>>1246362
More hysterical bullshit.
>>
>>1246464

Yeah Edinburgh mate. Think I'm being irrational but I just can't help myself feeling like this wherever I go !
>>
basically if the people you come up against look like criminals (black etc) you should try and avoid them if you can
>>
File: 1484321633526.jpg (468KB, 1184x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1484321633526.jpg
468KB, 1184x1046px
Seems like people here never leave the basement.

Im from mexico, and i feel a lot more unsafe in the US than here. You see, there are too many homeless in the US, for example SF is full of them, they are crazy and they are unpredictable.

In fact, i was attacked by one in my last trip to LA, some dude helped me chase him and we had him down, bystanders started shitting us because "Hey man leave him alone he is drunk and just having fun" "hey man he is crazy doesnt know what he is doing leave him alone", then the police never arrived. Some weeks later i read that some homeless idiot went reckless stabbing people in front of amoeba records.

I would be careful going around, just watch your back, if you get stabbed remember that the US has some shitty worse than communist health care so you better purchase a good insurance.
>>
>>1246132
Always know where you are, and where you are headed. Look at maps before you leave your hotel or a olace so you are walking with a purpose

Don't stand around on a street corner looking at your phone and looking up at street signs making it obvious you dont know where you are

Dont walk around with a camera around your neck

Cross the street or duck into a business if you see young shady black people approaching

If you're riding a train, same thing, memorize the shit front and back before you even approach
>>
>>1246132

I went to NYC for the first time recently and I was disappointed at how safe it was, as I'd expected something much more edgy. The most rugged thing I witnessed was 2 nogs shouting abuse at each other on the UWS, but the cops were there literally in a minute. I felt completely safe walking around Manhattan at night, wearing nice clothes and an expensive watch, no one bothered me.

If anything, Vegas will be more dodgy, due to the high & concentrated numbers of hustlers and other degenerates from California who come to prey on the tourists, as well as drinking in public being legal, just don't jaywalk, it's an arrestable offence they take very seriously.
>>
>>1246201
What if they are doctors,cops,business people or cashiers?
>>
>>1246445
I actually live in NYC and do this all the the time.
>>
File: goatse-danish.jpg (82KB, 594x446px) Image search: [Google]
goatse-danish.jpg
82KB, 594x446px
>>1246132
carry decoy money and possibly a shitty decoy cellphone and hide the real valuable stuff in your socks.
>>
>>1246211
This will be Poland if you let in the never ending wave of refugees. America used to not be like this.
>>
>>1246588
All of this is good advice.

I've never been mugged, OP. I have lived in NY, DC and Miami. I've been to 28 countries. My golden rules are based on that guy's advice. I already know what I'm doing before I get to a train station or walk a few blocks. I am pretty trusting with Taxi drivers, who are overwhelmingly decent (cept miami if they're haitain where they drive like a bat out of hell across curbs, see no lane markings, etc) but I wouldn't do that outside of the US whatsoever. I am not cheap, but sometimes I do splurge on something safer when in doubt. Get off a metro and get into a taxi if the neighborhood seems to have a few too many check cashing stores, if you know what I mean. Cross the street or duck into a business when you think you're getting attention or being followed. Better to thwart a something than kick yourself later for having a bad gut feeling and ignoring it. When you are a spiritual/prayerful person, you usually spot the evil in the eyes or see the drug addict nervousness, or wild eyes on that homeless dude. Within the US, the homeless are typically mentally ill and homeless by choice. The rest of the homeless are single women with kids and they're in shelters and you'll never see them. Do not engage, nevertheless, but not outright rude.

Do locals own cars? Then you aren't on foot but in a car too.

If the weather can stand it, any belongings you have are crossbody under your shirt or jacket, and it's closed. Summer is harder :/
>>
>>1246476
It will be no different from the UK. Generally Americans don't travel outside of the US (and often not outside of their area) so they don't have anything to compare it to. So they think that the US cities are somehow awful in all sorts of ways compared to the utopia that they imagine Europe or Asia to be. It's all bullshit.
>>
>>1246588
Mostly overkill except for:

>Cross the street or duck into a business if you see young shady black people approaching

Otherwise just look around to see how worried you need to be. If you see entirely poor black people, be on edge and do the shit like this guy says. If you see any decently-dressed white people dicking around on their phones, relax.
>>
>being scared of NYC
>2017

Jesus it's like people watched a movie filmed in the 80s and assumed New York hasn't changed since. When all the minorities are pushed out because they can't afford rent, whitey is gonna move in a gentrify the fuck out of it. I grew up there for 19 years of my life and not once was I mugged or approached by someone with ill intent. Please stop getting your information from outdated films.
>>
>>1246132
If it looks sketchy don't go there, stay on main streets. Most muggings are overblown and done by people doing stupid shit because they are too cheap to do an uber and trusting niggers
>>
>>1246132
>keep hands in pocket
>check cellphone ever now and then
>keep mostly faced forward
>look like you know where you are going
>>
>>1246849
>>keep hands in pocket
>keep hands in pocket>keep hands in pocket>keep hands in pocket>keep hands in pocket>keep hands in pocket

Holy shit no
This is the fastest way for someone to fuck with your shit. Keep your hands BY your pocket, but holy fuck you NEED YOUR HANDS available god forbid anything happens

t. Street medic who deals with bums DAILY
>>
>>1246879
I basically put just part of my fingers halfway in, never had a problem. Even had a guy start approching me once and just made it look like I was pulling out something, he just went "oh wait man we cool" and walked away
>>
>>1246789
America has gotten continous safer for decades now. And the post he was responding to is total bullshit anyway.
>>
>>1246841
Yeah NYC is very safe overall, its unlikely you'll get mugged unless maybe you're carelessly wandering around side blocks in bad neighborhoods at 3AM
>>
>>1246916
*continously
>>
>>1246132
In Europe it's about 1000x worse and more likely to get mugged/pick pocketed. A group of girls in my class did got mugged in NYC in an alleyway during the day once tho, but they were easy targets
>>
>>1247019
There are almost no alleys in the tourist parts of NYC
>>
>>1246445
If your a tourist you're not going to the Bronx or east Brooklyn or some shit, unless you get INSANELY lost. A tourist literally will never have to worry about stumbling into a bad neighborhood. Everywhere you go will be safe. What a thread full of nonsense....
>>
In San Francisco DO NOT ride the Muni buses. If you ride the BART trains, do not sit by the door. Stay alert. If you see group of blacks coming at you, get ready for a beatdown/robbing. The homeless/panhandlers are some of the most aggressive in the country. They shit and piss wherever so avoid these fucks like the plague. Don't step on their dirty needles.

Homeless here are considered sacrosanct. It's a wonder the Board of Supervisors don't declare areas where they shit Cultural Exchange Centers.
>>
Seriously, do take some care.
I'm from the UK too, and was pretty shocked by how easy it is to accidentally find yourself in sketchy or outright dangerous situations in US cities.

NYC, however, is pretty safe - if you just walk about tourist areas you'll be fine. It would take serious effort to get in trouble there.

SF I would just advise you to take a little care; it is a pretty small place, so it is easy to wander into a shitty area. Do not linger in black or hispanic areas. I got accosted completely unprovoked several times, mainly in the former.

And ignore >>1247019 and >>1246832
While the risks of being pick-pocketed is higher in a city like Barcelona, the risk of being the victim of serious violent crime is much much much much higher in the US and you should not be stupid about it.
>>
>>1246132
having spent numerous black out drunk night in NYC in the last 2 years I can assure you that it's as hill as it gets also this city sleeps like a bitch everything except very select coffee shops and 7/11 or deli shops is closed after 3 it's bullshit honestly don't sweat it and make sure to try all the food in Ktown 34th st and 7ave also pizza in the Manhattan is some of the worst go to queens or BKLyn for the good shit bronx too but it's far AF
>>
>>1246132
stay away from queens after dark

especially under the 7train line

you WILL be at the very least followed.
>>
>>1246132
try to avoid black people if you can.
>>
>>1247330
Do you have any idea how enormous Queens is?
>>
>people not from a city talk about how incredibly dangerous the city is

Listen to them, i live in the most notorious part of my town, I'm missing and arm and a leg already :r)
>>
>go to SF on group trip when I was 17
>our guide tells us to get a cab everywhere, not to walk back to the hotel
>think 'fuck it' and walk back to the hotel, I'm an Englishman, walking doesn't bother me
>get a little lost around Union Square
>see a black dude get kicked out of a car, pull a piece, and start chasing the car yelling shit
>nobody seems phased by this
>little spooked, jump on bus
>me and my friend's shopping bags get lifted
We should have listened to the fucking guide. SF should be carpet bombed.
>>
>>1247330
under the 7 line?

you are such a pussy, Roosevelt Ave is fine

I was there at night not too long ago and there was no issue at all
>>
>>1247345
He's a dipshit, probably a clueless Long Islander.

Queens is enormous and the only parts that could be considered bad are Far Rockaway and South Jamaica, and I doubt a tourist would end up in either.
>>
>>1246824
Lol because you can't tell that someone has a suspicious demeanour unless you're "spiritual/prayerful"

If anything it's the opposite
>>
you wont get robbed, just take care of your things as you normally would that is all. enjoy your trip
>>
>>1246132
Stay away from Black people.
>>
>>1247533
What if you're black?
>>
>>1247546
This site is for 18+ kid
>>
iv lived in San Diego my whole life.
Stay out of black and Mexican neighborhoods
you will be fine ,
also explore outside the city, go to Julian and lake henshaw and stuff
>>
>>1246132
San Fran is fairly safe all things considered, and the general catch all safety tip is stay where it's well populated. Never go places that isolate you or if it's night don't go places that aren't well lit AND low foot traffic.

As for Vegas, literally just stay on the main strip and you're fine. Don't approach anyone asking for money and if they approach you just walk off like everyone else. Don't wander too far past the Stratosphere (tallest building in Vegas so you won't miss it). That's where it starts to get sketchy. As long as you're in a high traffic area, nobody will be dumb enough to try and mug you since the strip is the most policed place in the city.
>>
>>1247581
Nothing wrong with Mexican neighborhoods, San Diego has a huge Mexican population is considered the safest major city in the US

/pol/tards are so autistic
>>
>>1247438
I live in queens motherfucker, around the corona stop.
>>1247345
Yes which is why I mention the 7 line, I don't want him to be wandering up to corona late at night though I guess I am assuming the worst for him without taking into account what he may be like.
>>
>>1247653
Corona can be a little ghetto but the 7 line goes through some nice neighborhood mostly.
>>
>>1246132
if you're in NYC for a while take a day trip to Philly ;)
>>
>>1246132
As an European who lived in SF for a year, the chances of getting robbed are slim, especially during the day. You can always use lyft at night to make sure you don't wander to bad places.
>>
>>1247694
what's the ladyboy scene in San Francisco?
>>
>>1247654
The precinct Corona is in averages like 0 murders a year...it's not that bad. It's rough around the edges maybe, but it's not an actual ghetto.

And every neighborhood to the West is solidly nice. I was in Jackson Heights as well as Corona a few times at night right under the 7 train and I didn't feel remotely unsafe.
>>
I've lived in SF, NYC, traveled to SD, LV several times.

You guys watch too much TV.
>>
>>1246132
steer clear of blacks and you'll be fine
>>
>>1247754
I'm convinced most of these dudes never leave their basement
>>
>>1247653
>>1247654
weird advice, roosevelt ave is just fine. you may feel out of place if you dont speak spanish but its cool
>>
>>1248014
This. And omI wouldn't even say you'd feel out of place not knowing Spanish because plenty of the Latinos walking around are New York born, and it's not like eavesdropping strangers is a necessity anywhere.

Plus, once you get closer to the Jackson Heights subway station (coming from the East) it gets super diverse.
>>
>>1248030
*IMO
>>
>>1248014
>>1248030
Roosevelt Ave is fine indeed. Corona is just not as nice a neighborhood as Jackson Heights.
>>
>>1246132
you're gonna get shot anyway, not mugged, prepare for that. delusional fags will tell you otherwise, because they saw some news story (it's in the news, because it's unusual) about some dead people in another country (single digit number), while dozens get shot every single week (not unusual, so not worthy of being in the news)
>>
>>1247355
>>people not from a city talk about how incredibly dangerous the city is
>Listen to them, i live in the most notorious part of my town, I'm missing and arm and a leg already :r)
you're totally right, at the same time, listen to whatever any nutcase has to say about countries he's never been to, like France or a Scandinavian country.
>>
>>1246132
>NYC
I'm a 5'6 yuppie-looking white kid and I ran into exactly 0 trouble walking alone around northern (from wash heights to harlem) Manhattan at 2 am on a few different nights last time I went. Just stay sober and don't go looking for trouble.
>>
>>1246132
For NYC just learn the subway map and you'll be fine
>>
>>1247710
I live near SF. If you're looking for ladyboys, check out a place called "Asia SF" on 9th Street. It's a restaurant and bar and on the weekends (I'm not sure if also during the weekdays so I'd check) they do ladyboy shows. Good looking ladyboys dance on a runway, talk to the people, are the waitresses and are the waitresses. I'm more than sure several of them would be willing to show you a good time.

Also, there's always Craigslist. Almost all TS/CDs in the Bay Area's Casual Encounters section are Asian, and DTF for free. I've met up with a few and they're always super nice and not crazy. Wrap it up and have fun.
>>
beware of coloreds
>>
>>1247403
Yup, sf here. Avoid the tenderloin. Especially eddy st. Any area between 5th and 10th on market should be avoided
>>
I'm white gentrifying scum and I live in the least gentrified part of harlem (which is still pretty gentrified), haven't been a victim yet, although it helps that I never dress in anything nicer than a hoodie or cheap jacket
>>
Been here a few days wearing yeezy boosts and am still alive boys !

Back home is probs scarier than anything I've seen here !!
>>
>>1249807

Most places in the US are pretty safe, you just need to avoid niggers
>>
File: 1490508985900.png (105KB, 217x278px) Image search: [Google]
1490508985900.png
105KB, 217x278px
Use to live in NYC and honestly just don't be dumb and you'll be fine. Not sure if you have anyone going with you, but if you do just make sure to stay together at night and don't go into any obviously shady places. It's common sense honestly, but if you're THAT spooked by it, just keep a fake wallet on you to ease your mind. Also, just avoid black people with hoods up.
>>
some of you need to stop going on /pol/ and leave your basement
>>
>>1246132
Stay clear of black people and be back in your hotel by 9 pm.
>>
I spent a few days wandering around the Bronx and Manhattan wasted a few years ago.

>Only problems i had was some dude got pissed at me for talking shit on David Ortiz after a Red Sox / Yankees game.

>My buddy got into a verbal spat with some Asian dude selling bootleg DVDs on the subway.

>Some piss drunk guidette started screaming at me after the Red Sox /Yankees game because i was wearing a Cardinals ballcap.

Everybody else was nothing but friendly. I had a great time in NYC. I need to go back.
>>
>>1250368
Stop samefagging, you basement dwelling permavirgin
>>
File: 1461969998007.jpg (9KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461969998007.jpg
9KB, 240x200px
>>1246138
He's not wrong, just steer clear of black people that look like trouble. If they dress like hipsters and don't talk in bix nood, then you should be fine. The shady ones should stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not around a lot of mexicans, so I can't speak for them, but I'm sure if you're not retarded you'll have your wits about you.
>>
>>1246132
I've never been to any of those places but I just thought I'd remind you not to relax around blacks.
>>
>>1246132
The people in the big cities here in America are very different from people elsewhere in the country. The very first thing I saw when I went to Seattle--I shit you not--was a MIDGET COUPLE walking a crosswalk behind a TRANNY. Maybe it was just obscure performance art, but I'll never forget that. Lots of brown hookers in the inner city at night. Otherwise it can be a lot of fun if you have money.
>>
>>1251175
Mexican here, it's pretty much the same thing for all races. Stay away from a group of people that dress like thugs or hillbillies.
>>
>>1252186
No, that's just Seattle in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
>>
Simple, but walk near the street side of a sidewalk so you can't be pulled into an alley and the breadth of your vision is greater. Applies everywhere.
>>
>>1250368
This.
Everyone falls for the nightlife meme but the only thing out there is degenerates.

Most patrician choices dont stay open that late so just buy some liquor and bring it back to your room that night since you are bringing pussy with you and you can still be culturally enriched without being CULTURALLY ENRICHED.
>>
>>1252290
That's bullshit, you're a neckbeard /pol/ autist
>>
>>1252290
>meme
>degenerates
>patrician
>culturally enriched

Listen to this guy, his brains have in no way been fried by the internet mememonster.
>>
>>1252412
that guy must be real fun at parties
>>
>>1246132
Don't be a pussy. Walk like a badass. I went to a favela at 3 AM with double vision and I still have have my kidneys.
>>
>>1246132
Stick to tourists spots, and don't beer away from them. No venturing outside tourist locations without a vehicle will keep you safe. Pretty much a Pro Tip for every travel location.
>>
>>1254853
That's super unnecessary in NYC, even the bad parts aren't that bad anymore
>>
>>1246132
San Diego is pretty safe. Why don't you go visit some good cities or a national park instead our hellhole liberal cities? Las Vegas is an awful place.
>>
>>1246476
you nigger glasgow is more dangerous than all of the cities you listed there
>>
Don't go to SF. Not because you'll get mugged but because it's full of assholes and covered in shit.
>>
In Vegas, avoid blacks if you venture to downtown Vegas. The area outside of the Strip is pretty interesting, but watch what you drink and who is around you. Watch out for people behind you if you are using an ATM.

San Diego is very chill, just avoid the usual suspects and touristy areas past 12AM.

NYC is safe, just walk a bit faster to blend in and avoid anyone who looks like a beggar. Subways and transit stations are hobo magnets. Know where you're going and how to get back. Taxis are everywhere if you find yourself in a shithole. Avoid the Bronx.

SF is cool, but there are some pretty shitty places outside of it. Oakland is not a good place to get lost in. Avoid the Tenderloin district.
>>
>>1255563
Too many degenerates for you?
>>
>>1246132
Avoid non whites. The murder rate would drop 97% if there weren't any in NYC.
>>
>>1246132
>(San Fran, San Diego , Vegas and NYC)

NYC is easily the safest of those four cities
>>
>>1255668
NYC is safe as it is, autist
>>
>>1246132
Don't go to shady places at night. And don't go into the ghettos. Seriously, that's it. If harm comes to you as a tourist, you're literally a statistical anomaly. Nearly all violence in America stems from three sources:
>Gangs
>Drugs (and by extension, Gangs again.)
>Crimes of passion
As a tourist you should be nowhere near any of those things.
>>
>>1246132
Basically don't act like you want to be talked to, and never make eye contact with anyone you see who looks like they're trying to sell you something. Also stay away from the homeless in and around Washington Square Park at night, it gets weird and they can be unpredictable
>>
>>1255893
No, it's really not.
>>1246138
>Brown people
Just call them niggers for fuck's sake

OP stay in wealthy high-end areas and you should be fine, if you venture out in search of the nightlife meme you WILL run into trouble in some form or another, NYC is a dangerous place at night. Also, treat all native negroids like lepers for good measure.
>>
>>1255893
>NYC is safe

No, it's not. Shit just goes without getting reported because people don't want to get fucked up by who knows the guy who knows a guy who would fix you up. There also so many people in NYC that unless the cop sees it going down, your chances of getting any shit back that isn't in a pawnshop is 0. Lastly people will also rip you off two ways to tuesday if you look out of place.

generally you can tell how safe a place is given how good the roads are a lot of the time.
>>
>>1257054
i think you might just be autistic, is what's the problem
>>
>>1257047
>if you venture out in search of the nightlife meme you WILL run into trouble in some form or another

Holy kek. Ya OP just stay in your hotel room, but even that might get broken into.
>>
Being European who lived in Poland and Finland through most of my lifetime, this thread makes me really uncomfortable. "Just avoid dark streets", "be where the crowd is", "carry spare wallet", "always take a cab/car anywhere", "never walk anywhere"... It's exactly like in all of these crappy American movies. Holy fuck, how can you guys live there? Why won't you move away to some more civilized country? Why won't you vote for banning guns and shit? What is wrong with you? How do you feel living in a country where being out of home at 2 AM could get you killed?
>>
>>1257238
It's the price of real freedom. We aren't allowed to drink alcohol in public though.
>>
>>1257238
This thread is full of /pol/ trolls
>>
>>1257238
>How do you feel living in a country where being out of home at 2 AM could get you killed?
Because it won't. I don't live in the shithole cities where all the tourists will be. The rural country and suburbs are comfy but there's nothing to see so there's no point in giving tourists advice about them.
>>
>>1257112
Prove me wrong faggot.
>>
>>1246132
I'm pretty sure only mentally ill people commit crimes below 96th street nowadays. As long as you use common sense and stay in places where tourists and rich people are, NYC might be the safest city in the country.
>>
ITT rednecks and autists who spent a weekend in the big city and saw a black person with borderline personality disorder.
>>
File: IMG_0203.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0203.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1257238
I have been in New York for a single day now, and have ignored all of the "advice". 4 more left, what are my chances of survival?
>>
>>1257320
Look up crime statistics. NYC is safe as fuck while also having one of the most active nightlife scenes in the world. It's the city that never sleeps dude.
>>
>>1257047
No, you're a fucking idiot and have never been to NYC.

It's safe as fuck except for certain areas with a lot of housing projects, and even then it's really not that bad.

>>1257054
You're an idiot, the fact that it's so densely populated makes it safer if anything, since there always people around.

>>1257238
This thread is filled with /pol/ autists, I go out til 4AM every weekend night and nothing bad ever happens to me.
>>
>>1257336
is that a cocktail bar?
>>1257329
That's true.

And even most of Manhattan above 96th street is relatively safe.

>>1257350
this. I never feel unsafe walking around the LES or Williamsburg at 3AM.
>>
>>1257329
>>1257363
What's that 96th street thing?
>>
There's a housing project on the east side of Manhattan on 96th street so it can get a little sketchy. But there's no reason to go there anyway. On the west side, theres Columbia University at 116th street and yuppies and students all throughout lower Harlem, so you have to go way uptown for it to get even remotely dangerous.

All this being said, and this especially applies in New York, any sane black or brown man won't touch a white person in their hood, because they'd be arrested by the next day. You'll just get a "what the fuck are you doing here" look.
>>
>>1257488
>>1257496
>>
>>1257496

the only people who will even give you that look are dusty ass Nation of Islam types
>>
>>1257488
for a while, the cutoff line for white people Manhattan was West 110th st on the West Side and East 96th st on the East Side (going North). That's not to say every block North of here was bad even back in the day, but it was just a general sort of cutoff for where hood Manhattan began.

Nowadays no part of Manhattan is even dangerous except for maybe some parts of Central and East Harlem with a lot of Housing projects. Even then you'll mostly be fine.

Parts of Harlem are rapidly gentrifying, and Washington Heights and Inwood are decent neighborhoods, I would live in either. So much juicy Dominican ass!
>>
File: IMG_0209.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0209.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1257363
Bar/restaurant. I was just there for the food, so don't ask me how they taste.
>>
>>1247722
My dad worked the 110 precient. Corona then was mostly Italian and black. Nation of Islam guys would own stores on Northern Blvd and the junkies would leave them alone.
>>
File: 1496531780281.png (347KB, 594x784px) Image search: [Google]
1496531780281.png
347KB, 594x784px
Dearest friends.
I have a business trip to the UK in 2 weeks and I think I need to carry a spoon/knife or stick or something to protect myself in case a member of the religion of peace would like to discuss islam with me AKA attack me with a knife at a restaurant.

My question is: What are defense laws like? How many times do I need to let him stab me before I can stab him back or defend myself?
I know if I just stab him as soon as he lunges at me, I will probably go to jail so I figure if I let him get a good 2-3 stabs in, I should be ok to retaliate.

Any UK lawfags know proper procedure?
>>
>>1257645
You should just stab yourself right now senpai
>>
Last time I was in London I smiled at a beautiful hijabi woman and I've never received a dirtier look in my life. London is lost.
>>
>>1257642
Corona nowadays is neither black or Italian
>>
>>1257714
Full of Mexicans now. Could the name have drawn them there?
>>
>>1257785
I think Corona is actually more popular in the US than Mexico
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 481x831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 481x831px
>>1257645
To avoid any type of legal trouble immediately drop to your knees facing the general direction of Mecca and start to pray
>>
>>1247096
I visited SF for a conference a few months ago, and used BART twice, through oakland and all. Two days later there was an article about 16 black kids robbing and beating people on it at the oakland stop.

I've also been attacked by a homeless while in SF, and I get constantly asked for money and followed, there's a sceaming homeless person on every corner. Some BART stops have tents surrounding them and decrepit psychos wandering everywhere.

I have a job offer there, but I will NEVER go back. Fuck that place.
>>
>>1247096
Also BART is a slow, rickety piece of shit. The locals curse the public transportation in SF. It really does suck dick. You might as well be walking everywhere since the piss seat busses go 5 mph with all the fucking traffic.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.