[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How shitty is the idea to try and volunteer at a Sloth sanctuary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3938.jpg (58KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3938.jpg
58KB, 400x536px
How shitty is the idea to try and volunteer at a Sloth sanctuary (maybe somewhere around Costa Rica) for a couple of weeks during summer? I don't know anyone that has done that before but my sisters volunteered at similar places (for elephants in Thailand) and really liked it.

Any advice?
>>
>>1246076
that's actually an awesome idea, I really like sloths so I'm bumping in hopes of some answers
>>
>>1246076
Well, you dont know shit about sloths, so you will probably be more of a tourist than real help.
On the other hand there are sloth, and sloths are great and fluffy
>>
>>1246076
Far as I can tell, there is the one Sloth Sanctuary, I imagine they are hip-deep in people w want to stay there and play with sloths.

Way to find out for sure -- contact them and ask.
>>
so I'm assuming no one here has any prior experience with something similar to above? Doesn't matter where it is, I just wanna be around sloths in a sortof non-touristy way for a bit, even if it's just cleaning their shit, washing & feeding them etc.
>>
>>1246556
http://www.costaricaanimalrescuecenter.org/volunteer/

These guys accept volunteers for a "donation," http://www.thewildweb.org/wildlife-volunteering-costa-rica

These guys, http://www.slothsanctuary.com/, do not take on volunteers.
>>
>>1246076
Pretty awesome, but how much weed consumption did it take to think "dude. sloths are where it's at"?
Serious question
>>
hate to bum you out anon, but wildlife sanctuaries need
A. trained veterinarians
B. money
that's it.

many operate as businesses with little regard for animals welfare, allowing them to become tame for tourists who pay large sums to "volunteer"

a really common scam is "volunteers" who pay large sums to construct things which are taken down as soon as they leave

just go to a zoo
>>
>>1246929
yea this is basically what I was fearing desu...
>>
>>1246076
Make sure you go to a place that doesn`t make you pay. There are a lot of places that just want your money and all you'll be doing is boring manual labour. You might end up doing the same thing without paying, but there's a better chance that you'll be taught how to do more hands-on things with the sloths and if not, at least it's free.
>>
Eli?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.