[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /trv/ tell me about Bosnia? I'm specifically thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

What can /trv/ tell me about Bosnia?

I'm specifically thinking about visiting Mostar and Sarajevo this summer. Is one day in Mostar and 3 days in Sarajevo a good idea?
>>
>>1245884
smog is a problem in bosnia
>>
>>1245884
Yes, but note that it's gonna be hot.
>>
Damn I'd love to do a bit of war tourism in Bosnia. Check out medjugorje too.
>>
>>1245884
1 day in mostar, 3 in Sarajevo, that's exactly what I did. Also if you have some more time, try to check out a bunch of small villages lost somewhere out there, they are really something to see. The way every house has a huge farm, they all have goats and cows and fruit trees, a very simple life. Also not as poor as Romania or other euro countries. You will see tons of abandoned houses though, at least in the parts of the country that were heavily purged during the war.

>>1247006
>Check out medjugorje too.
uhhh... there's nothing to see there, just a tourist trap. An ugly church and an endless street with shops selling you those paying beads and other cheap souvenirs. The area around it is beautiful though. Theres some nice waterfalls not 30 minutes away from there, with a nice camping spot.
>>
>>1247010
Sounds picturesque around there.
>>
>>1247010
>1 day in mostar, 3 in Sarajevo, that's exactly what I did.
Was it good for you, or would you change anything about that?
>>
File: 542px-Visegrad_bridge.jpg (77KB, 542x599px) Image search: [Google]
542px-Visegrad_bridge.jpg
77KB, 542x599px
>>1247201
We didn't even do a full day in Mostar, more like a whole afternoon and then we moved on to that camping site by the waterfalls I mentioned. You can explore and all, but in the end it's a small place. Depends on how you want to take it.

>>3 in Sarajevo
If you want to do tons of museums and cultural activities then yeah, take 3 days. Or you could also do 1 day for the city itself (the center is pretty nice and multicultural, very interesting) and then another one for museums and such, and take the extra day just fucking anywhere, the countryside is amazing.

It all depends on how you travel, of course. We were camping and hitchhiking (hosteling in major cities, ie, Sarajevo) so we were really a lot more into the small sleepy villages and talking (trying...) to the locals. For instance, we camped one night in Mokra gora (Serbia, right on the border) then woke up, crossed the border on foot and h'hiked to Sarajevo. That whole ride was beautiful, so many crystal-clear rivers and awesome mountains and tunnels. Truly breathtaking.

We passed by Visegrad but decided not to stop, but in a hypothetical future trip I definitely would. There's the big bridge over the Drina river, which gives name to a book, pretty famous in the area. Beautiful city, from the research I did afterwards. And again, if you get a chance, explore this southern area in particular, it will blow you away. Pic related.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.