[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I am thinking about going to Egypt for 2 days. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
Hey /trv/,

I am thinking about going to Egypt for 2 days. The only place I would visit would probably be the Pyramids, and maybe the Nile.

Have any of you gone recently? Is it worth it to go? Did you feel safe while you were there?

I keep hearing terrible things about Egypt and how it is shit tier but seeing the pyramids are definitely on my bucket list, so I am torn.

Any help is much appreciated.
>>
>>1245605
The pyramids aren't going anywhere. Wait until it is more safe if you arent very experienced.
>>
>>1245605
>the Pyramids
>MAYBE the Nile

Are you planning to land in Libya and go East until you reach the Pyramids and then stop 1km away from the river?

>Have any of you gone recently? Is it worth it to go? Did you feel safe while you were there?
I was there October. It's not safe and twice as not for inexperienced travelers.
What are your age/sex/etc.
>>
>>1245605
its quite safe. my parents go there ever year usually for diving in the south. they skipped the revolution year but came back the following year and took pictures on the Tahrir Square.
BUT they are highly experienced and not idiots.

It could be problematic when you have no idea what you are doing and you also lack experience.

also if you are a femanon: there are a few more unpleasantness in the northen african countries that you have to deal with. But it is doable.

Pyramids are a must see. But there are far more enjoyable temples down the nile. The big tourism just makes it quite hectic and you always has to be aware of scams with everything regarding the pyramids (drivers, guides, etc.).
>>
>>1245612
16 white female, wealthy family if it matters. I prefer to travel alone, but sometimes I go with my girlfriend.
>>
>>1245619
oh boy
>>
>>1245637
It's a bait.
>>
>>1245637
mods!
>>
>>1245619
youngadventuress? she is a thicc blonde pawg
>>
>>1245611
Yeah, I probably should. It is just frustrating because I will already be in that region, so I'd like to stop by while I'm there.

>>1245612
The other poster is not me.

I am a white 22 year old male from the U.S. I'd be going by myself.

>>1245616
Damn, I'm not sure how experienced I am. I've never been to this part of the world before. But the days leading up to this I think I will be in Jordan. If I went, everything would be done through tour groups.
>>
>>1245619

Me and my friend were going to go to Morocco but my stupid boyfriend didn't want me to go. I just really wanted to bang some Moroccan guy
>>
You could get a good taste for Egypt in three days using Cairo as a base

Day 1: Explore city and coptic Cairo
Day 2: Pyramids
Day 3: Get a driver to take you round Alexandria
>>
>>1245947
Have you been?

Godamnit everyone gives me completely different advice on Egypt. Some say its wonderful and safe, others say it is a shitty unsafe place.

Do I need vaccinations to go there? How likely is it that I will be food poisoned? Is it easy to get around? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z!

No but in all seriousness, can someone give me a detailed description of how their trip was? I don't want to go to Egypt and then find out the whole thing was a meme.
>>
>>1245605
Seriously my man it's not worth it. Cairo is the worst place I've ever been in my life
>>
>>1246323
Damn that really sucks to hear. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>1246160
>Have you been?
Yes several times. Mainly to dive but also to Cairo and elsewhere. Below from the viewpoint of a white, non-muslim male.

>Godamnit everyone gives me completely different advice on Egypt.

Not surprising the experience depends heavily on luck and how you react/interact with the locals.

>Some say its wonderful and safe, others say it
is a shitty unsafe place.

It is both at the same time.

>Do I need vaccinations to go there?

Probably, talk to your medical adviser.

>How likely is it that I will be food poisoned?

Probable, to minimise the risks eat only fresh cooked food, stay away from ice in drinks, ice creams from street vendors, treat any non-sealed in a bottle water as poisonous and shower with your mouth firmly shut.

>Is it easy to get around?
Pretty much so but don't drive yourself. Taxi, car and driver, or when you have got the hang of it microbus are cheap by western standards even after paying idiot tax.

>No but in all seriousness, can someone give me a detailed description of how their trip was?

I like the place otherwise I wouldn't go back. It is hot. The pictures of the pyramids are carefully posed, looking the other way they are in a very ordinary Cairo suburb. It is smelly. The Egyptian museum has more treasures than I have patience for. The people are generally friendly. The diving in the Red Sea is world class. The toilets are interesting. The food in the bigger hotels can be very good, the international fast food chains are generally OK and the local food extablishments are probably best avoided in the interest of not experiencing too many of the toilets, though then off course you also chance missing out on some gems. It is a muslim country with traditionally a well integrated and tolerated significant Christian minority, lately this has deteriorated somewhat. Some of the scenery is wonderfull. The desert is extensive, superficially empty and littered with debris ancient and modern.
>>
Polish girl went alone to egypt on vacation few days ago she was probably raped there a multiple time, was found unconsious and in hospital she jumped from third floor and died, there's more stuff to it and lots of unknown details but it's quite a big thing now in Poland and i can say that now literally 99% of Poles feel hate and disgust to every arabic person so I am sure the country will stay white for a long time yet. It's very dangerous in egypt.

http://www.gazetawroclawska.pl/dolny-slask/a/27letnia-magda-ze-zgorzelca-zamordowana-w-egipcie,12040266
>>
>>1245773
>>1246160
>>1245947

Speaking of drivers I realized I have good contacts and I have a driver that I trust him and I can give you his number (absolutely buy a cheap SIM at the airport) so you can call and arrange a meeting. $20 to $35 per day depending on what you are doing.

It's going to save you a lot of hassle in the long run, drop me a mail on shakalakamutafuka @ gmail com if you're interested.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.