[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/ I'm considering to study abroad in Canada, preferably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Fuck you.jpg (133KB, 680x477px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.jpg
133KB, 680x477px
Hi /trv/ I'm considering to study abroad in Canada, preferably Edmonton. Anybody experience with studying here? And are there other cities in Canada that are more suitable for an exchange student?

Pic not related
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>1245369
> preferably Edmonton
> preferably
> Edmonton

Ahahahaha why the fuck would anyone want to come here out of choice. This city is a frozen shithole for 7-8 months of the year. Unless you're a masochist avoid this shithole.

I took this picture a month ago. If you're from a snowless country you may think " cool! Looks nice! " and yeah snow is pretty. But the unending cold and darkness take a toll and past the novelty of the first few weeks it begins to drain your will to live. I'm either going to relapse soon and be stoned 24/7 again to escape, leave the city forever or kill myself soon. Fuck this place.
>>
>>1245438
Trust me, I live in Nola, and I would kill for atleast a month of cold, we got below freezing 3 times in the last year, 3 fucking times, it was 80° in January, your situation is no worse than ours, just opposite
>>
>>1245503
I don't think you understand cold when they say freezing.
>>
unless it's something that uofa specializes in, I'd reconsider edmonton, only worse choice you could make would be winnipeg

other than vancouver there's no real cities in canada that don't go to -20 or 30 for a few months during winter

things get weird when it's that cold, it's hard to get around and do stuff, and downtown edmonton is full of natives

Look into concordia or mcgill in montreal, it's just as cold, but there's much more student and night life
>>
>>1245369
Toronto or Vancouver would be the obvious big 'global' city choices that are very suitable for an exchange student. It's really going to depend more on your circumstances/preferences/goals to decide where would be best for you. I moved from Ontario to Edmonton to go to the U of A. Cold really isn't much of a problem if you accept it as a fact of life. More than a million people manage to live here, it's not like it's Iqaluit or something.
>>
I always felt some sort of strange affection towards cold places, I guess thats why I'm eager to go too Canada.
So if I hear you guys I'm thinking Vancouver now.
>>
>>1245645
As someone whose lived in Canada all my life I can tell you that nobody here likes the weather. Its awful. I recommend picking a different country.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.